• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
    A question, can dual wielders block?

EDIT:
    And since it wouldn't be easy to kill Draugrs would it be easy to trip them? Make them lose their footing? They ARE thousands of years old.

I noticed there are a number of people who are ambidextrous, like flipping coins in the air and have had something tragic happen to their parents.

Skyrimosity

dual wielders can block, just keep in mind that them blocking would probably be a bit tougher and be a bit more tiring (blocking with swords means most of the strength used to block comes from the arms instead of the material)

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
    General Information

Name: Kaiser

Race: Breton

Class: Arcane Marksman(archer with bound bow)

Height: 5'10

Weight: 205 lbs

Build: Muscular on his arms but otherwise not very muscular.

Laterality: Right Handed

Sexuality: Heterosexual

Marital Status: Single

Properties: None

Affiliations: None

Afflictions:Lycanthropy

Habits: Tends to stare at people,as if sizing up their worth;Carries an iron dagger to remember his father.

Positive traits: Practical,Adaptive

Negative Traits: Can be Cynical at times.

Likes/Loves: Good books,good food,and wide open areas.

Dislikes/Hates: vampires.

Fears: That perhaps,he isn’t as brilliant and self reliant as he believes.

Aspirations: To overcome his past,his cynicism and to find where,in this world,he belongs.

Appearance

Hair Length: Short but long enough to cover the top of his ears.

Hair Color: Black

Facial Hair: Scruff

Eye Color: Blue

Skin Color: Slightly Tanned

Casual Attire: Simple black shirt,leather breeches and leather boots.

Armour: Black vampire armour set(boots,gloves,armour),apprentice hood.

Skills

Master: Archery

Expert: Conjuration

Adept: Light Armour,Smithing.

Apprentice: One-Handed

Gear: None; he conjures his own weapons.

History

Early Life: He remembers very little of his early life other then the night his family home was attacked by a vampire.It was late at night,perhaps around midnight,when he began hearing sounds of struggle.Fearing the worst,that their home was being attacked by bandits,he grabbed the iron dagger that his father had given him,and went to see what was going on.As he entered the room,he noticed a tall,pale altmer with dark,hungry eyes,standing in the center of the room.His father,family greatsword in hand,charged the altmer with a yell.In no more then a handful of moments,it was over.His father lying face down on the floor,greatsword fallen to the side from fingers that no longer bore life.As he turned his gaze from his fallen father to the door,the altmer met his gaze with a smile.Scared for his life,Kaiser begins to run for the window in his room but makes it only a few steps before the altmer deftly knocks him aside as he cuts of his advance.The altmer then sits stop of him,still smiling,and begins to drag his long,crude fingernails down the right side of his face,below his eye,leaving three large,oozing gashes.A gift,he says,to remember him by,and then he departs.

Early Teens: Not much happens during this time aside from Kaiser being picked up by a group of traveling performers,and being drawn to the archer of the group in particular.

Late Teens: From his 16th year to his 20th ,he practices archery under Isslyn,the archer of their small group,who quickly noticed that he has an aptitude for it.Aware of the boys past,she offers him a chance to gain an edge of the beast who ruined his life.On the eve of his 20th birthday,Isslyn brings him to a Shrine of Hircine to seek the gift with the edge he needs.They successfully contact Hircine,who states, that if Kaiser can survive pursuit from the Wild Hunt for a mere 3 days,he would gift him with the power he seeks.

Adulthood: From his 20th year to his 29th,he lives alone as a nomad,living off the land and whatever he can scavange from ruins.It is in one of these ruins that he discovers that the Draugr,who are usually passive for the most part,are becoming more numerous and more aggressive.Undetered,he proceeds into the ruins,picking off Draugr stragglers as he goes,until he reaches the main chamber of the ruin.It is at this point he loots the chest,only to be ambushed by the Draugr that were lying in wait for someone foolish enough to steal from them.Kaiser picks them off one by one until their sheer numbers force him to retreat out of the ruins and back onto the plains on Whiterun.

Finally finished.let me know if anything needs to change.

*Edit*
    Cut the former stormcloak,Stalhrim,and Silver Hand issue(char wouldn't have met them yet)

AS88

Staff member
    I'm a little concerned with the Stalhrim armour, and the mention of being a former Stormcloak, then there being no mention in the backstory. I know it's your RP, Skyrimosity, but y'know.

Skyrimosity

I'm a little concerned with the Stalhrim armour, and the mention of being a former Stormcloak, then there being no mention in the backstory. I know it's your RP, Skyrimosity, but y'know.

Well, I don't really know the Stahlrim armor so I am of no position to judge that aspect.

AS88

Staff member

Well, I don't really know the Stahlrim armor so I am of no position to judge that aspect.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Dragonborn:Stalhrim

Incredibly rare and valuable, only a handful of people know how to work it. In game, roughly equal in strength to Dragonscale.

Skyrimosity

Ah, after reading that article, Stahlrim armor does seem absolutely incredibly OP (and really doesn't even seem to fit your character) so, Jader , I'd like to ask you to tone down your character's armor.

Seanu Reaves

The Shogun of Gaming
    :oops: I have a character in another RP with Stalhrim... Then again it was a theme that no one really knows much about him...

Either way. I should go back to reading Virgilious' card.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
    Is it possible we gather better loot in the RP as we progress. But it should be realistic. Like there shouldn't be Dragon weapons in the fort but maybe steel armor or Imperial armor. And in tombs maybe we can get ancient nord armor

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
    Is it possible we gather better loot in the RP as we progress. But it should be realistic. Like there shouldn't be Dragon weapons in the fort but maybe steel armor or Imperial armor. And in tombs maybe we can get ancient nord armor
    I'm not Sky, but I assume it is logical to gather loot in the RP.

However, one thing that is normally overlooked is Armor is not one-size-fits-all. A wood elf can't realistically fit in an Orc's former armor and vice versa.

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
    Ah, after reading that article, Stahlrim armor does seem absolutely incredibly OP (and really doesn't even seem to fit your character) so, Jader , I'd like to ask you to tone down your character's armor.
    Any preference? I could downgrade it to Stormcloak Officer,but it would seem strange.My character uses some magic but isn't necessarily a mage.Perhaps Vampire Armour (black) with an apprentice hood?Seems a bit ironic but it could have been "scavenged"

Jader

The Mystic Marksman
    You're right about the Former Stormcloak idea.I've been thinking on that overnight and decided to cut it and the Stahlrim.My background was kind of rushed as I didn't know what the deadline would be,no excuse,but as I've said, this is my first real Rp,so I'd appreciate constructive criticism/ideas and a bit of leeway for the newbie ;)

AS88

Staff member
    You're right about the Former Stormcloak idea.I've been thinking on that overnight and decided to cut it and the Stahlrim.My background was kind of rushed as I didn't know what the deadline would be,no excuse,but as I've said, this is my first real Rp,so I'd appreciate constructive criticism/ideas and a bit of leeway for the newbie ;)

In terms of advice, I'd say to distance yourself from the game as much as possible and try to place your character somewhere in the world. In RPing, your character will very rarely be something particularly special, and more normal and flawed characters often have the best personality and progression. Legend of Lies in my sig was the first RP I participated in, so take a look if you need any beginner tips in the form of research, or PM me if you have any questions.

Jader

The Mystic Marksman

In terms of advice, I'd say to distance yourself from the game as much as possible and try to place your character somewhere in the world. In RPing, your character will very rarely be something particularly special, and more normal and flawed characters often have the best personality and progression. Legend of Lies in my sig was the first RP I participated in, so take a look if you need any beginner tips in the form of research, or PM me if you have any questions.
    I'll take a look at it when I'm able to get to a proper computer, currently away for the weekend and unlikely to have time.for much in terms of being online. Haven't played Skyrim in nearly 6months so I'm pretty well distanced,and thank you for the offer of pming for help.Much appreciated :D

Skyrimosity

Irish , Jader said he will be waiting for the fort attack to start before joining our group

AS88

Staff member
    I'll be continuing the little conversation at the stables today, too :)

Dradin

Tribunal Temple Acolyte
    Ok. I won't be able to respond today, but possibly Tuesday or Wednesday.

AS88

Staff member

Things snowballed a little, so aiming for tomorrow. I'm expecting to have plenty of time. :)

AS88

Staff member
    *le tumbleweed*

Come on guys, I thought we were going to start posting more regularly?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts