• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Every now and then I conjure a thought or question within my mind that doesn't quite fit any current thread, yet isn't worth creating a new thread for. So this thread is to be a repository of such random thoughts and questions. Post your own randomness here as well, this thread can go anywhere.

I'll begin with a question.

Has anyone ever duel-wielded the wood-cutting axe? That would look frightening.

JoeReese

While wearing the mask of Clavicus Vile and a chainmail loincloth?

DestroyerDevourMaster

"Zu'u Alduin. Zok sahrot do naan ko Lein!"
Every now and then I conjure a thought or question within my mind that doesn't quite fit any current thread, yet isn't worth creating a new thread for. So this thread is to be a repository of such random thoughts and questions. Post your own randomness here as well, this thread can go anywhere.

I'll begin with a question.

Has anyone ever duel-wielded the wood-cutting axe? That would look frightening.

I see it going something like this.

Johnny.jpg

Wildroses

I'll take you at your word about this thread being the repository of thoughts which don't fit into current threads but aren't worthy of making a new one. Here is the tale of my latest Dragonborn who already hates Delphine and Esbern and she hasn't even met Paarthurnax yet, much less received an ultimatum.

The trouble began after she reunited the pair of them in Riverwood and decided to walk together with them to Karthspire to find the temple. Along the way, she had to fight four wolves, one frostbite spider, four wolves and two dragons all by herself. They dawdled and ran so slowly only time they came in sight the entire way was right at the end of one dragon fight.

I've decided Delphine and Esbern are romantically involved and kept making sure they trailed well behind me so they could have some canoodling time.

Then, when we found the blood seal Esbern got excited and started saying all these new lines I'd never heard about the architecture and Akhvari, and Reman Cyrondiil. I was having fun listening to him and delayed putting any blood in the blood seal, and do you know what that bitch Delphine said to me?

"If you need help drawing some blood, let me know."

Kaelbu

I was doing the Aetherium Forge quests today and had Cicero and Lucien following me as usual. And for the first ruin, Katria the ghost tagged along.

Of course, I'm basically wearing Cicero as a backpack because he follows so close. But every time I'd look back to find Lucien and Katria, they were several yards behind, but very close together.

We looked less like a group of adventurers on a mission and more like a living couple and a ghost couple on a double date.

And all three of them were talking CONSTANTLY.

Cherry

Farfetch'd is judging you!
Yesterday, I decided to embrace the little cleptomaniac in me.

So, my Argonian broke into a random house, and literally stole every single thing the game allowed me to carry. Emptied the bookshelves, took his potted plants etc. My Argonian ran off into the night, giggling like a maniac. I'd like to imagine the guy waking up in the morning, going "What the...? Where's all my stuff!"

Then I went to Tonilia to sell off some of that junk. I imagined her taking one look at my merchandise, raising a single eyebrow, and saying "Dude, seriously? Wooden plates? Brooms?"

Oh, the fun I had. Good times :D

Kohlar the Unkilled

Time for some ale
Ragnar the Red is my least favorite song in the game. And it seems to be the one bards like the most! This could be the defining moment when K'ahn turns evil, he hears Ragnar the Red one too many times, and snaps.

Kaelbu

The female voice (like Ysolda's or Camilla's) that they gave some bards really mangled Ragnar the Red. Toward the end it's mostly growls and a bark. Actually, she kind of messes up all the songs.

Twiffle

Has anyone ever created a character called "Ragnar the Red" or "Matilda the Shield Maiden" ? :D
i created Lokir or Rorikstead, but he didnt last very long, :D

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I've been thinking about the game locking up. I think it's related more to your own inventory than anything else. With my current character, I'm making sure she travels light, and am not going to go above the base level of 300. I'm on level 39 now, and the game hasn't locked up even once. Also, it tends to lock up when there's a lot going on--a dragon, a follower, a dog, shadowmere, a couple of trolls, and me, and I'll jump and twist, and that's it. But with virtually no inventory, these situations don't cause lockups.

JoeReese

I've been thinking about the game locking up. I think it's related more to your own inventory than anything else. With my current character, I'm making sure she travels light, and am not going to go above the base level of 300. I'm on level 39 now, and the game hasn't locked up even once. Also, it tends to lock up when there's a lot going on--a dragon, a follower, a dog, shadowmere, a couple of trolls, and me, and I'll jump and twist, and that's it. But with virtually no inventory, these situations don't cause lockups.
The more that has to be rendered, the more lag you will get. I have noticed, when I build houses, the more stuff laying around (armory) the more lag, and I once tried to fill the back room with a huge junk pile. By the time I got waist high, it was all jiggling and I couldn't even move. Once I picked it all up and threw it in a barrel, though, I was ok again. That was on PS3.

Now, I have a decent PC. I run ultra graphics smoothly, and have very short loading screens. Just to see what would happen, I just pitted 50 Whiterun guards and 50 bandits against each other and a dragon, at Ft. Greymoor. It started to lag some when the fight began, but even more when the dragon arrived, and smoothed back out after the battle.

Twiffle

I was just wondering, , actually it was a random thought, , , so i thought,, hey i wonder if there is a random thought thread on the forums, , i digress, has anyone ever tried a build or would it be possible to have a build without using any crafting skills, for example a sword n board with all perks in relevant skills but no alchemy, smithing or wearing of any enchanted items, just hard ass nutter, , , so if anyone has a random thought about it and a comment or experience here is the place to think about it and reply, , , , :D

ColleenG

When in doubt, follow the fox.
I was just wondering, , actually it was a random thought, , , so i thought,, hey i wonder if there is a random thought thread on the forums, , i digress, has anyone ever tried a build or would it be possible to have a build without using any crafting skills, for example a sword n board with all perks in relevant skills but no alchemy, smithing or wearing of any enchanted items, just hard ass nutter, , , so if anyone has a random thought about it and a comment or experience here is the place to think about it and reply, , , , :D

I did that on my first 2 characters, before I knew what crafting did for your game. It turns out you "find" everything anyway, over time. The only thing I didn't get was some dragonbone stuff, but I think I would if I did it that way now, because I know how to stretch out the game better to get to the higher levels.

JoeReese

The closest thing I've done is using found armor, but I still upsmithed it. I can't even imagine how much I'd die if I just used everything stock. Yikes! Sounds like a good experiment though...gotta have nards of steel for that.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts