• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I'm sorry if this is lazy but can anyone tell me:

1.) How much will TESO cost monthly?

2.) actually... I think that may be all for now... OH! A realease date?

and in general, if I were to buy a Mac rather than a PC, would that limit my gaming horizon? I'm interested in more PC gaming but I need a mac for school

Soloquendi

Pastor of Muppets
1 & 2, are unknown at this time. Bethesda hasn't decided.

A Mac user would be the best person to answer the last one. Maybe ask in the tech/help section.

Gentleman Adventurer

A True Gentleman
I'm sorry if this is lazy but can anyone tell me:

1.) How much will TESO cost monthly?

2.) actually... I think that may be all for now... OH! A realease date?

and in general, if I were to buy a Mac rather than a PC, would that limit my gaming horizon? I'm interested in more PC gaming but I need a mac for school

If you were to buy a Mac, it would provide some limitations. Most games that are released on consoles and PC won't make it to Mac. if you're lucky, they get ported to Mac about two months later. Most computer games play on Mac, though.

jarif

1) it should be non montHLY, zenimax would know that it will piss of their fans and me cuz i wouldnt be able to pay it monthly since im a teenager
2) mid year of 2013 so mabye September??

Huntagalos

1) it should be non montHLY, zenimax would know that it will piss of their fans and me cuz i wouldnt be able to pay it monthly since im a teenager
2) mid year of 2013 so mabye September??
I agree... monthly subscriptions for games just don't work anymore

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
Zenimax is keeping a very tight grip on the information that gets released.

So those are unknown at this time.

I myself hope that no monthly fee will be required, but have a Store like Guild Wars 2 has.

A ton of really cool Vanity Items, or Items that could make Leveling yourself and your Crafting Skills easier.
I mean so much really cool items could be in the shop, like Weapon Skins, instead of showing whichever one-handed sword you're actually carrying, it could be Umbra from Oblivion, or Dawn/Dusk fang from the Shivering Isles.

They would make much more money if they did it this way.

jarif

Zenimax is keeping a very tight grip on the information that gets released.

So those are unknown at this time.

I myself hope that no monthly fee will be required, but have a Store like Guild Wars 2 has.

A ton of really cool Vanity Items, or Items that could make Leveling yourself and your Crafting Skills easier.
I mean so much really cool items could be in the shop, like Weapon Skins, instead of showing whichever one-handed sword you're actually carrying, it could be Umbra from Oblivion, or Dawn/Dusk fang from the Shivering Isles.

They would make much more money if they did it this way.
they can make money other then fees, like mods e.g like if they made armor mod and dlcs, if a mod is created by a user it would have to be approved by zenimx, and if they make a mod that is really endorsed then they can ask them to make a armor mod or something for them meaning they the user will get money out of it including a share for zenimax

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
they can make money other then fees, like mods e.g like if they made armor mod and dlcs, if a mod is created by a user it would have to be approved by zenimx, and if they make a mod that is really endorsed then they can ask them to make a armor mod or something for them meaning they the user will get money out of it including a share for zenimax
Here's where an issue with the Player-made Mods come in.

Have you seen some of the mods people make? It would take a team of Hundreds to not only select, but weed through all the incoming mods.
Although in pure speculation, it would be amazing to have Players make some Quest Mods.

jarif

Here's where an issue with the Player-made Mods come in.

Have you seen some of the mods people make? It would take a team of Hundreds to not only select, but weed through all the incoming mods.
Although in pure speculation, it would be amazing to have Players make some Quest Mods.
but it would be mainly armor mods, but i think a mod like eating and sleeping is possible since zenimax said ESO dosent support consoles but you can use 3rd party software

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
but it would be mainly armor mods, but i think a mod like eating and sleeping is possible since zenimax said ESO dosent support consoles but you can use 3rd party software
Yes, but an issue is also the really weird/disgusting mods out there.

I'm not talking about the Bloody Mods, or the Drunk Mods.

I'm talking about the Sexual weird mods, where people watch their Character do things only Hugh Hefner talks about.

I'm just scared at the possibilities that some modders will go to, to watch their Characters do the naughty.

jarif

Yes, but an issue is also the really weird/disgusting mods out there.

I'm not talking about the Bloody Mods, or the Drunk Mods.

I'm talking about the Sexual weird mods, where people watch their Character do things only Hugh Hefner talks about.

I'm just scared at the possibilities that some modders will go to, to watch their Characters do the naughty.
hmm ESO has a option of you want to play with like 12 years (pedos lol) but i think the main thing is that the mod would have to be approved by zenimax :/

Lansworthy

Lacklusterous
hmm ESO has a option of you want to play with like 12 years (pedos lol) but i think the main thing is that the mod would have to be approved by zenimax :/
Brings me back to my point, they'd need a team of a few hundred to weed through the mods to find good ones.

Since you can run Windows on Mac, there is no reason that you can't play Skyrim. If you want true native Windows, then use the free Bootcamp that comes with Macs. This uses the Intel chip to run Windows as it would on any other machine, but you must restart the machine and boot into Windows. The other option is to use a Windows emulator (VM or Parallels) that allow you to keep both systems running, ansd even drag data from one window to another, but may fail to deliver some aspects of a trrue native system. If there are Mac users out there playing Skyrim, maybe they could offer some specific advice about the two options.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts