• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
So, I really want to get into fully RPing my characters in Skyrim now. I noticed some of you (I'm looking at you orc) have backgrounds for your characters in your sigs. Do you guys just make them up? Right now I am working on a Female Kajiit Assassin named Hevno Kaaz (Brutal Kajiit in Dragon) and I was thinking about trying to more or less bring her to life in Skyrim, making a story and really getting into it, how does one go about doing that?

raven63

For me i give the characters a part of my personality it what makes them interesting to me

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
It's about rules and boundaries. A set of rules that you, the player must conform to that ultimately define your character's personality.

Kalin is a mage, not a soldier. So if I were to RP her, I would not join the fighter's guild (for example). She is a book-worm, and a student of magic. I would take care to learn every tome of magic I find, and to glance over the more interesting tomes I discover.

She's lawful, she's no thief. Stealing is wrong, Kalin will not do it.

Kalin is has a gentle heart. She will not take a life of another, save for in defense of herself or the good people of Skyrim. She will attempt to talk my way out of any situation first, when ever possible. She would pay the brigands their 100 gold tax to use the road.

If it comes to blows, she hates resorting to violence herself. Relying instead on her companions, or her enthralled elementals to dispatch her foes. In the most dire of circumstances, she will invoke devastating illusion and destruction magiks on an expert or greater level.

Kalin, in pursuit of her studies into the arcane, has allowed herself to become a vampire. She naively insists that "her condition" (as she calls it) will do nothing to alter her personality.

She has since been expelled from the college of Winterhold, she may not return.

She performs all of her research from Honeyside Manor in the Rift. As a result it is like a home to her. She still refuses to kill, even to feed. Which she does so reluctantly every three nights.

Her condition as a vampire, and her reluctance to kill, has put her in an tense relationship with the Vigil of Sendarr. The Vigilant patrol the roads of Skyrim, especially int he Rift. Kalin sees them as goodly folk who bless the cursed, heal the wounded and keep safe the road of thieves, beasts and vampires.. Vampires like her. She will take care to help the Vigil whenever she finds them under attack.

The Vigil, however, return her assistance by assailing her! She will now allow them to force her hand, instead she paralyses any aggressive vigilant. She will destroy their attackers, make sure the road is safe before receding into the night. The vigilant of Stendarr awaken some time later. Groggy, confused, with a headache, but alive to continue their good work.

So. The game is Kalin of High Rock. Here are The rules!

1) Feed often enough not to be exposed as a vampire (every three days). Preferably from your thrall friend.
2) Never, ever get caught feeding!
3) No stealing
4) No bullying the townsfolk
5) Protect the townsfolk! All of them. Even the ones you want to step on like the cockroaches that they are ( BELETHOOOOOR!!:mad: )
6) No brawling
7) Fight only when attacked
8) Kill only when you must
-8.5) You may not kill the Vigilant of Stendarr under any circumstances.
9) Polite dialog options when available
10) Talk your way out of combat when possible
11) Magic for everything! Swords are for brutish nords! Unless they're magic swords...No, even magic swords..Well..maybe. We'll talk.
12) Banished from the college of Winterhold.

MjolnirV

xDoctor Bob
Also you can look into the ES lore for ideas for a character. For example you could play an assassian who wants to bring the morag tong back to tamriel

Dr.Madness

Overlord of the Void
Ah, my RP character is a Necromancer.

Being a Mage he joined The College of Winterhold, but only to access their resources. He takes care to learn as many Conjuration spells as possible and let his thralls fight for him and will refer to Frost Magic when he has to.

Being a outcast for his work he feels free to do whatever he wants.

He will become aggresive if something doesn't go to plan. (E.g. A dragon attacks while he tries to do a quest)

He refuses to become a vampire or werewolf as being undead would be a paradox to him since he makes things undead and he sees werewolves as filthy beasts.

He lives in Rimerock Burrow.

He must return to whereever he is storing his thralls or they will respawn after 10 game days.

He will kill anything that stands in his way.

Pete

I always go with how did I end up in this cart going to Helgan. My elderly Brenton vampire was accused of witchcraft by a jealous business partner.

272Hero

I have an ex cage fighter orc, who only uses fists and has never held a weapon in his life. And yet has managed to punch his way though 47 dragons!

And did i mention? He is a raging alcoholic and most of his carry weight is filled with mead. Drinking atleast a bottle every 5 mins

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts