• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jake Johnson

I've only played Dawnguard before by joining the Dawnguard.

I am considering joining Hargon and becoming a vampire on this play-through.

If I join Lord Hargon and become a Vampire, if I finish that questline, I believe I become the leader of the vampires, but does the sun still exist to harm them during the day?

I believe I read somewhere that one of the goals of the Vampire quests is to end the "tyranny of the sun."

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
You get the ability to block the sun for a day at a time.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
Your asking for a lot of spoilers :)

- When you finish the questline, you will become the leader of the Volkihor Clan.
- 'The Tyranny of the Sun' is Harkon's goal. He wants to get a powerful artifact and mix it with a pure blood vampire (Serana or Valerica) and end the Sun.
- Your characters goal eventually is to kill Harkon before he harms Serana or Valerica in his quest to end the Sun.
- As you will have this powerful artifact, you can harness it and basically 'turn off' the Sun (and its negative affects on vampires) once per day.

I could go into more detail but I dont want to ruin it to much for you!

Jake Johnson

Thanks.

My new build is an Argonian vampiress:

She'll wear Light Armor, or even robes or Fine Clothes - she seeks outfits that make her look sexy (or at least as sexy an an Argonian can look.)

Sneak (the basis of this build)
Everything. However, she'll take Stealth (the first one on the tree) rank perks as they become available (becoming harder to detect is too good to pass up!)

One-Handed (she'll dual wield daggers) (Razor of Mehrunes Dagon once she becomes level 20 plus another dagger - probably an Elven one)
Armsman (all five) - to eventually do double damage from the Razor!
Dual Flurry (both) - to speed up Dual strikes
Dual Savagery - Dual wielding power attacks do 50% more damage

If we multiply the Stealth rank perks with the One-Handed rank perks:

The Razor of Mehrunes Dagon has a base damage of 11

The Stealth perks: Backstab - sneak attacks do six times damage
Assassin's Blade - sneak attacks with daggers do fifteen times normal damage

Already, if she strikes from shadows and is unseen, it hits for 990 damage!

Now, factor in the five Armsman perks and Dual Savagery:

All five Armsman perks effectively double the dagger combo's power.

Dual Savagery (I said the Razor would be paired with an Elven Dagger) causes dual wielding power attacks to do 50% more damage.

The aforementioned 990 damage from the Razor times two for the Armsman perks and then adding another 50% from Dual Savagery give the dagger combo:

An unholy 2,970 damage for striking from the shadows and being unseen!

Also, she'll understand Illusion spells and Speechcraft - the day will come when she gets caught...

Jake Johnson

BTW, Marie will live out of Honeyside - right there in Riften.

CaptMorgan72

I don't consider taking orders from other vampire lords being their leader. All of them are far older than you and don't treat you as their leader.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts