Question about "normal" vampire form in Dawnguard

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
On the Wiki it says...
"As with Lycanthropy, townspeople will attack a Vampire Lord on sight, however this will no longer happen if the Dragonborn is a regular vampire. Unlike werewolf transformations, the vampire form can be exited at will."

Does this mean that if you are in your regular/normal vampire form (non-vampire lord monster) say at stage 4, townspeople will no longer attack you on sight unless you are in your vampire lord monster form?

I'm getting the Legendary Edition in a few days for the holidays and I was wondering about that detail.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I am a newbie to the whole vampire thing, so far my vampire lord has not been attacked by regular people. She has had people comment on "The hungry look in your eyes", so I guess she wasn't quite at stage four yet. I'm not sure, but no, no-one has attacked my vampire lord.
I'm sure someone on here could give you a way better answer than mine though.. lol. :)

So can someone answer this?...
If you are a Stage 4 Vampire when you have Dawnguard installed, will people in holds/towns still attack you on sight? Or is that just with your Vampire Lord Monster form?

EDIT: Did some very brief research and found out that you CAN in fact be a Stage 4 Vampire and NOT be attacked on sight by holds/towns once Dawnguard is installed. You are only attacked on sight if you are in Vampire Lord monster form.

Gigapact

Lollygagging Milk Drinker (according to guards)
If you are a Stage 4 Vampire when you have Dawnguard installed, will people in holds/towns still attack you on sight? Or is that just with your Vampire Lord Monster form?

EDIT: Did some very brief research and found out that you CAN in fact be a Stage 4 Vampire and NOT be attacked on sight by holds/towns once Dawnguard is installed. You are only attacked on sight if you are in Vampire Lord monster form.

Yes, you are 100% correct. You no longer get attacked regardless of your stage. But the minute you transform into VL, you're done. For some reason, you can change in the Thieves Guild hideout (and similar situations) but not your house with your spouse, they will try to kill you. I don't think that's true love.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary

Yeah that's right, as a stage 4 you can walk anywhere unharmed, people will comment on your appearance but will not be hostile, as soon as you transform you will be hunted and gain a bounty if seen transforming.

Pete

There is an excellent vampire mod called Better Vampires by Brehanin. I use it. Doesn't break gameplay, doesn't overpower your character, you can be hated at stage 4, and you can take damage in sunlight if your on stage 2+ stages can be shorted, etc.. Makes the vampire a hoot to play.

CaptMorgan72

I have a vampire character that hasn't fed since he became a vampire. There really is no point in feeding, the penalties for not feeding can easily be countered with enchantments.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts