PC [Quest] Stuck at "Strike the Heart"

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bishop

Hi TES fans,
I am stuck at the above mentioned quest on the PC version.
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Striking_the_Heart

I found the leader and killed him, but the quest stage won't change from 10 to 20 (looked up the stage with player.sqs ce09). I resurrected the leader multiple times with the dev console and killed him manually and via console some times but no change.
I tried out SetStage CE09 20 and SetObjectiveCompleted CE09 20 1, but it won't change (checked with player.sqs CE09).
CompleteQuest CE09 works, but the quest giver Aela won't recognize the change and give me new quests.
ResetQuest CE09 changes the state of all quest stages to zero but I can't get the quest from Aela again nor can I change the quest stages with the console commands.
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Console_Commands_(Skyrim)#Quest_commands

I have the Steam version (newest game update, but VANILLA, so no DLCs) and I am using SKSE and he NMM with sbout 20 addons (including newest Unofficial Skyrim Update). Turning off all addons and loading the savegame leads to a CTD.
6Sjd7lm.png

M9fPSBp.png

Anyone an idea to solve that problem? Perhaps changing the quest stage of the NPC Aela could be a solution, but I couldn't find any commands to play around with that.

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
Often you can't load a saved game that required modded content if you remove the mod.

Using all those console commands will break your game so I hope you didn't save afterwards.

Try reloading a prior save from before getting the quest and getting a different location for the quest.

bishop

Thanks very much Dagmar!
I went back some savegames where I could target the goal with 'm' in the journal and it was shown as direction marker on the minimap too. Gave it a try, the target npc had a marker on his head, too (he hadn't before), and it worked. <3 I lost 2 levels, but 27-29 isn't that much :p

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts