PS3 PS3 Patch 1.04 (94 MB)

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Thomas Liu

tyl089
After installing patch, manual save, and restarting, I found my 18mb save file went down to 15mb. Lag def. have improved to the point where I can finally just run around all the cities without worrying about being stuck in a slide show.

But, still having issues with not being able to enter Geirmund Hall, or some of the other caves.

Blood on the ice quest (Killer of Windhelm) still doesn't work, and I still can't get rid of the musical instruments or some of the other quest items that were picked up.

Alot of the misc. quest lines though complete are still not removed from quest log.

Think there may still be issues with the Civil War quest, but I haven't advanced enough yet.

I think I'm going to just finish the main quest line, and erase and reboot everything again.

Darrin88

The assistant will not let me buy the house. He says something happened there and it will be ready soon. I have the prompt to buy but no luck. I have tried numerous times.
You have to do the "blood on the ice" quest you can start it by going to the gravyard in windhelm late at night i thinks its like 2 am not sure though

Darrin88

Also theres a way to cheat the "blood in the ice" quest or atleast this happened to me i had picked the lock on the house you buy before i had bought it and then it moved me from the start of the quest to the point where you have to follow up the clues but all you have to do is grab one of the butchers notes and both his journals and then you can go talk to a girl thats usually wondering around in the grey quarter and it will continue on from her

Red-_-Monkey

Definitely impressed with the patch. I restarted one more time to optimize the effects of the Memory Reduction etc etc.

Me Happy

I had a pumped up Lv 50/60 guy. It was getting laggy as I expected and I even had to get a 10,000 bounty for each hold for the trophy which is a nightmare for LAGGY-End-Game scenarios.
Massiva LAG, (waited for patch).
Patch released (DL'd and Installed)
Trapped 10 Windhelm Guards in the barracks. FUS-RO-DAH'd them all into a corner to create a heap of bodies. 0 cost destruction allowed me to blast chain lightning like machine guns forever and evaaaa! Die!
No lag. Awesome. Thanks Bethesdaaaa!

LAG is my only concern for now. Destroys everything.

theminstrels

Overseer of the chupacabra tea party
I would also suggest not going downstairs in Jorvaskr. I started a new game over the weekend after the patch. Once I was done with the Companions story line and went to go check out my new room and couldn't leave.

Grohiik

the wolf
I need some opinions cause I'm a liitle hesitant to install this patch I keep hearing different results, but here's my situation I first installed patch 1.2 had it for about a day then deleted it so i made another character every was a little better my lag wasn't as bad ,but was still bad in certain cities mostly falkreath everything was until i went into a dungeon everything from the ground to my character turned bright blue so finally i got sick of it and made a new character some how i fixed it by loading older saves but i get perma freeze but i need to know will this patch get rid of these problems the lag,annoying blue , white, and gray graphic glicthes and finally the perma freeze should i download and install 1.4? please respond thanks

Ordo

Professional Hammer-er
Does the Oghma Infinium glitch still work with the new patch?

Kablewee

Well installed the new patch today and played for few hour and no big lag but the graphic looks weird. I don't know if it's because I haven't played it for few weeks or not but after the patch it seems different ,example: when in 3rd person view it seems like it shrunkened the view, anyone else? Maybe it's just me and the fact I haven't played it in a while lol .

Blood on the ice in Windhelm won't start for me, anyone else?

Ordo

Professional Hammer-er
Well installed the new patch today and played for few hour and no big lag but the graphic looks weird. I don't know if it's because I haven't played it for few weeks or not but after the patch it seems different ,example: when in 3rd person view it seems like it shrunkened the view, anyone else? Maybe it's just me and the fact I haven't played it in a while lol .

Blood on the ice in Windhelm won't start for me, anyone else?

I know what you mean with the shrunken third-person, but it shrunk beforehand for me. On my first save, is shrunk after I turned into a werewolf the first time. On my second, it randomly shrunk after I had gone to first-person for battle. As for Blood on the Ice, it started fine for me before the patch, but the body still hasn't showed up in front of Candlehearth(?) Hall and Wuunferth is still in jail, so I guess I'll never get to catch Calixto.

Rotceh

Kablewee

I know what you mean with the shrunken third-person, but it shrunk beforehand for me. On my first save, is shrunk after I turned into a werewolf the first time. On my second, it randomly shrunk after I had gone to first-person for battle. As for Blood on the Ice, it started fine for me before the patch, but the body still hasn't showed up in front of Candlehearth(?) Hall and Wuunferth is still in jail, so I guess I'll never get to catch Calixto.
Whew ,thought the shrunken thing was just in my mind, thought I was crazy lol

Ordo

Professional Hammer-er
I did at first too, but once I started my second save, I realized that it really had shrunk.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
The patch fixed Blood on the Ice for one of my files, but created a different problem on another file. Ash/ghostly remains piles still aren't cleaning up properly either. I've also had more issues with game crashes, but the lag is gone for the most part.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
Am I the only one who didn't have a problem with Blood on Ice?
Probably. In four separate files I've had four different problems haha.

Niflheimr

What's everybody's problem with the quest? It worked for me the first time, the only bug is that the strange amulet is stuck in my inventory and can't get rid of it.

samgurl775

Cerberus Officer
What's everybody's problem with the quest? It worked for me the first time, the only bug is that the strange amulet is stuck in my inventory and can't get rid of it.
I can't remember the first problem, but the other three I've had:
1. The blood and skeleton inside Hjerim wouldn't clean up, and the quest never progressed.
2. The crime scene cleaned up, but when I was told to wait in the Stone Quarter for the killer the quest would say I already did so, and Calixto would run into my house. I couldn't kill him, and every time I entered my own house he would attack me.
3. I couldn't examine the crime scene properly (the one after Susanna the Wicked is killed) and the quest never progressed, even after some other woman was killed.

theminstrels

Overseer of the chupacabra tea party
That is the only problem I had with it as well

skyfire322

The new patch definitely helped, especially with lag and freezing. Load times are even a little faster. I was able to start and complete the 'Blood On Ice' quest, but I couldn't get into Calixto's shop. I tried many times but it was still locked... I ended up picking the lock, and he just kept telling me to get out.

Other than that, no problems so far! :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts