Proper Werewolf Role Playing

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Pete

Dawngaurd has corrected the deficiencies of the werewolf as far as I'm concerned. I've disabled my werewolf mod since it is no longer needed.

Cake

Adventurer
Interesting. I wonder if you can roleplay as a werewolf when you're a khajiit? A cat that turns into a dog.. :confused:

Clau

The Fateless One
I have been RP'ing with my werewolf gal and my tale is centered at the level of rationality upon transformation into beast form.

Initially, my gal had no control of her transformation and when she does transform, the bloodlust of the beast form takes over and she attacks everything in sight. Done with the cursed ring of Hircine.

Second part of the story involves my character going on a journey to tame that feral state and trying to subvert that bloodlust. No random transformation, but anytime when the moon is out, my character transforms and is still out for blood. She holds back against familiar faces, but not hold guards.

Third part is the absolute mastery of the beast spirit wherein my character has control of her transformations and maintains rationality of discerning foe and familiar faces.

It has been fun so far. Nothing like howling at the moon at the top of a slope when the moon is out. <3

Pete

Some updates to play style since my original post. Rather than madness (fighting the form mentally), I've adopted ACCEPTANCE. Here's how it plays out.

Acceptance - occurs after best form has been available for some time.
  • The hunt sometimes becomes its own repeating mini-quest.
  • Cravings. Progresses as wolf levels up. After a day or so without transformation, mouth waters and hunger sets in.
  • Raw meat sates cravings and reduces desire to transform.
  • Never eat cooked food, one is fed by beast. Ales. meed and wine are fine.
  • Tend towards short periods of daytime sleep and regular periods of no sleep for 24 hrs.
  • Ring of Hercine, if acquired: stick to only 1 transformation per day. It becomes only ring used and don't complete the quest. Always re-equip.
  • No longer try to be good natured. Rather, self interest of protecting pray from other sources of harm.
  • Vampires are especially hated, as they can't be fed on and steal pray.
  • Always take jail time when caught, never pay fines. Deny everything of course :)
  • Eschew fancy armors and weapons. When not in armor I wear rags and a dagger.
A fun variant has been to abandon weapons and armor much of non-quest inventory before transformation, use what you 'find' This can be really rewarding, as little things become precious. Stash precious items in drawers (safe containers).

Acceptance causes me to look for situations where I can clean out a locale. A hunters cabin, bandit cave or soldier camp are common targets. Another activity is to run down roads at night and attack what appears. One can travel great distances.

Dawnguard Notes

Dawnguard enables beast form for long periods of time. With this DLC, I'm a vampire hunter. However, it's rather painful as I'm unable to feed on vampires. With acceptance, this is causing me to eye the other vampire hunters as pray. I'll see how that turns out as I haven't finished the quest line. But when they are non-essential...

Dawnguard also causes me to have a follower on a regular basis, as I progress, I often shred my follower as my first act after transformation if no other pray is present. She doesn't die since she's essential, but who knows what will happen.

mokz

Ok, i'm gonna necro this thread for werewolf lovers just in case some don't know about this although its quite an old mod that makes roleplay easier but its not mentioned here. (or its just me beeing stupid for not reading all the posts)
Tales of Lycanthropy - Werewolf Overhaul at Skyrim Nexus - Skyrim mods and community -Tales of Lycanthropy
What really matters from this mod is actually the ability to infest yourself with lycanthtopy without making companions quest line (u also get all 3 totems) and the forced transformations: u can configure it to transform every night, or only full moons, or random chances + full moon, or disable it but that wouldn't fit in roleplay would it? The forced transformations lasts from 8 pm till 5 am, plenty of time to hunt :D

brovahkin!

I roleplay a redguard werewolf. I change every night but if I drink a cure disease potion as it doesn't cure me it delays transformations until the next night!

Torok

What about falling in love with an average looking bird who also loves a vampire but is happy to keep you dangling on a hook because she's a selfish bitch who wants everything?

Took me a while to get the Twilight reference. LOL.

I had an idea to play as a snooty noble woman (Most likely High Elf) that only carries a blade around to intimidate (She can't actually fight). She's plagued by Lycanthropy and transforms whenever night falls or she's in danger. She hates what she's become and wants help learning how to really fight, as to help minimize her transformations out of fear. She joins the Companions and trains with them. She learns to rely more on her blade than her teeth and claws as a weapon. But, in time, she also learns to embrace the fact that she's a werewolf, remembering that it has saved her life countless times, but she still fears the bloodthirsty beast within.

Black Ice

Like A Red Nose
Why not roleplay the werewolf as a entirely separate entity living in you that's trying to slowly devour your sanity and in the end you as means to take over your body permantly and stay a werewolf. That's what I do with Runic. Pretty interesting stuff.

Khaotic3

Insanity at its Finest
Here's what I do with my character when role playing:

She has pretty good control over her transformations, she's had the disease for a few years. She acquired the disease through the Companions.
She completed The Ring of Hircine quest, so this gives her a bit of control over her mind when she is transformed, so she can tell herself which creatures are okay to kill (usually. If she does somehow lose control, or if the ring is taken from her, then there is no way she can tell herself how to behave while she is an animal).
She refers to younger people as whelps, just as the rest of the Companions did.

However, the Ring has made her beast form a bit more savage, and made her willing to feed on less desirable corpses, such as vampires (although she thinks they are repulsive). It heals her very little, if at all, and she feels sick afterward.
Since she has a bit of control of her beast form, her thoughts in human form are a bit animistic. To her, everything is a Hunt. The Hunting never stops. And every once in a while, Hircine will speak to her. She has no choice but to obey his commands.
She can't sleep, and when she does, she has nightmares. Sometimes she transforms in her sleep.
She does crave hunting in her beast form, and doesn't usually fight it.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts