Problems when becoming a Vampire Lord

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

rowynyew

No, not really.

My laptop is pl***, it really is. I can't play the game without it lagging to extreme lengths. I do play the game on the Xbox 360, but I use the PC version to mod my save. I am updated to 1.7.7, have the Creation Kit, have Dawnguard, and have my own version of Hearthfire (allows modding, but I had to swap the meshes and textures with something compatible with the PC, so the houses from HF look very strange) that I continue to update for people on a modding site. Basically, Skyrim on the PC IS my Creation Kit. I would not pay $40 just for a modding tool, and I paid $60 for the game already.

So, I don't have any issues like that, could be just a bug in your game. I would say to make a new character without any mods, and use the console to go through the correct quests.

I think you should have quoted the person that started this thread maybe?? I didn't have a problem with any quest so far because I have not made it far enough to need melee mode in the vl quest line. The downloaded version I was using had many problems. Some of them I was able to fix by deleting meshes and so forth but others (specifically, getting my vampire lord into melee mode) was just not happening no matter what i tried. I did make a new save with no mods and tried every other piece of advice I could find. Nothing worked. Finally I broke down and bought the game, which I planned on doing anyway. I transfered my save codes from the downloaded game to the steam version I paid for and bam my vampire lord went into melee mode with no problem. So, yes I think there is something in the files that changes if you have a version that you paid for.

In your case I completely understand that you are not going to buy the pc version when you already own the 360 version, but maybe that is why you don't have problems on the pc because your files come from the 360 version that you bought?

Anyway, I have no trouble now and that is all that matters. Thanks for being a modder! I love mods; they truly enhance gameplay. I am trying to learn how to mod myself but don't have the time to put into it to make anything really great right now.

BringHorizan26

No, not really.

My laptop is pl***, it really is. I can't play the game without it lagging to extreme lengths. I do play the game on the Xbox 360, but I use the PC version to mod my save. I am updated to 1.7.7, have the Creation Kit, have Dawnguard, and have my own version of Hearthfire (allows modding, but I had to swap the meshes and textures with something compatible with the PC, so the houses from HF look very strange) that I continue to update for people on a modding site. Basically, Skyrim on the PC IS my Creation Kit. I would not pay $40 just for a modding tool, and I paid $60 for the game already.

So, I don't have any issues like that, could be just a bug in your game. I would say to make a new character without any mods, and use the console to go through the correct quests.

I think you should have quoted the person that started this thread maybe?? I didn't have a problem with any quest so far because I have not made it far enough to need melee mode in the vl quest line. The downloaded version I was using had many problems. Some of them I was able to fix by deleting meshes and so forth but others (specifically, getting my vampire lord into melee mode) was just not happening no matter what i tried. I did make a new save with no mods and tried every other piece of advice I could find. Nothing worked. Finally I broke down and bought the game, which I planned on doing anyway. I transfered my save codes from the downloaded game to the steam version I paid for and bam my vampire lord went into melee mode with no problem. So, yes I think there is something in the files that changes if you have a version that you paid for.

In your case I completely understand that you are not going to buy the pc version when you already own the 360 version, but maybe that is why you don't have problems on the pc because your files come from the 360 version that you bought?

Anyway, I have no trouble now and that is all that matters. Thanks for being a modder! I love mods; they truly enhance gameplay. I am trying to learn how to mod myself but don't have the time to put into it to make anything really great right now.
I have brought the game on steam and vampire lord still doesn't work and this problem has just happened to me as I've been playing normal for years then all a sudden this bug happened

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts