• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Kiji

I'm looking to build a priest class, mainly for RP reasons. I'm not really sure where to go with this. I was primarily going to focus on Restoration, Alteration, and Enchanting. I really don't see a Priest wearing light or heavy armor, so I was planning on sticking to robes.

I'm really not sure what divine would be a good choice. I'm kind of leaning on either Mara or Arkay. I think Arkay fits very well with the offensive route of the Restoration school. However, I think Mara fits better with the defensive route.

I really wasn't planning on being an offensive priest, unless it's undead, but more of an defensive priest. I was going to depend a lot on a follower to basically tank for me while I keep them up with healing. I'm not particularly sure about this part here. I don't see a priest of Arkay or Mara really beating people up with a sword or hurling fireballs at people, but i'm not necessarily sure how being just the defensive priest will hold up gameplay wise. I was maybe thinking about delving a little into the destruction or one handed school just in case I really needed some defense.

I was planning on doing the main questline, College of Winterhold, Dragonborn questline, Dawnguard faction, and possibly the Companions. Obviously the Theives Guild and Dark bortherhood are out of the question, I will however being doing the Destroy the Dark Brotherhood quest.

Also, does anyoneknow any good attire that would fit a Priest of Arkay or Mara?

Basically here is what I got:
  • Nord or Breton Female
  • Using primarily Alteration, Restoration, and Enchanting. (With a possibility of a little Destruction or One Handed.)
  • No light armor or heavy armor, just robes
  • Priest of Arkay or Mara
  • Mainly just a defensive priest who relies on a follower to tank
Oh, I also play on the xbox for those that need to to know.

Gearuvagen

I know, You know
hmm, Might I suggest Illusion? My priest benefits greatly from it and In my opinion a holy man/woman should have the power to Calm, Rally or even strike Fear in the hearts of mortals ;)
As for looks, My Priest wore Novice gear (kind of had a vigilant look) until I found some Hooded Monk Robes. He also donned various amulets of the Divines and did every quest in which to receive a permanent effect (Agent of Dibella/ Mara etc..).
As and added little bit. You could become the Secret Champion of Meridia, as she's borderline Aedra in my book, Plus Dawnbreaker is as holly a weapon that you're gonna find.

ambiiientz

My 2 cents... I'd go w/ Breton Female = 25% Magic Resistance... Take the Lord Stone for another 25% + Resistance to normal weapons.

The Lord Stone is excellent if you plan on wearing just clothes/robes.

I play a Breton Female/Lord Stone... She mostly wears clothes w/ Armor Gauntlets & Boots for some extra protection.

Usulama

I think being a priest of Kynareth would be cooler, because you get to hang out in whiterun (Where you become a thane by default), you can wear an amulet of Kynareth and just have normal clothes. Level up in restoration and heal the people wounded by war.

Also, if you're really into roleplaying, become a student of the college in Winterhold for a while before going full priest.

DJ Luigi

Mama-mia play that song again!
A priest is a great idea for roleplaying, back in the day Priests would use censers to burn incense that promoted healing and general well-being. Perhaps the priest could use a mace that resembles a censer and give it a health sapping enchant?

For race might I recommend Imperial because of their racial to calm everyone down. That seems like something an upstanding member of the Church would be able to do and would come in handy as a party healer ^^

Alteration is a great tree to go down if you're looking for a defensive build, if you want to aim for a more support/healing build you could definitely go down Illusion. Pacify and Rally spells would really fit into the priests repertoire of crowd control!

Hope this helps!

DJ

AS88

Staff member
Probably too late now, but going for a Vigilant of Stendarr build would be good fun. Considering the order was supposedly wiped out by the vampires in the Dawnguard DLC, you could've been out on a job before coming back to see the place in ruins (there are still some roaming the wilds). After a few levels, you hear about the Dawnguard, and although you don't particularly like Isran or his methods, you know that you must aid the fight and avenge your comrades. You will meet a couple of the other Vigilants through the questline, and you can take a member of the Dawnguard with you on a lot of quests, who you would be able to heal and cast courage, etc on.

They wore robes with heavy boots and gauntlets, and the heavy Dawnguard gear looks good with the robes if you decide against Steel Plate, which is the usual choice. You could focus on calming and rallying magic from illusion, cleansing fire spells from destruction, the anti-undead and healing spells from restoration (which are excellent with Dawnguard), and some alteration to buff up your armour rating. Instead of a mace, the Dawnguard Rune Axe would probably be a good weapon, especially with the enchantment it carries, and a crossbow could serve as a valuable weapon, maybe in place of some destruction.

Here's the build I'd use.. In fact, I'm going to use it myself :p

http://skyrimcalculator.com/287305

MagicBlade

Instinctive
Maybe too late but hey, I'll pitch in now.

If your on PC use the UFO ( Ultimate Follower Overhaul ) to get a max of 15 ( I think ) followers. It's great because in large group battles, you can just ran around using healing hands and such. It's great fun and very interesting to play.

Although for the offensive type, realistically monks used their fist, and they practised martial arts and restoration magic, so that's my advice to you... If it helps in anyway

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
Although for the offensive type, realistically monks used their fist, and they practised martial arts and restoration magic, so that's my advice to you... If it helps in anyway
For monks you can use Fists of God mod

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts