Premium membership indicator

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
So... It's nice to have a big star next to my ID but it bugs me that it cuts my ID like:
★hexperime
nt

I think we don't need the star since colored and highlighted ID is good enough to indicate premium membership. Just my thought here :]

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
I do think the star is a selling point for some of the folks who purchased the upgrade. I also know Renegader had widened the bit with the name and avatar once before. I wonder if he can just slightly reduce the font size of the author. I don't have access to those settings but I imagine Xenforo has them.

I know the letter limit on user names is pretty large too so there will have to be some sort of cut off.

Renegader

Administrator
Staff member
It's not my fault yours is so long and and everyone elses like Jeff's is so short!

I'll try to make more space for your name.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
oh, you don't have to do that. I just think we could conserve more space by omitting the star since highlighted name does the job. If people like having the star, then I can just live with it :]

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
He adjusted the space where the avatar and the name appear on the top left of each post so that people's names weren't getting split into two lines. Still won't help people with the really long names but hex and Finalchrono are at least all on one line now.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Ahh, it's one line on my screen. Surprisingly too since I'm on my little MacBook. What size is your browser window?

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Well, for the size of your whole screen, you can check what screen resolution you're running. Should be in Display properties if you're running Windows. I don't know of a straightforward easy way to tell individual window sizes in anything but Unix-based OS's, though. I just make educated guesses based on the percentage the window takes up compared to my total display resolution.

Teritus

Giving it to you straight since 1869
Ah! Well, under resolution it says 1366 by 768 which is apparently the recommended amount, and it's also the highest.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
That's odd. I'm at 1280 across and my browser is about 90% of the width and it doesn't split hex's name. What browser are you using?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts