Pre-release mod talk

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
The game isn't even out yet but we should discuss some mod idea :]
I will probably play the game vanilla first (obviously, there won't be any choice for the first few weeks of release!) but I am already looking forward to potential mods to improve the game.

One of my first priority would be something similar to DarNified UI. As much as I enjoyed Oblivion, I can't really get through the menu scheme without that mod. The UI I've seen so far in Skyrim looks all nice but it looks difficult to actually compare gears.

So, any predictions on mods?

MellowGuy

My prediction and hope is the always requested real-estate system also known as Player Homes. Skyrim looks very nice for this type of thing. But if I were to predict the most likely mod to appear, it will probably have to do with armor and weapons enchancements. I personally don't mind a dual-wield lightsaber to show up LOL.

Domo

Im also going to play it vanilla first. But i think i will play through it a couple of time before i start to put in mods. Hopefully there will be some awesome mods comming out :D

Jeruhmi

I'll play it through once or twice before considering it with mods. I hope there is a mod which is like Fable-ish.

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
I will definitely play vanilla first, that's a personal rule of mine. xD I find if I start modding before I've finished a playthrough.. everything is spoiled lol. Then you can play legit again, but it just ain't the same as your first time. xD

As for mods I'd like.. well, maybe one that adds werewolves which come out during full moons (it might have to add moon phases as well, or maybe just make it every night). The ability to become infected by a werewolf like vampires, and become a werewolf lol.

I'd also like to see that real estate thing, and also something that lets you bash open locks and not rely on lockpicking.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Really looking forward to the mods really. I mean, I'm pretty sure vanilla is nice but TES games really shines with its modding community. They did say something about new creation kit that will allow the players to mod the games with great ease. Hopefully, we'll see some amazing mods. If you look at oblivion mods and how people completely change the game, just imagine the possibilities :0

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
We might even be able to make mods ourselves if it's that easy. I've never done it before, but I'll probably give it a go tbh.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Yeah, I'm looking forward to trying out the whole creation kit myself. I know a bit of programming and I think I can have fun learning how to animate and model. First thing I would try would be making spears and crossbow in the game.. haha

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
Ooh, that would be very cool. I know in Oblivion there's a mod I have which includes spears, they are pretty awesome! But no crossbows.. that would certainly add another edge to the game. Something much more powerful than a bow, but requires a lot of strength and takes time to reload. Sounds like something I'd use for sneak attacks.

I think the first things I'd try to make would be new spells that do cool, but not over powered, things. xD

Jeruhmi

Animating and model may not sound that hard, but believe me, it is a lot of work! I've tried several modelling programs and always become frustrated as there's way too much to them. Or maybe it's just me.

N3w_2_$kyr1min

Can't wait for Skyrim
I usually become scared by all the different options and features and buttons and terms that I've never heard before and stuff like that on those kinda programs. But if you watch some tutorials and fluff around for a bit you eventually get a decent grasp of it all. :D

Stonkey

Someone will probably start to try to mod Morrowind and Oblivion in the new game, but it will probably die before it is born. Crazy spells are generally pretty fun mods.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
Someone will probably start to try to mod Morrowind and Oblivion in the new game, but it will probably die before it is born. Crazy spells are generally pretty fun mods.
Yeah. There's a lot of crazy oblivion spell mods out there. Seeing how there are many crazy effects in Skyrim already with spells and dragon shouts, I can't imagine anything more crazy. But someone will, and there will be a mod of it. It's always nice to have a larger set of magic spells for each school

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I don’t know how extensive the tools for the modders will be but additional finishers and more gore would always be something that I’d welcome.

Jeruhmi

Maybe a mod where you can have a pet following you, a wolf, or something like that. That's if it is not already a feature.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I believe you can have an animal companion. I guess like dogmeat from fallout. I think that sounds pretty awesome. If not, you can always use command creature spells in illusion.

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
I think we can confirm animal companions:
the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-xbox-360-1313759528-063-300x150.jpg

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts