• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Saozig

Hippy
Ok, these glitchy mannequins are getting on my nerves. Seriously, Bethesda, it's not like we haven't had problems with mannequins before--fix this crap already!

Latest thing:

I come home and 3 of the four mannequins in the bedroom have gone all poltergeist on me. They're standing in the center of that little space, looking accusingly at me, and have de-equipped what was on them, including the one that re-generates cultist robes. The stuff is still in their inventory so I just go about my business.

Come back later: everything is back as it was EXCEPT the enchanted ebony bow I placed on one of the weapon racks is gone. Not on the floor. Not anywhere to be found. Just gone. This was my second-string bow that I enchanted myself and use when my Ebony Bow of Thunderbolts isn't the best bow of choice. I play for another 90 minutes before I have to leave for work, and my bow still hadn't re-appeared :mad: Grrrr.

Was it the one with the skooma info? Cos that one is broken for me, too.

I'm sorry, did someone say they were having trouble getting Bloodscythe to stay on a weapon rack? Cos I can't get it to work at all.

No found out that it was due to a black book that i left, but while in the book the effect was to lose health. So i went into the book again and exited and it went away! So stoked as besides that i am glitch free.

Grim 0

Ok, these glitchy mannequins are getting on my nerves. Seriously, Bethesda, it's not like we haven't had problems with mannequins before--fix this crap already!

Latest thing:

I come home and 3 of the four mannequins in the bedroom have gone all poltergeist on me. They're standing in the center of that little space, looking accusingly at me, and have de-equipped what was on them, including the one that re-generates cultist robes. The stuff is still in their inventory so I just go about my business.

Come back later: everything is back as it was EXCEPT the enchanted ebony bow I placed on one of the weapon racks is gone. Not on the floor. Not anywhere to be found. Just gone. This was my second-string bow that I enchanted myself and use when my Ebony Bow of Thunderbolts isn't the best bow of choice. I play for another 90 minutes before I have to leave for work, and my bow still hadn't re-appeared :mad: Grrrr.
I don't know what causes the mannequins to dupe post-patch, if i did, I'd take advantage of it.
But I know how to get it to stop. Here are the steps:

1. First remove all items from the duping mannequins, leave your house and come back.
This is so you know what items are duplicating.
2. Place a second item of each piece of duped apparel on the mannequins that are duping them.
Leave house and return. Make sure you get a rendered model on your loading screen every time you leave. I guess you could reload the auto-save of leaving the house if you don't get one, but I haven't had that happen
3. Remove one copy of each duped item and then replace them without leaving the menu. Make sure you have no more then 5 of said items in your inventory when replacing them, apparently if it asks you how many you want to add (when you have 6 or more) it breaks the fix. After you add the item back, without leaving the menu, add any weapon to the mannequin and it will be automatically returned to you. This ensures that the mannequin loads all pieces of apparel before you leave the menu, due to how the patch makes the mannequins load items. Leave house and return.
4. Now remove all items from the mannequins. Leave and return.
Your mannequins should now be happily naked.

I'm not sure, but what I do to prevent unwanted mannequin dupes, is I add the items I want it to wear, then add a weapon so everything loads properly, then exit the menu. Although as I said, I don't know the exact cause. Sometimes my mannequin dupes the last thing I added to it. Sometimes it dupes everything.

As far as your weapon disappearing from the rack. It's a glitch that's always bound to happen. I suggest you keep backup saves from when you're done organizing things in your house. Save there and move on to new saves after. It'd be annoying to have to go back after a trip of adventuring because you lost a precious item, but it's worse to have no save to go back to if it was a unique item you lost.

Hope all this helps.

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
Ok, finally got one. My game seems to love making getting out of the last 'chapter realm' of some of the black books impossible. I have to read other black books to get out since the portal through the book in the one I'm in just doesn't cooperate.

I feel like what I just said didn't make a lot of sense, but hopefully you get it.

Saozig

Hippy
These bleeping mannequins...they're just bleeping with me now:

standalone

I would not be surprised if tomorrow they're square-dancing...

Pharaun159

standalone

I'm sorry dude, but that is just too funny!

Merqury

Not only do my mannequins dupe, but the cabinets beneath them do. I think I have several sets of everything they've worn stuffed in them cos most of them are things I have no use for but look pretty on display, like the 'emperor's' robes and various sets from people I killed because I'm that sort of person. I also have at least one contract on my life and some other interesting journals/documents in display cases in my bedroom. :3

Grim 0

The mannequins are bound to appear displaced every now and then, just save and reload and all will be fine.

P.S. Did you read my method to get them to stop duping? If so, did it help?

Ok, finally got one. My game seems to love making getting out of the last 'chapter realm' of some of the black books impossible. I have to read other black books to get out since the portal through the book in the one I'm in just doesn't cooperate.

I feel like what I just said didn't make a lot of sense, but hopefully you get it.
I think I understand what you mean. You're saying that the "Waking Dreams" Necronomincon won't work. I'm having the same problem. I want to get back and reset some perks, but it just won't f-ing work. I deleted my system cache... nothing. Please, somebody figure out a fix or for God's sake Bethesda, patch it already.

Pharaun159

I'm not sure why everyone is having such problems with the books. I've played through dragonborn with several characters, and the books are fine. On the 360 anyway. What are your character builds (races in particular) that are having issues. I've been using dunmer and altmer.

KattSand

Premium Member

standalone

This happend to me as well, it freaked me out! One mannequin was hanging from the ceiling, above my bed. Another was standing in front of the display cases..I took one look, turned around, left the house and fast travelled back to skyrim :D About your ebony bow, it's pretty obvious who's stolen it, looking at you creepy possessed mannequins.

Grim 0

I'm not sure why everyone is having such problems with the books. I've played through dragonborn with several characters, and the books are fine. On the 360 anyway. What are your character builds (races in particular) that are having issues. I've been using dunmer and altmer.
Dragonborn is only on the 360. Bethesda has an agreement with Microsoft to release DLC exclusively for the 360 a month in advance before PC gets it. PS3 if they can finally get it to work.

As far as what Races we're using. I'm using a male nord/werewolf. If that helps.

Saozig

Hippy
This happend to me as well, it freaked me out! One mannequin was hanging from the ceiling, above my bed. Another was standing in front of the display cases..I took one look, turned around, left the house and fast travelled back to skyrim :D About your ebony bow, it's pretty obvious who's stolen it, looking at you creepy possessed mannequins.

They've been curiously well-behaved since that although who knows what they're up now, given my Dark Elf's recently gone back Skyrim for now, as she's done about 3/4-4/5 of quests available in Solstheim and needs a break from the place (and is going to help Talvas get out from under Neloth's heel by offering him a job at Lakeview Manor. ;)) So the manor is theirs for now. I fully expect they're running around, jumping on the beds, making a mess in the alchemy lab and eating all the ash yams.

Saozig

Hippy
I've yet to furnish the house on Solstheim. Just too damn lazy to move again. :p
Huh? It comes furnished.Everything the Severin family had there is now yours. Which is why I was annoyed because after I killed the Severins, I looted the place for soul gems and alchemy ingredients, only to find out had I waited until I reported back, I would have "inherited" it all when I got the house.

This is part of the problem with it--it was originally a NPC house, and it kind of stays that way, hence why you get a Rested bonus for sleeping there and not a Well Rested bonus, and why you can't move your family there.

Merqury

Huh? It comes furnished.Everything the Severin family had there is now yours. Which is why I was annoyed because after I killed the Severins, I looted the place for soul gems and alchemy ingredients, only to find out had I waited until I reported back, I would have "inherited" it all when I got the house.

This is part of the problem with it--it was originally a NPC house, and it kind of stays that way, hence why you get a Rested bonus for sleeping there and not a Well Rested bonus, and why you can't move your family there.
I mean with my stuff, my armor and goodies and housecarl, wife and kid. They all still live with all the rest of my stuff in the Pale. I spent so much time (and still do) getting everything just right (except for having the housecarl take care of a lot of the furnishings...if I'd known they were going to put up so many animal heads, I may have decided against that) that I can't be bothered to move to another house. And, since you apparently can't to that house, I see little point in calling it home.

Pharaun159

I mean with my stuff, my armor and goodies and housecarl, wife and kid. They all still live with all the rest of my stuff in the Pale. I spent so much time (and still do) getting everything just right (except for having the housecarl take care of a lot of the furnishings...if I'd known they were going to put up so many animal heads, I may have decided against that) that I can't be bothered to move to another house. And, since you apparently can't to that house, I see little point in calling it home.

Cant move your family to solstiem for some reason.

Grim 0

I've yet to furnish the house on Solstheim. Just too damn lazy to move again. :p
Why would you want to? Severin Manor has nothing on Hearthfire. The house is poorly lit, too.
I see the house as a place to merely store my stuff temporarily before my trips back to Skyrim.

Lizzifer

Watch out for hop-ons.
Just ran into a pretty significant one: was in a cave having to do with one of the Black Books (those things are proving to be the glitchiest things in my game) and what do you know, everything disappeared, so I was stuck in this loop of falling into literal nothingness and landing back in the place I started. Bad news is I couldn't take an alternate route of of the cave because I just can't jump high enough to the place it dumped me out of.

So, as far as I can tell, my game is entirely stuck. Reading other Black Books just lands me back in the exact same spot.

9th time's a charm.

myowneviltwin8

I have been playing skyrim - dragonborn for the past couple of days. Everything was fine until I read one of the black books and died. now my health is constantly depleting even though I am not doing anything. tried using cure disease and cure poison but nothing is showing on my active effects. I only get 30 seconds to move around before I am dead again. tried reloading older saves but still the same thing. without going back and doing the whole thing again I am not sure what to do. Any advice?

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts