• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Grim 0

In the Temple of Miraak, quite a few of the draugr coffins popped open with them falling out dead, that was funny.

The dunmer lady you kill that owns the house you get later, she won't de-spawn, so I tossed her body in the fireplace.

Last and most importantly. I finished the main questline, but I am unable to go back to Apocrypha again when I read "Waking Dreams" so I can reset my skill perks. Anyone know a possible fix?

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
In the Temple of Miraak, quite a few of the draugr coffins popped open with them falling out dead, that was funny.

The dunmer lady you kill that owns the house you get later, she won't de-spawn, so I tossed her body in the fireplace.

Last and most importantly. I finished the main questline, but I am unable to go back to Apocrypha again when I read "Waking Dreams" so I can reset my skill perks. Anyone know a possible fix?

I'm pretty sure the dead Draugr falling out of the coffins is intentional.

Miraak keeps freezing during the final confrontation with him. Every time he gets down to a certain amount of health, he moves to the center pool, goes ethereal, summons one of the dragons down, kills it but instead of him absorbing the soul,I do. I know that for him to heal, he needs to take that dragons soul, but he doesn't..

In fact I absorb the soul of every dragon that is there. Why is this happening? I can't finish the DLC like this D:

And before someone says it, I've tried fighting him with weaker weapons, in fact I stood there for about a hour or so doing nothing but punching him and still the same thing happened..

Saozig

Hippy
I have been running into glitches more and more.

Saering's Watch in my game appears totally glitched. As I approach it, the dragon circles and then goes in to land on the Word Wall. Then I hear the draugr shouting over and over and over and over and over, non-stop. If I go there, and slay draugr and go up to the Wall, the dragon doesn't fight or anything--it's just frozen there. The health bar is visible until it gets depleted. The dragon itself gasps like a dying dragon, but it stays there on the wall, frozen, with the red enemy dot in the compass still showing even though the health bar is gone. I was able to learn the word from the wall but this location glitches like this every time I approach it. Also, I guess because of my character's level, it's a Frost dragon and not a Serpentine dragon.

Last night, I completed the favor for the Tel Mithryn alchemist with the taproots, and immediately the apprentice runs up to me and tells me there's an Ash Guardian running amok and gives me a new quest. I went back into the alchemist because I forgot to buy some ingredients and she said to me "Someone really ought to do something about that Ash Guardian" and I saved my game there for the night. When I started up again this morning, the quest says I killed the Ash Guardian and to return to the apprentice. So I do, he rewards me and the quest is completed. Except I never killed the Ash Guardian and I don't think I killed it while wandering about (if I did, why didn't it say so as soon as I got the quest?).

I had, in my wanderings, raided the Wreck of the Strident Squall. Last thing I did today was I started the quest to retrieve Cindiri's Folio, but it didn't have a quest marker so I didn't realize the damn folio has a different name other than "Cindiri's Folio" as listed in my logbook, and I don't know if that's a glitch due to me raided the location earlier and just a bug in the game. But I drove myself crazy looking for it (I have to go back to make sure getting the book The Lusty Argonian Maid Folio, which I left in the big chest the first time and is still there, will complete this quest (I was so annoyed I saved and stopped for the day).

I didn't get a quest in my logbook for reading the first black book. Don't know if that's a glitch or an oversight by the creators, but I didn't realize I had to do that, and later on, I had to figure out what Neloth was talking about with "keep on reading until you reach what appears to be the end' and which book he was talking about when I had quests for only the 2nd and 3rd black books.

Something is odd with how dragon attack now. They don't really fight anymore. They'll land and then take off again. circle around a bit, etc, until they die. Also they seem really hard to damage at first and then at a certain point they become really easy to kill. Too easy. I wounder if this is related to the Bend Will shout (I only know one word so far) and giving you a chance to tame the dragon, but whatever is going on it's really making fighting dragons now suck.

There's probably a few others I can't think of right now. It's getting annoying. I haven't had much a problem with freezing--i think it froze once so far. But there is a problem with lagging right after a load screen, especially when my character goes into a building.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
Does anyone else think that the Serpentine Dragon's face looks unimaginably derpy?

Pharaun159

cleared cache again and no help there.

froze when trading with blacksmith in raven rock and i got so frustrated i headed back to the mainland.
that caused 2 more freezes before I could get to solitude.
did a quick job at fort fellhammer and it was very jerky action
returned to raven rock and i was just standing on the dock getting ready to enter the town when a courier ran up and ---- FREEZE !

My reload will take me back to fort dawnguard and i`m seriously considering not returning to solstheim until bethesda patches because I`m not enjoying the game when it`s like this
Are you either a nord or a dark elf?

Adam Warlock

Are you either a nord or a dark elf?
nope , altmer

I actually got about 40 minutes straight of good play tonight giving some shady dark elf a lot of gold and killing dragr.

then it froze twice in 5 minutes so i shut it down

some areas (like Tel Mithryn) are just fine but the only consistent thing about the freezes is their inconsistency.
the freezing on menu screens is something totally new for me since dragonborn download

Pharaun159

hmm Im on 360 and i've noticed major crashing issues with femal nords and dunmer. my altmer has frozen maybe 4 times since dlc. Which is terrible compared to usuall. I never froze before the latest patch. Do you have dawnguard installed, and hearthfire?

Pharaun159

Found another glitch. Nordic greatswords are flagged as onehanded. so they equip as a onhanded weapon but still follow the two handed animation. so basically your follower will run around swinging an invisible sword, while haveing a huge sword strapped to their waist. Come on bethesda! didnt you test the weapons?

Sarcron

Dragons in Skyrim (not Stolsheim from what I saw) witll randomly slow down to a crawl while flying. This is more pronounced if you're riding one, as it can take ages for it to turn or land on your command. It will then randomly speed back up, but then slow down to a crawl again. I tried clearing my cache but it still applies.

360 by the way.

Pharaun159

Dragons in Skyrim (not Stolsheim from what I saw) witll randomly slow down to a crawl while flying. This is more pronounced if you're riding one, as it can take ages for it to turn or land on your command. It will then randomly speed back up, but then slow down to a crawl again. I tried clearing my cache but it still applies.

360 by the way.
I thought that had something to do with the slow effect when they get hit by frost spells

Sarcron

I thought that had something to do with the slow effect when they get hit by frost spells

I've seen frost spells hit dragons before, it's nothing like this. But the thing is that the slow effect would happen even when I was fighting non-magical enemies on the dragon, or the dragon itself was fighting non-magical enemies.

Adam Warlock

360 by the way.
i`ve seen this several times before dragonborn installed.
ancient dragon floating around like the Goodyear Blimp then zoom back to top speed

altho both dawnguard and hearthfire had their own bugs and glitches , they didn`t have the freezing problems i have now

Bluebaron

So I would like to know if anyone has had any glitches with anything on Dragonborn? I went through the whole main quest and I have to say there weren't any glitches I noticed! It was pretty amazing! Now I will probably do the side quests tomorrow and check around, but feel free to put your glitches here and a possible fix if you have one so we know what not to do!:)

I got a couple glitches major ones too , first the quest where you find the deathbrand tresure chests with the map no markers came up for me where they were located even though I had the quest activated I had to use you tube to find them . Then to top off it all off the final part where you go to fight miraak the bendwill shout doesnt work at all for me even though I have all the black books the sad part is I did all this work for nothing . The dragon your supposed to tame attacks me I shout at him with bend will and it doesnt work . I tried previious saves nothing works even the dialog where he is supposed to speak doesnt come up he just lands and says nothing there is no option for me to mount the dragon either . I have all the black books this is so disappointing for me I spent most of weekend playing dragon born I feel I wasted my time . I have all 3 words unlocked for the bend will shout it should of worked . I have also had freeze ups as well in dragonborn . I am very disappointed to come so far in this game and not have the chance to defeat miraak .

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
I got a couple glitches major ones too , first the quest where you find the deathbrand tresure chests with the map no markers came up for me where they were located even though I had the quest activated I had to use you tube to find them . Then to top off it all off the final part where you go to fight miraak the bendwill shout doesnt work at all for me even though I have all the black books the sad part is I did all this work for nothing . The dragon your supposed to tame attacks me I shout at him with bend will and it doesnt work . I tried previious saves nothing works even the dialog where he is supposed to speak doesnt come up he just lands and says nothing there is no option for me to mount the dragon either . I have all the black books this is so disappointing for me I spent most of weekend playing dragon born I feel I wasted my time . I have all 3 words unlocked for the bend will shout it should of worked . I have also had freeze ups as well in dragonborn . I am very disappointed to come so far in this game and not have the chance to defeat miraak .

Firstly, you're not meant to have quest markers for Deathbrand, you're actually meant to find it on your own.
Having all of the Black Books won't somehow 'power up' the shout...
I have to say, I must have been really lucky when I played, I did everything ok.

Bluebaron

The quest marker shows up over the dragon you must tame to ride to fight miraak but even though I have all words of the bend will shout unlocked it doesn't work the dialog for him to talk does not show up he does land but no dialog to mount the dragon shows up at all . I tried previious saves still no luck feel cheated I so wanted to defeat miraak .

shav0

used to be one of the luck ones, but the lost legacy quest on dragon born after completing and getin tharston to his goal i cant leave vahloks tomb..... the loading screen never ceases enyone know of a fix or way round it, all my saves are of me in vahloks tomb like a right ideot i never saved this one before entering what should i do, please help :sadface: (playin a new char in the mean time)

Saozig

Hippy
Does anyone else think that the Serpentine Dragon's face looks unimaginably derpy?

(sorry for being off-topic) Yes. I think they're the worst artistic design in the whole Skyrim package.

FWIW, I also think the seekers look like over-designed evil Loraxes.

KattSand

Premium Member
(sorry for being off-topic) Yes. I think they're the worst artistic design in the whole Skyrim package.
The revered dragons may be even worse Revered Dragon - The Elder Scrolls Wiki just look at that face :D With the xbox grapichs, they look even dumber. I keep getting attacked by one of those every time I enter raven rock and it always lands somewhere far in the woods so I have to chase after it to get my hard earned soul, and sometimes I don't even get my soul because SOMEONE keeps stealing them from me :rolleyes:

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts