• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

bringyourown_cats

It has been suuuuper laggy and freezing a lot. Lost count of how many times me and my boyfriend (sharin' the Xbox) have had to rage-turn-off-the-Xbox.

Adam Warlock

2 more freezes now back in Skyrim trying to approach Heljarchen where a Bandit Attack awaits.
Cleared cache and downloaded all 3 DLC again but hasn`t helped

I love this DLC`s content but the bugs glitches are a real headache

Interesting .
I had just initiated that quest before the freezes at Severin Manor began.
Reverted to a save I had made before going to the barrow and can now get into the house.

I guess that particular quest will have to await the eminent patch

Oh wait my bad! Each time you finish a part of this quest the barrow gets more excavated! Turns out i was standing on a pit of ash and when I came back the ash was removed and the Word Wall was burried underneath me!

Punisher 082

Im having a glitch with the quest, Reluctant Steward. I know Im looking for her body but I found it UNDER Tel Mithryn It is literally under the map. I cant reach it and the marker is still over the body.

Im also having that problem, the quest marker points to her but i can not reach it

zane

Oh thank you x.x I had avoided this quest because of your post xD - thank you thank thank you xD

xaraan

I have a few of the normal xbox freezes that seem to happen when I play skyrim a long time, DLC or not +

Miraak froze up during the end of my fight with him, probably where his 'death scene animation' was supposed to trigger and he ended up just standing there ethereal for ages until I finally gave up and reloaded my earlier save and did the whole thing again to fight him.

I've had several occurrences of the game not loading when I exit my home in Raven Rock. The loading screen will start up and it doesn't really freeze, it keeps cycling through loading screen info - for ev er. I even left it to go mess with the laundry the other day and came back and it was still 'loading'. Only seems to happen like that when leaving my house there.

And I've had a few instances of textures not loading, usually when entering Reikling caves, sometimes half the cave is missing and just blue space out there (I was able to see and shoot Reiklings frozen underground where they were probably waiting to burst out of barrels in one cave). Or I just fall into nothing. Reloading or exiting and coming back in to reload it seems to fix it.

Edit to add: Also had a glitch when riding a dragon, I couldn't call up any menu to equip spells or do anything other than go along for the ride.

All in all, nothing terrible considering how much I've been playing. I do hope they address the Severin Manor issue though, it's tiresome having to save before you go through doors now (especially when you were probably just in there changing equipment and stuff around).

KattSand

Premium Member
I wrote earlier that my game kept freezing after only a short time of playing and that I was gonna try to clear my xbox cache and delete some save files and after doing that, I managed to play for 5 hours straight with no freezing, not sure if it was my "cleaning" that did that but it's worth a try. It's strange how the glitches can be so different for everyone, some have serious ones and others just minor ones, especially when we're all playing this dlc on the same type of consol.

Punjo

I can't beat the Temple of Miraak Quest as Frea is no where to be found, the map marker points to the Shaman's Hut in Shaal Village and when I go inside, the marker is on the ground with no one in the hut. So I can't do any of the DLC... awesome!

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
Theres a glitch in the quest "Unearthed" i think theres ment to be a word wall in Kolbjorn Barrow (after paying 2000 to Ralis) when i go near this certain spot i keep hearing chanting and as i walk towards the edge of the room I hear the word being absorbed (not obtained just obsorbing sound)
I'm having this problem too. I just paid 3K to Ralis, we'll see if this helps me get to the word wall...it had better, I feel like he's swindling me...

Shyrith

Ebonhawk
I think the word wall is accessible in the final part of the quest. In the first room, on the bottom all the way to the left.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
I think the word wall is accessible in the final part of the quest. In the first room, on the bottom all the way to the left.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
Yeah it is, I completed that quest yesterday :D I have done so much of the DLC, but yet to smith Stahlrim armour though, as I have only 61 Smithing or something... :sadface:

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
Not sure if this actually is a glitch, but Vahlok doesn't have a Dragon Priest mask in his loot after you kill him. Seems weird that a single Dragon Priest wouldn't have a mask when all the others do, so I'm inclined to believe it is a glitch.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
Not sure if this actually is a glitch, but Vahlok doesn't have a Dragon Priest mask in his loot after you kill him. Seems weird that a single Dragon Priest wouldn't have a mask when all the others do, so I'm inclined to believe it is a glitch.
How many Dragon Priests have you come across so far? Excluding Miraak and Vahlok.

zane

He doesn't have one, there are only 3 priests with masks, one with lightning, one with fire, and one with frost.

Vaholk was the Guardian and he used wind element or something (based on the shouts you get) but everyone confirms that he has no mask - and to be safe, no one as seen an item id for anything similar to it.

Dar'Neko

Qahnaarin
He doesn't have one, there are only 3 priests with masks, one with lightning, one with fire, and one with frost.

Vaholk was the Guardian and he used wind element or something (based on the shouts you get) but everyone confirms that he has no mask - and to be safe, no one as seen an item id for anything similar to it.
So there's Ahzidal(Fire), Za-something-(Shock), Where do I find the Frost one? I swear I have searched Solstheim forever and have been down every Nord ruin I find...

EDIT: Thanks!

Merqury

This has been the glitchiest dlc yet. I too have had a lot of freezes, having to turn off the xbox and reload sometimes 2 or 3 times in one sitting. But probably the worst is that I solved that stupid floor puzzle in Kolbjorn Barrow only to find nothing in the room it opened the door to. As far as I can tell by what I googled (info is still limited, even the wikis have only stub articles waiting to be filled, the content still so new) there was supposed to be a pretty important item in there and the only thing I can think is that somebody shouted it off its pedestal and into a wall/floor somewhere (I've searched everywhere) or I misinterperated. Anyway, those are my gripes. Would love any info anyone might have if there's somehow a fix to that...no reloads have helped. :/

Lady Imp

Rabid Wolverine
This has been the glitchiest dlc yet. I too have had a lot of freezes, having to turn off the xbox and reload sometimes 2 or 3 times in one sitting. But probably the worst is that I solved that stupid floor puzzle in Kolbjorn Barrow only to find nothing in the room it opened the door to. As far as I can tell by what I googled (info is still limited, even the wikis have only stub articles waiting to be filled, the content still so new) there was supposed to be a pretty important item in there and the only thing I can think is that somebody shouted it off its pedestal and into a wall/floor somewhere (I've searched everywhere) or I misinterperated. Anyway, those are my gripes. Would love any info anyone might have if there's somehow a fix to that...no reloads have helped. :/
I have no idea what the floor puzzle leads to, at the tail end of the quest you can easily access tje book...my problem was after reading the book and picking my perk, I got this perpetual sound like I was in a factory...there was heavy machinery BG noise. Loading a prior save and not reading the book fixed it, but dude...

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2

Merqury

I have no idea what the floor puzzle leads to, at the tail end of the quest you can easily access tje book...my problem was after reading the book and picking my perk, I got this perpetual sound like I was in a factory...there was heavy machinery BG noise. Loading a prior save and not reading the book fixed it, but dude...

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2
I've been hesitant to continue past that point, hoping it would turn up like a similar item did (wasn't on the pedestal seemingly intended for it; found it on the floor) but all i can find is what looks like a piece of enchanted something down by one of the rocks under the water, but I can't see or access anything when i get to where it appears to be from one certain angle. Perhaps if I could find an image of it, I'd know if i was on the right track...half hoping if I continue, I just haven't run into it yet and the walkthroughs that do exist that suggest it should be found before the next bit are just misleading. I just don't know why there'd be a puzzle like that there if there was no prize. The chain up the stairs opens the door out.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts