Post your best mining locations here

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

apeCRAP

I recently found a very good gold mine.
Directions- straight east of Markarth along the side of a river.
I ended up with close to 30 ingot bars after I smelted all the materials!

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
Halted Stream Mine, iron and bonus spell to change to silver and then gold any iron you mine,throat of the world with bonus to get notched pickaxe doubles as a weapon so not just a waste of weight.

Not exactly mining but a great way to get Dwarven Metal Ingots:

SPOILERS-During the College of Winterhold Quest Line you go to Mzulft, a Dwemer ruin which is full of Dwarven scrap metal you can melt down to make Dwarven Metal Ingots-SPOILERS

Hopefully its not too off topic but still relevant. Embershard Mine is also good.

Shew

Account closed (at sincere request).
personally I find Dwemer stuff to heavy in weight to balance its other properties

I only had dwemer armor for about 1/2 level, at which point i bought steel plate and let Lydia wear the Dwemer armor. It eats a lot of damage and she is "Sworn to carry my burdens" after all. :L

shelder

best mine ive found so far is one south-east of windhelm, its part of an orc camp but can easily go around the wall and hope on the bridge that leads to the mine (cant remember name atm), but it is FULL of ebony, iron and silver. got enough ebony from it to make a full deadric set (legendary) with deadric shield, wep and bow (legendary also), also had like 2 bars left over to sell, good mine i consider :p

IrishRanger

Soljunds Sinkhole, up the mountain from Old Hroldar. 5 veins of Moonstone but you do have to fight a draugh deathlord.

Bibbles

Bilegulch mine is amazing for Orchalium Ore. You'll go there as part of the Falkreath Jarl's questline. But there's plenty of it in there, only easy bandits to kill and lots of pickaxes already there.

IrishRanger

Just did Boetith's Calling last night. The mine at Knifepoint Ridge has 17 veins of Corunndum plus some Iron. I don't know if you only get the Corunndum when you're doing the quest. I saw another mining thread that said only Iron at this site.

mr noname

as shelder said, the best ebony mine is se of windhelm, the only reason i say this after they did is that i know its name- embershard mine

IrishRanger

as shelder said, the best ebony mine is se of windhelm, the only reason i say this after they did is that i know its name- embershard mine
Embershard is near Riverwood. The ebony mine near Windhelm is Gloomreach or something like that. In the orc stronghold.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts