Post release mod ideas

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Flamingtaco

Now that Skyrim has been out for a few days what are some mods you guys would like to see? Dont go too crazy, Im mainly thinking of gameplay changes. The only two reasonable ones I can think of are a generic travelers mod to increase the amount of unnamed npcs youll encounter on the roads as well as a monster mod. You may have noticed that there seems to be an overabundance of wolves and little else in Skyrim. This may be just because of my low level but Id still like to see new enemies or just a redistribution of vanilla monsters at lower levels in the world. The other two mods I can think of are horse combat and dual wielding block.

Cave

I hope modders make a '100 new final kills' mod so there are alot more different final kills because these ones are getting old already

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
From what little I have seen so far I would like an option to deactivate Third Person finishing moves. There seem to be First Person versions of a lot of Third Person ones (e.g. cutting a throat from behind) and yet sometimes you get shown the Third Person ones as well even though you’re not using this mode.

Flamingtaco

Yeah it is a little bit pointless. There is already a small code tweak to entirely disable finishing moves so this could be possible.

Touchstone

Streamlined Crafting. To craft any item, I have to select the kind, the item, and then hit ok on a popup window. Using the mouse is funky in this game already, so I notice that I'm slowed down by selecting that "ok". Anything that made this a keyboard command only or just did away with the extra step would make crafting a little bit less irritating.

Bigger cross hairs. Maybe I'm blind, but I have a more difficult time aiming my arrows when I'm not sneaking because the cross-hairs are much smaller normally. The increase in size would help.

Purple dark brotherhood armor. I have a massive obsession with purple, and am happy when anything is made purple. I also love the dark brotherhood, and they are my favorite faction. Changing the tint of the armor and sticking it somewhere in the sanctuary? That would make me a very happy girl.

Purple hair, fine clothes, face paint, bows.... Yeah, while we're at it, I'll take any purple you throw at me. You have a fan right here! I'd love to see some fine clothes in purple, and an option to get my hair some ridiculous shade (art imitates life amiright?).

Storage. Someone out there is probably already on it, In fact, someone may have already done this, and I just haven't had time to check just yet. If not, storage would be nice. I'm really looking forward to the astounding and creative houses that this community will come up with, but I also understand that's long term. A few chests until then would be nice - the one house I own doesn't have enough for me to effectively sort my goodies. Would it be possible to have 0 weight chests sold by a few vendors, which could be dropped in the owned house?

Pillow fort and floating book staircase. Heh. Remember making these in Morrowind? I loved the book staircases. I'd stack them in tall spirals, and take out every other book so they were floating and awesome, and then cover them in gemstones. Because I'm five. I, like others, made ridiculous pillow piles and forts because we could. I know the physics engine won't allow it, but I'd love to see them exist static somewhere in the game. Maybe an invisible spiral bookshelf? A pillow fort that you can go inside, and there's a kid living it it? Let your imagination go wild!

Multiple ring slots. I too think it is silly that we can only wear one ring. An increase seems to be in order! ^.^

Lycan

Forest Crawler
Fishing Mod: The ability to use a rod and line to go fishing. Just seems like an obvious one.

Gotta think of some more...I had one last night..

Demut

Veritas vos liberabit
Jump attacks? What do you have in mind when you say that?

Flamingtaco

Well attacking while jumping is something you cant do, unless its a perk like in oblivion but even if it is, some cool animations would be nice. Also a dodge/roll would be really helpful for dual wielding

Lycan

Forest Crawler
I think you can dodge/roll as a perk for the sneak skill? correct me if I am wrong

Lilfish43

I would love to see a mod that lets you make a dragon your companion. Like gives you a rope and you get a dragon and you can make it fly for you or you can use it to attack by using a specific shout (unlike the shout at the end forget the name)

Lycan

Forest Crawler
I'd like to see a little more legion involvement, I know there is a lot already but just simple things like being the Captain of one of the forts, legion companions (or the ability to order around lower ranks)...a little more political bullpl*ps and some meaning to ranks. It happens already but in a very soft way...If I'm a Legate I don't want to be just raiding the fort, I want to be planning the assault.

Edit: Also I'd like to see Dragons do more structural damage especially if left alone. If I get attacked by a dragon in a town and run away, I'd like to see that town raised to the ground. The townspeople would either move on or start to rebuild. Obviously larger towns could probably get away with wall damage or something. Just an idea.

Lycan

Forest Crawler
Another idea came to me, I'd like to be able to at some point betray either the Imperials or the Stormcloaks and continue on the other side leading them to victory. Some people after hearing more of the back story may change their mind as to which side they agree with. The initial choice can be made so early in the piece.

Lycan

Forest Crawler
Kids: Changing kids faces from the generic child face, being able to have your own kids after marraige.

hexperiment

The Experimentalist
I just thought of a mod with a new guild of hunters to join. You join the guild to hunt wild animals. Skyrim sounds like a great place for hunting so it would be nice to have a hunting guild... The mod would come with fishing, animal skinning, trapping and extended cooking.

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
Bags that reduce the weight of what you're carrying.

Better sorting opportunities than just the containers like a "chest". I'd love submenus to sort through all the stuff I have to throw in the chests in my house. I try to separate the items, but I still end up having to go through ridiculous lists to find stuff.

Aeriene

I didn't play as a werewolf yet, but from what I have read, you can change into werewolf for 2 minutes or so whenever you want, once per 24 hours. Ok if werewolves weren't introduced earlier in the series, I would probably accept that the game creators had a different vision on the werewolves, than the typical one.. But come on, I think that bloodmoon story was pretty focused on these beasts, how the curse works etc, so now this easy version seems a little stupid :< Reminds me of Twilight werewolves actually.

I would love a mod that make lycanthropy works like in bloodmoon, you can't choose when you transform and this form stays for a longer time.

Flamingtaco

I am a werewolf. You can turn into one once a day for 2 minutes if you become one through the conpanions. If you do a quest for hircine you get a cursed ring which makes you randomly transform but after a fairly simple quest you can use whenever you want to transform. I dont mind lycanthropy but it could be much better. A mod that redesigns vampirism and lycanthropy and throws in some quests and factions would be nice.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts