Playstation 4 Announcement Today

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HarleyQuinn

Administrator
badge-playstation-4.jpg

This is the discussion thread for the Playstation 4 Announcement that's being made as we speak.

Sony PlayStation 4 expected at NY event Wednesday - WSJ.com

What does this system need to have for you to put down your hard-earned cash for it?

Edit:
Here's the latest from Engadget:
Sony unveils its next game console, the PlayStation 4

Sony's new DualShock 4 controller official: all-new design, touchpad and share button

PlayStation 4 will stream gameplay to friends, allow them to take the reigns

PlayStation 4's UI and inner workings detailed: No more booting, games download as you play them

Clau

The Fateless One
Maybe next gen games like the next Elder Scrolls and the Witcher 3. It would be nice if the initial base model can play PS3 games.

Saozig

Hippy
What does this system need to have for you to put down your hard-earned cash for it?

To be frank, it needs to not be a PS. But I am interested in its promised freatures. Some of freatures on the new DualShock 4 controller seem fairly sweet. I like the headphone jack at least--beats having to use a jack on the TV or console itself.

They don't seem to have annouced any specifics on the enhanced PC GPU they are talking about, but 8GB of memroy seems small for the current market.

But if I was in the market for a PS it would need:

--vastly improved graphics over Xbox
--much more memory
--a far more powerful CPU, which they claim PS4 will have
--address whatever the issues are that keep DLC and such for games being held up or never released of PS

Not sure they can deliver that. Basically we console players want PC-quality play on our consoles, with the ease of use that you get with a console. That's the bar they need to be aiming for. for teh most part, it seems they are trying to do that with the PS4 but I'm far from sold. I like getting my Skyrim DLCs.

Cazimir

Share button? Does not give me good feelings about single player gaming.

Also, hello button that I will never push if I ever get this console.

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
I guess it will still be on the same network (PSN) I wont buy it anyway, im fine with my ps3 and this ps4 will suck, there are still problems after 6 years with ps3, I think they should stop making them and stick with one, I dont know what exactly they are doing as how complex could it get after ps3 other than having something like touch or something. Continue with 3 and work up to making it better I say.

Beowin

I don't use PS at all, but I gotta say CAPCOM has done some serious work with the game that looked so realistic(don't remember the name)

Anyways, I'm looking forward to CAPCOMS work on that game.
But other than that I think PS4 is just a slightly more advanced than the previous one.

CTRL + Q to Enable/Disable GoPhoto.it

jaomile

The problem PS3 had (like Dawnguard for example and other dlcs being late) is that it was too hard to make games on unlike Xbox 360 because if its architecture. However now they use the same hardware as PC does so it will be much easier for developers to make new games . Also it is not too soon for a next gen consoles, they are late already. You just bought Xbox and it is out for 8 years. Don't tell me you didn't have money unitl now as its price was almost the same for the last couple of years. I just hope Bethesda will make a NEW (not upgrade the old one but a brand new) engine for their next TES game as this one, even with all the mods on PC, is showing its age.

Ragnvaldr

That Canadian guy.
Exactly, everyone goes around blaming Playstation for not getting the DLC out for us sooner, yet it was Bethesdas problem.
My one and only complaint about the PS4 so far is no backwards compatibility.

jaomile

Well there is a reason why that is not such a bad thing ( just to be clear I am not a Sony fanboy as some people migh call me as I am stating reasons which are in Sony's favour. I have never even owned any PS ever and always play games on PC). In order to make PS4 backward campatible they would have to use similar architecture as PS3 and that would not only be bad (as PS3 was as I said before harder than xbox to make games on) but also more expensive. And if you already own a PS3 and have PS3 games than play it on PS3, if you dont thay you could play them on PS4 as they can be streamed by Gaikai (not sure if spelled correctly) at 720p. Besides, how many PS2 games have you played on PS3 when it launched and for how long?

Ragnvaldr

That Canadian guy.
You make a damn good point.

Papzt

Finally some good news for us pc gamers. No more crap ports, no more low res, dx 11, AA, maybe even real 1080p abd not just that upscaled 720p plops we have now and much more. That's great. 8Gb DDR5 Ram is awesome. And the CPU and GPU are good too. At least for a console. They are much better in a console than in a pc due to more specialized programming. I hope you console "gamers" will enjoy getting out of the past :cool: now you can see what we have for almost 2 years now

Sent from my GT-I9300

Clau

The Fateless One
I would hope that a dedicated game system would be able to blow any PC out of the water. If not, then why not just buy the PC?

TheLonelyWolve

My precious
It's not just about skyrim, but lots of other games, especially ones that envolve Microsoft, I dont know what the problem is or why they have this grudge or something but they need to get over it. Really dont see how advanced the ps4 will be, ps3 + 4 will have the same graphics as ever, being as no lcd tv has gotten any more advanced, games will work the same way.

There really is no difference in technology that can be put into either one, except for Touch based tech.

Papzt

Really dont see how advanced the ps4 will be, ps3 + 4 will have the same graphics as ever, being as no lcd tv has gotten any more advanced, games will work the same way.
No they won't. There are so many new technologies which can be used in this thing. As i stated above. Dx11 alone will improve the quality much. Also through the power it has you can have HD and AA. You can have high res textures which you don't have atm. Man even some games which are available for smartphones have better graphics. Then the RAM, it will be fast as hell and with 8 GB you can expect much bigger environment. I think you have no idea what is possible to do with this

Sent from my GT-I9300

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts