Petition : Ban "Child Killing on Skyrim" posts

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Do you want "Child Killing on Skyrim" posts allowed here?

• Yes

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • No

Votes: 11 22.4%
  • I don't care

Votes: 18 36.7%

• Total voters

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
I (after I read this sober, I then drank a lot and edited it. xD)disagree with the issue of censorship and I'm quite torn on this particular issue. While I do think these mods should be available, regardless of content (although some are just downright disgusting), the "child killing" mod is disturbing. Yet, there have been times when a child NPC has angered me by a "bratish" comment and I've felt compelled to "discipline" them. Maybe an answer would be a mod that when a child makes these comments, there is a dialogue option to report it to the parent and then the the NPC parent punishes the child. I do think there is a difference in RPG "killing kids" and real life. The problem with the mod is how people react in real life. Will the mod cause some mentally demented player to act this out in real life? If that ever happens, then there will be a serious problem. If that ever happened, then I don't honestly know if I would be for censorship of it but right now, I hate to admit that do not like censorship of mods and take the "to each their own" or "whatever floats your boat" (but doesn't sink mine) philosophy. I think maybe some of the parent NPC's (not going to name virtual names or point virtual fingers...achuhhh! Jarlofwhiterun!) just need to do a better child job at raising their virtual kids.

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
well here sm to put my 2 cents in. ok, let it b known off gate, no i dont condone the killing of children in game or otherwise. i didnt kno u could even kill them till just now, i did infact kno that u gould interact w sum of them. tag, hide and seek, which i find to b a lil amusing in game. there r always goin to b ppl that want to play the darkest side of a game they can, and there is no way u can stop it, so if u dont like it just simply ignore it. i will however not vote to ban it from these forums simply because here we have our freedom to express, whine, bitch, moan, groan,m and conggradulate as we see fit. if u r wrried that if u commit a crime and a child witnesses it and u dont wanna kill them, then maybe u should save b4 said crime, and try to find a way to do it stealthly.

Dark Brotherhood for life

856.jpg

Rayven

Global Moderator
Staff member
...Will the mod cause some mentally demented player to act this out in real life?...

A mod will not cause a mentally demented person to do anything. A mental illness will. If we removed everything in the world that could potentially cause a mentally deranged person to act something out, we'd have no media.

SuperAxilla

Article Writer
Like the whole Dungeons & Dragons Role-Playing scare back in the 90's. Not so much cause, but inspire, but if your mentally deranged, then I would imagine anything could set them off. Like looking a stuffed teddy bear and then breaking into the zoo and killing all the bears because of some triggered deranged frenzy. Not that that's ever happened to me, err....no. But I do hate clowns.

External influence on the actions of the mentally ill will always be, but the external influence cannot be held responsible for the actions or outcome. Too many internal variables within the minds of the mentally ill. What could have prevented it? Nothing really. The person is mentally ill, and who knows what external influences could inspire them to react in any way?

I.E. A mentally challenged person with a fear of clowns was in the "institution" and there was a velvet painting of a clown in the room with the...uh...ping pong table. This bothered him. He showed signs of getting better, was coming off his meds, and the "institution" decided to take him/her and a group of patients out to the circus. Lo and behold, there were clowns at the circus & lots of them. The mental patient then leaps over the bleachers onto the arena floor, and dashes past the cute little monkey riding a miniature tricycle to grab a whip from the "ringmaster". He/she then attacks the nearest clown whipping until so much blood is lost, a transfusion is not sufficient to bring the clown back to life.
So, the media jumps all over this and clown paintings are suddenly blamed for violent actions. Do you ban them? No, but maybe they should remove that velvet clown painting from the "institute" rec room and bump up the patient's Thorazine dosage. If you ban the general painting of clowns, then it would trample the Constitution, and toss us backwards progressively to countries like Nazi Germany or modern day North Korea.

Albeit, the "Child Killing" mod is a completely different...er...well...thing, it is still a slightly similar censorship and constitutional issue.

Man, do I hate clowns!

Digimanbyte_ID

I really don't see the point of child killing being a bad thing for a mod. A mod you can choose to ignore and not download, same with threads. You ignore them. Honestly though for most games with drug use, alcohol, prostitution and just downright torture, I think the line has already been declared that game will never influence the population.

perkecet

wait, are people pretending this is some sort of moral dilemma? i don't get it... i thought this all blew over when the world realized everyone who plays GTA isn't a thug shooting cop cars with rocket launchers. who in their right mind would equate pressing buttons and watching pixels to ANYTHING in the real world? it's more than a little disappointing to even think that some have that idea.

if someone were to ask you "how should i play skyrim?" would you not say, "play however you like"? well, perhaps that person wants the entire province devoid of life? he or she then kills everyone in the game, while finding out kids can't be killed, so they reply "oh man, now there's just a bunch of kids running around, i wish they were killable!" this person now supports child abuse? are you kidding me...

i'll hold my tongue now, but this is outrageous, i could care less about the censorship aspect. very disappointed.

EDIT: just noticed this is rather old... seems this has been smoothed over?

Gehenna

Dazed & Confused
I guess on this I really don't care all that much. I'm not interested in doing away with the little Skyrim brats myself, but it doesn't matter to me what other people do in their games. I guess I look on Skyrim's kids as bad Fallout 3 ports that don't even seem to belong in the game. Instead of a child killing mod I wish someone would make a discipline mod, so that kids who are disrespectful can be punished and maybe learn from their mistakes. What I'd really like though is for someone to make the kids look more realistic (especially the face - they all look the same) so I'd care one way or another.

jugglo2996

The official Skyrim forum and probably other Skyrim forums re-enforces this. I think it would be better to keep things open. It's a gaming debate that some people like to participate it. You can just ignore the threads that you don't like.
i wish kids could be killed it would make the game better

Omega Dragon

I'll be the first to admit, I don't like children.

But I also don't like the idea of killing children, call it a moral conviction. But on the other hand, I don't see the point of preventing such discussions either, but that's me - a niche' libertarian anarchist. ;)

Verac

Im against child killing in games, but children not reacting to they're parents being murdered is odd i thought dawnguard added "Children crying" animations? i mean all they do is run around in circles and yell "Why are they hurting eachother!" besides that i think you should have the option to verbally put them in they're place. maybe contact the morag tong ((if your dark brotherhood)) to kill you for vengeance for killing they're said parent/parents. would be intresting for rp

I think that people should have the right to discuss any Skyrim thing that they want. If this kind of stuff really disturbs people, I suggest adding a "Mature Content" section, or something like that.

If this does disturb you, OP...

1: IT'S JUST A GAME! YOU'RE NOT KILLING REAL CHILDREN!

2: If you see people talking about it, keep calm and carry on. Just get the fl*ff out if you don't want to be part of that discussion. Don't make people get banned for saying how they think Skyrim should be changed.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts