PC or Xbox One/PS4 for Elder Scrolls Online

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Brem

Elder Scrolls Online is close and I can feel it, but, what will you be playing it on? I figure most would favor the PC over the Xbox One and PS4, but who here would go the console route? I might end up doing the PC route as I am unsure about next gen consoles right now and the PC is the best for these type of games anyways.

NachyoChez

Console 100% for me. More stable, built in voice communication, and most importantly: a controller. What's not to love?

Honor to the Ebonheart Pact!
Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

BlueTiger

I just spent a lot of money upgrading my PC, so I'm going to buy it for PC. I hope there is option the game so that users can max all the graphics and draw distance up, so people can make the most of their hardware. I'm also used to the controls on PC.

Izekiel Kest

I am going ps4. I don't think there will be any difference between pc or console cuz DC Univese and TESO isn't going to have a large hot bar so it would be a problem. And I have way better aiming capabilities on consoles I'm not the best pc gamer

jarif

ESO is confirmed to moddable and PC is probably better for MMO and their will be a difference both graphicaly and game mechanics for e.g; they have confirmed that PC will have different AI (probability better) than consoles plus mouse and keyboard can do things that a controller for example hot keys ect ect

jarif

As far as community, I think the PC community will be larger and better. The community in Skyrim is so creative and lasting, imagine a ESO community. I would imagine the PC community would have more hardcore players and all while console community will have more casual players and less roleplayers.

NachyoChez

Having played both Console and PC MMOs, and MMOs available for both on both, I can say with utter certainty that consoles are preferable.

The only edge a PC might have, in this instance, would be modding but modding ruins the game and the community (from my experience with moddable MMOs). Speaking of communities, I think all 3 will have substantial player bases. Xbox traditionally has the larger Elder Scrolls following, while PS4 has a fair share of converts. PC will always have people who swear it's the only 'proper' way to game, so they'll have representation too!

utael

ESO is confirmed to moddable and PC is probably better for MMO and their will be a difference both graphicaly and game mechanics for e.g; they have confirmed that PC will have different AI (probability better) than consoles plus mouse and keyboard can do things that a controller for example hot keys ect ect

dude, your confirmed "moddable" is bull, ESO is an online MMO if they allowed mods there would be no reason to keep the game pay to play.

jarif

dude, your confirmed "moddable" is bull, ESO is an online MMO if they allowed mods there would be no reason to keep the game pay to play.

WOW was moddable

utael

I wouldn't call changing the graphics on your end to be moddable. Thats just adding a skin. Modding is adding new content or changing in game values.

higgi07

PC for me, just prefer the freedom of using mouse + keyboard or a controller. None of the features will be watered down either. Also for people interested switching over to pc I recommend looking up Tek syndicate on youtube as they have alot of "kill your console" pc builds of various budgets that are affordable alternatives to the new consoles. Over a couple of years you will pay less overall due to games being so cheap on PC :)

Rimfaxe96

PC for me also. Nothing works better for me than a proper mouse and keyboard.
I don't relate to taking any sides in the "console wars" though. After all it's just a question of preference. Couldn't imagine playing Spyro on PC for example. Another reason why I favor PC would be Teamspeak/Skype, seems the headset I bought a few months ago won't rest.
Ahh I just can't wait to play it! :p

ZeroDragon

Bring me my broadsword, and clear understanding.
Having played both Oblivion and Skyrim on both Playstation and PC (I know, I must be crazy), I find a keyboard and mouse far better controls for Elder Scrolls games. I don't use any mods, it's pure control. That said, I've signed up for the PS4 beta and am just having a coffee break from the PC Beta, hopefully I will have a direct comparison.

As far as an online community, I would expect there to be huge communities for console and PC/Mac. It's a shame there will be different servers. I do think that the PC/Mac online community will stay stronger longer because of the amount and the level of publicity of games which are released for consoles.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
you cant mod an MMO like ESO because imagine if someone had a Cheat mod that gave them weapons that done 1 million damage and weighed nothing
do you honestly think they would allow that especially when it comes to PvP considering with that weapon you could kill anyone with 1 hit or imagine someone with a mod like better vampires going up against someone who has vanilla vampirism kind of unfair don't you think

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts