Pacifist play through snow veil sanctum

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

True Assassin

how is everyone today. I just recently got back into skyrim and decided that I was gonna try something in skyrim I have never done before. A pacifist play through. Well I started off in the thieves guild and thus far I had to kill anything. I recently got the quest to snow girl sanctum. Well for like the first 5 minutes or so was fine up until I got to the first awake draugr. Mercer the idiot now matter what we are doing wants to kill this thing. It counts against me because he is my follower right now. I really really want to get through the entire play through without a single kill but it seems impossible. Any suggestions?

TheDreamersverse

Brit Fahiil Vahdin
Mercer had no respect for anyone but himself, I also feel he wanted to scare you with his skills. So he doesn't care if you want to be a pacifist. He's just there for REVENGE and doesn't give a crap what you do cuz, SPOILER(?), he a traitor, and wants that place to be your tomb as well.

how is everyone today. I just recently got back into skyrim and decided that I was gonna try something in skyrim I have never done before. A pacifist play through. Well I started off in the thieves guild and thus far I had to kill anything. I recently got the quest to snow girl sanctum. Well for like the first 5 minutes or so was fine up until I got to the first awake draugr. Mercer the idiot now matter what we are doing wants to kill this thing. It counts against me because he is my follower right now. I really really want to get through the entire play through without a single kill but it seems impossible. Any suggestions?

My first thought would be to say you're not responsible for his actions. Mercer is the leader of the Thieves Guild, so you can't exactly tell him what to do and what not to do. Moreover, he's a bit of a dick anyway. So long as you don't join in, you're not breaking your 'no violence' rule. As in real life, you're not accountable for the acts of another.

My second thought is that draugr aren't exactly 'alive' anyway. I don't think that your pacifism is being jeapardised too badly by somebody else killing what are essentially zombies.

My final thought is... well, how are you going to handle the final Thieves Guild mission? I'm guessing you've already played through it before, but if not I'll put spoiler tags around this next bit:
you can't progress until you've killed Mercer! And you can't even rely on Brynjolf and Karliah to do it either - you have to do it! Yourself!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts