Spoiler Own Goldenglow Estate

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Flamingtaco

So after finishing the quest involving Gulum-Ei, he gives you the Goldenglow bill of sale an tells you to keep it as conpensation. I read the bill and it says it can be used to show ownership. Ive tried talking to the Jarl of Riften and her Steward but I had no luck. I then cleared out the estate of all mercenaries and Aringoth. Ive tried talking to Delvin Mallory just in case and the bill of sale has no value. Does anyone know if theres really a way to redeem this or if its a useless/unfinished item? If that is the case Im dissapointed in Bethesda. Even if it is useable Im rather irritated with this. Perhaps the strategy guide helps if anybody has that

kyln

If only I cared
you cant own the estate. as far as i know it is just paper fillin your inventory. you cannot redeem it, nor decorate it, it just out rigt doesnt belong to you i'm afraid. sorry to disappoint!

Deadhand

PLEASE DON'T EAT THOSE SOCKS!
Possession is 9/10ths of the law! Haha. We should definitely be able to own this with that proof of ownership.

Flamingtaco

You should at least be able to sell it to the thieves guild and then use it as like a base of operations. That would be cool

DarkAssassin

Technically if you go to the house after you received the bill of ownership you do own the place, there just is no benefit that i can tell from it. But everything in the house is now yours, notice nothing is "steal" and the bed in the main room is no longer owned with or without the creepy elf guy in the corner. So technically i assume that means you own the estate, just not really?

tirencia

when i talked to maven she said she would like to have it and that she would compensate the guild so when i finish the quest to get it i will find out what happens then i will post here.

Jack Fulham

Premium Member
In a similar situation, don't want to leave stuff there though because it might be removed if I don't own it properly. Not a huge fan of owning it though, it feels so empty unless I can get people to move there.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
I felt the same way. I want to move into it but am afraid of losing my stuff! Same with the DB Sanctuary in Dawnstar. Actually that place creeps me out so I wouldn't live there, but Goldenglow I would! Please do post if anyone finds out it is safe to store there.

meatpuppets

Premium Member
I did that quest last night and I thought that bill of sale was part of the quest that you took back to Maven and gave it to her. I could be wrong because I had some mead last night while I was playing.

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
I can't remember if it was this iteration with the Orc or my last one with the Nord, but one of them I stored the deed in a bookshelf so I don't think you give it back. Still curious as all h^ll if you can store stuff there.

One theory I have, not proven over time, just a theory is that is you leave what is in the container when you find it then add new stuff on top of that it will still be there.

I started stopring extra torches in a barell in front of the Whiterun blacksmith and they are still there every time I go back. So far. So are the 4 cabbages that started there.

RYNO

when i talked to maven she said she would like to have it and that she would compensate the guild so when i finish the quest to get it i will find out what happens then i will post here.

HEY U SHOULD POST WHAT U DISCOVERED LOL I think i speak for everyone when i say that we are all wanting to get closure on this subject. I too went back to the house and it didnt say steal on anything ???????
i would like to own and decorate but really tho there are alot of things in the game unfinished.....Damn u bethesta!!!!!

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
HEY U SHOULD POST WHAT U DISCOVERED...
Nice necropost. The OP is long gone because this thread is from last year. :rolleyes:

If you really want to know, try looking at more recent threads like this one.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts