Overcoming Over-encumberance

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Was this guide useful?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mikea

Finding that you are constantly over-encumbered? Your follower is as well? Well I have the solution!

What you need:

- A follower
- Over-Encumberance

Method:

When both you and your follower are both over-encumbered, and you can't be bothered trekking all the way out of the dungeon you are in, all you have to do is drop a few items that are weighing you down. Then tell your follower to pick them up. This will allow you to carry more weight, and will not slow your follower down.

Problems:

- Sometimes this glitch stuffs up and the item will not appear in your follower's inventory. Unfortunately, these items have been lost to Oblivion...

Patches:

I do not download patches, so I have no idea if this has been patched.

Anything you want to add to this will be greatly appreciated!

psyk0

No soul gem large enough.
Also worth noting that if you drop a 'stack' of items (6+), and ask your follower to pick it up, they'll only get one in their inventory and the rest of the stack will vanish. Sad times losing about 35 Dwarven Metal Ingots to that one. :sadface:

WrxScooby

I <3 My Subaru's
Probably want to move this to the guide section.

You could add to that if you have a horse and you are over encumbered you can just hop on and fast travel or ride wherever. The only thing I feel that makes the horse worth 1000. I just use mine when I go on treasure hunts or the invisible chest trips.

jam

Also, sometimes using this method will result in the item being marked as stolen.

And, you can also become a werewolf, which will allow you to fast travel/move again.

andrea

just get a horse, hop on it while you are overcumbered and fast travel to your house to store stuff, easier and no glitch involved

jam

You can also carry around the Thieves guilt armor, which increases capacity by 20, 35, or 50 depending on which variety you have

Dragon Bourne

Long Live Paarthurnax!
Did you know that to overcome your follower being over encumbered, instead of handing things to them one at a time, put everything you want them to carry in any container and tell them to "Take All". Never lost a thing that way and they would carry infinite amounts even when I could not hand them an other thing.

Thomas Liu

tyl089
I tried that trick once, but after I tried to get the stuff back, alot of the items were labeled stolen and I didnt have the fence perk so I was kind of screwed.

Lee

Rasta-For-I
Probably want to move this to the guide section.

You could add to that if you have a horse and you are over encumbered you can just hop on and fast travel or ride wherever. The only thing I feel that makes the horse worth 1000. I just use mine when I go on treasure hunts or the invisible chest trips.

My friend told me that he moved house and it took him about 6 journeys there and back to move all his stuff. When it came to me moving I thought there must be an alternative to what he did. I got all my belongings from Breezhome an repeatedly Whirlwind sprinted myself to the stables. At first I tried the cart option. The guy took my money, told me to get in the back and proceeded to tell me to hurry, even though I was sat in the back and ready. I then bought a hoss and fast travelled.

Thanks for the heads up Mikea about the carrying capacity. I don't always take a follower with me and I'll be resuming my game with out in the wilds with 2 lots of dragon scales and bones on me moving really slow. I'll have to try and safely stash one set, drink some elixir, go home and return later for the other scales and bones.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts