• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Build: Nord/2-handed/heavy/archery - no magic or alchemy - smithing and enchantment - good guy/hero, dragonborn, no thievery

Currently wearing steel and joining companions.

Not terribly fond of the companions armor

What do y'all think would be the next step up from steel

Thinking plate or nordic carved?

Orcish just too fancy; daedric & ebony too pretty

Thoughts anyone?

using elvish greatsword and elvish bow & arrows

Current follower: Lydia in Plate with an elvish war ax and steel shield

Lucid

Blades armor? It's heavy, dwarven armor strength at minimum, and somewhat unique. I would understand if it also falls into the "too pretty" category for you.

Daelon DuLac

Blades armor? It's heavy, dwarven armor strength at minimum, and somewhat unique. I would understand if it also falls into the "too pretty" category for you.
I hadn't even thought of that. The blades armor isn't bad. I suppose I could take the set that I find initially and then forget about the actual baldes themselves.

Personally I don't think it's the armors themselves that bother me. I think it's the helmets. Most of them just look dumb to me: The Wolf with it's silly jawline (not so bad on a guy but it looks HUGE on a girl); Ebony & Plate (as well as Daedric) cover up the entire face so I can't even see myself and the lights look like buckets on your head. I do like both the Nordic Carved and the steel (non-horned) helmets. I wonder which would look best with blades armor.

Hmm....

Lucid

I'm not really a fan of any helmets. I like the dragonscale better than most, but it's light. Maybe the dragonplate (if your smithing is maxed)? Or the jagged crown? It looks great with everything because it's gilded in deceit :)

Daelon DuLac

I'm not really a fan of any helmets. I like the dragonscale better than most, but it's light. Maybe the dragonplate (if your smithing is maxed)? Or the jagged crown? It looks great with everything because it's gilded in deceit :)
I've taken to thinking about asthetics as opposed to just strength anymore. I just don't like things with all the crap decorating, poking out our embellishing the armor. I just can't imagine a warrior wearing something so silly looking (that's why I like the steel and nordic carved KISS).
Examples:
1) Nords - almost always steel or nordic carved but I've yet to try ancient nord armor
2) Elves - luv 'em in vampire armour although they can get away with glass
3) Argonian - scaled, scaled, scaled armors (and eventually dragon scale!)
4) Redguard - studded or scaled
5) Khajit - leather or none at all

and etc, etc, etc.

For some reason I just can't get in to the ebony, daedric or dragon plate. Not because it's not strong, I just don't care for the fancy schmancy looks. My characters are not usually out to frighten folks.

TJ0331

Nords forever
I like the look of nordic carved and the helm of yngol.

Daelon DuLac

I hadn't though the that helm. It is pretty cool! I just never get up there to go through the dungeon (even though I've usually got the coral claw in my possession).

TJ0331

Nords forever
I hadn't though the that helm. It is pretty cool! I just never get up there to go through the dungeon (even though I've usually got the coral claw in my possession).

Yea it's worth it also it looks great with ancient nord armor.

Daelon DuLac

Yea it's worth it also it looks great with ancient nord armor.
How is the Ancient Nordic armour? I see the option when I am able to use the Skyforge but I've never made it. If it's anything like what the Drauger's use, I think I'd like it.

Adam Warlock

Ancient Nord is great looking if not as strong as Nordic Carved.
Upside is that it doesn`t require the Advanced Armor perk for maximum improvement.

The green touches on the armor go very nicely with emerald jewelry as well as Nord Hero weapons that have been enchanted with green-hued magic like paralyze or absorb stamina .

Daelon DuLac

Upside is that it doesn`t require the Advanced Armor perk for maximum improvement.

The green touches on the armor go very nicely with emerald jewelry as well as Nord Hero weapons that have been enchanted with green-hued magic like paralyze or absorb stamina .
I don't know what Nord Hero weapons are. I hear them mentioned all the time but have never heard of them.

Adam Warlock

I don't know what Nord Hero weapons are. I hear them mentioned all the time but have never heard of them.
Look under Draugr Weapons here
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Nord_Hero_(material)#Draugr_Weapons

The Nord Hero Greatsword has a fabulous weight to damage ratio and would be my pick over the barely more powerful Battleaxe which is much heavier and has a slower swing.

Daelon DuLac

Look under Draugr Weapons here
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Nord_Hero_(material)#Draugr_Weapons

The Nord Hero Greatsword has a fabulous weight to damage ratio and would be my pick over the barely more powerful Battleaxe which is much heavier and has a slower swing.
Thank you. Very interesting.

ShadowHunter

For 2-handed weapons I always prefer battle axes, so maybe Nordic Battleaxe? For armor I like the look of Dragonplate, it looks better than most heavy armors IMO. If you have Dawnguard try getting Zephyr or a Nordic Bow

AS88

Staff member
I hear them mentioned all the time but have never heard of them.

o_O
Sorry, couldn't resist :p

Nordic Carved and Helm of Yngol is a great suggestion, though. I don't like the short skirt on the Ancient Nord armour piece, personally. I also think that Dawnguard Armour is underrated for its looks.

Daelon DuLac

I hear them mentioned all the time but have never heard of them.

o_O
Sorry, couldn't resist :p

Nordic Carved and Helm of Yngol is a great suggestion, though. I don't like the short skirt on the Ancient Nord armour piece, personally. I also think that Dawnguard Armour is underrated for its looks.
I don't think I have the legs for a miniskirt. Besides, 20 layers of pantyhose makes 'em look chunky. :)

Adam Warlock

I like Wuuthrad a lot but since you can`t temper it at a grindstone it will cost some enchantment slots on your gear to boost the 2h damage.
You can enchant it but the description of your work will not appear(just the charge bar) so be sure to note what you added

Hildolfr

It's a big hammer.
I think my favorite looking armor is Banded Iron, especially for a Nord. Stahlrim is next. I hate Dwarven and prefer Ebony on followers. Not a fan of Daedric and I've never made Dragonbone. I do like Orcish, though. I also like when the guards say, "Orcish armor, hmm? Had me a set of that once. Ugly and strong, like those that forged it."

TJ0331

Nords forever
I havent used dragonplate yet for my nord. I used stalhrim on my other nord but it's too fancy for my current one.

khazan99

Semi-professional cabbage collector
I agrre with you Daelon re: most of the helmets. That vanilla Horned Steel Helmet for example is almost laughable in appearance.

I like the Ancient Nord Helmet a lot though:

200px-AncientNordHelmet.png

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts