18+ (Closed) An Era of Dusk

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Very nice, Marek. I'll have the IC and my card up in an hour or two.

Madrar

The Shadow in the Dark.
    Alright, the IC is up. Should be at the top of 'active stories'. I added a bit of flavour text for you guys to read through, just to 'embellish' the setting a little more. Also, my character is posted below. In additon, please don't feel forced to wait for me. While I'll introduce npc's to point the way, I very much need to stress that Merric is not a leader. I want you guys to be able to do what you want, instead of myself forcing things along in character. If that means you have to talk it out here, so be it.

Name: Merric Vasser

Age- 30

Sex- Male

Race- Imperial

Class- Swordsman (in actuality, he was an assassin, but does not know this.)

Sexuality- Hetersexual

Marital Status- Single

Laterality- Right hand dominant, but can use both fairly easily.

Afflictions-Amnesia, suffers from intense headaches.

Religion- The nine divines in a very general sort of way.

Appearance- A fair skinned male, clearly no stranger to battle with scars covering a good portion of his torso. His face is unmarked except for a long, jagged scar that follows his hairline, terminating shortly before his left temple. His hair is long and a dark blond, bound together with a thick leather strip. His facial hair is neatly trimmed, but it will grow out if he is unable to find a shaving blade. He has deep blue eyes, often troubled and introspective.
    Gear

Armor-A leather tunic, reinforced with steel. Specifically his shoulders and upper arms, along with steel guantlets. He wears sturdy leather boots, and over all of this, a heavy leather long coat, that falls to past his knees, offering protection from the weather as much as it does slashing blows from a blade.

Weapons-A steel longsword that he wields in his right hand, with a typical leather wrapped hilt and a slightly curving crossguard. A round pommel holds a small emerald gemstone.

Known Spells-Noone

Misc. gear (clothing/jewellery/etc.) A dark traveling cloak,venison, waterskin, a few dozen septims, bandages.

Personality-Open and friendly, but he dislikes being questioned about his past, and will often become quiet and withdrawn if pressed. In secret, he seeks knowledge about his past life, and how he got the dozens of scars that cover his body. He's respectful of the law, to a point. If the law allows injustices, he will take action, even if it means putting himself in danger. He cares very little for tyrants and cowards.

Likes-The sound of rushing water, silence of night, and a good wine.

Dislikes- Crowds, arrogance, racists, tyrants.

Combat Preference- While he is comfortable fighting with both hands, he prefers the plain longsword, wielding it in a practice two handed grip. He's practiced with both blades for many years, in fact many more than he knows. He cannot explain his skill with the blade, but he knows that he is next to useless with a bow, throwing weapons, and magic, unusually for a breton. He dominates one on one combat, and can handle two to three others, but against magic or archers, he must rely on his companions or his ability to close the distance quickly.

Background- Orphaned at a young age, Merric was brought up by an order of reclusive assassins, operating out of the northern High Rock city of Jehenna. While he was provided with a roof over his head, food, and drink, the young breton did not have an easy life. He was trained to move silently through the shadows, and strike with brutal efficiency. But more than that, he was tutored by one of the best swordsmen fund throughout High Rock. When he reached his eighteenth birthday, he was assigned his first target. A veteran knight of the order of the Raven.

The man was found beheaded come dawn. For three years, Merric was used as a silent, hidden blade, silencing the enemies of his masters, and being told that he was working towards a 'greater good'. When the young breton finally found the truth, his rage was great. He confronted his former mentor, and the two engaged in a brutal duel. Before he could land a killing blow, his mentor struck, striking his forehead and knocking him unconcious.

As the assassins could not risk Merrics' body being discovered on the side of a road or in the wilderness, they tossed his body into the sea, secure in the knowledge the frigid water would finish the promising young killer. And it would have, if not for the crew of a small fishing vessel, that happened to be passing by. Slowly, they nursed Merric back to health, and discovered, as he did, that he had not memory of his life, besides being pulled from the sea several weeks earlier.

For the next four years, the breton wandered the land, offering his skills as a swordsman to any who needed it. He built a reputation for himself, but never claimed credit for his deeds. When news of the disappearances in Skyrim reached him, he sets out hoping to be of some help, and grateful for a purpose in life.

Dialogue colour- Blue

Last edited:

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    So my intro's up. Hopefully there's no problems with it, and I assume we're using white for npc dialogue?

Harkatti

Sorceress Supreme!
    Well, I have a little bit on intro figured out, but so far it's just a paragraph or so and relies on Dren waking her up. So...you should post, if that's alright with you.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    I think I'll let Harkatti make her post before I make mine. Just seems like it would flow better that way, rather than interrupting you guys.

Morbidbread

Fight for the lost
    Should have my own intro up a little later today. Is anyone else planning their intros? If so I'll hold off.

TheArgonianDrell

I'll have the introductions for Sothas and Aylira up in a few.

Rafen

Any objections if I have Dren leave the room and join Zarr? Or will that disrupt anyone's intro/ posting order?

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    I'll probably have my intro up tomorrow morning sometimes.

Thesius

The Imperial Paladin
    I can reply in a couple hours or so. Once I get off work.

Andre Marek

You can run, but you'll only die tired...
    I'll get a response up today. Not sure when exactly though.

Rell

Champion of Malacath!
    Hold up. Kaliir just left the dude there with his guts hanging out? That's a little cruel.

TheShadedOne

The Angry One
    Yep. Kaliir isn't really a nice person. And she's a littlebit of a hippocrite.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts