Private OOC: Seeking Answers

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, and welcome to our roleplaying section. Please take some time to read two of these useful resources below, if you're already a roleplaying expert, then there's no need to read the following beginner's guide, but be sure to read the rules.

Free Form Role Playing Guide for Beginners
    JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    [18+] [Not Recruiting]
    Seeking Answers
    By: Specter of Death, Hlif 'Ulfr and Valin Oakthorn
    [IC THREAD COMING SOON]

~----------------------------------------------------------------~
    34_mar_by_lukemajewski-d2r3mzi.jpg

"There are no easy answers, but there are simple answers. We must have the courage to do what we know is morally right." - Ronald Reagan

Many things are known about the world of Nirn, home of Tamriel and it's vast inhabitants. It's endless variety of beauty and sights, the history it's lands hold, and the travesties that have not only stained the world, but the other worlds connected to it. The masterminds called Daedra, who possess god-like power and dark magicka, have caused the world changing events that constantly plague mortal existence. For each of these Daedra, and their scourge on the world, there has always been heroes dedicated to defeating them. All of which have been successful in their quest for peace, until history itself is repeated once more.

But, what seems to be unknown, and ignored, are the hundreds of mysteries left unsolved. Events without answers, deaths without justice, families left incomplete and sorrowful. These types of things are blindly put aside out of fear and selfishness, only to be forgotten by most. However, there are those scattered in nine provinces, who hold the ability and the urge to unearth the answers no others dare to find. These individuals, who challenge this fear of discovery, are a small flicker of hope to those who cannot ignore the times of struggle, and the true heroes to those who would otherwise be left to mourn, or left to be forgotten.

So who will you be? Just another mortal dedicated to ignoring the issues and sadness of others? Or will you have the courage and willingness to do what all beings know is right?

Each of us; adventurers, warriors, and mercenaries alike, all have something driving us to help those who need it most. Whether it be gold, fame or just the feeling you get from making others happy, something inside urges us to find answers and make things right.

Wherever we find ourselves in Skyrim, one thing seems to be on everyone's mind, despite how hard they try to ignore it. People are disappearing, yet nobody dares to understand or investigate. With the civil war, and the dragon crisis bringing chaos to the province, most refuse to even speak about it, out of fear of what the consequences could be.

You choose how you learn of this mystery, where you start, and your motivations behind seeking the answers no others seem interested enough to find.

Cast of Writers & Characters (w/links)
    Specter of Death.......................Umbren Soul-Scorn
    Valin Oakthorn.......................Jesper Oaken-Heart
    CapObvious.......................Maere Gale-Caller
    Shadowkitty.......................Lilith
    Hlif'Ulfr......................._______

Last edited:

Valin Oakthorn

Vagabond Extraordinaire
    Jesper Oaken-Heart
    The Young Buck
    tumblr_nqh5mclLXQ1qml60mo1_500.jpg

It's pouring down rain on your head as you enter the Bannered Mare. You're instantly greeted by a gust of heat and the overwhelming stench of mead. You were never one for nights in the tavern but for tonight it's where you plan to spend your evening.

As you make your way in a middle aged nord opens his oddly shaped mouth.

"What's a pretty girl like yourself doing out there in the rain?"

You ignore him and make your way to a seat by the fire. The inn is full and there's dozens of people all around you. Despite this you can only seem to focus on one. A hooded figure sits silently by the fire, quietly strumming a lute along with the song the bard plays.

Basics
    Name: Jesper Oaken-Heart
    Aliases: J, JOH, Jesper
    Sex: Male
    Sexuality: Straight
    Race: Nord. However, his father was a redguard giving him a few traits from that lineage.
    Born: Falkreath, Skyrim
    Lives: All around, constantly traveling.
    Family: His father was a traveling mercenary redguard, and his mother was a young nord woman in falkreath. He also has a half sister, Brynli, a few years younger than him. His uncle was a bard, and has a book floating around skyrim.
    Relationships: Many many women, of whom who can rarely remember the name.

Appearance
    Between songs the figure takes down his hood, revealing his face. At first, his dark hair and sharper features cause you to almost mistake him for an imperial. He's not bulky nor large like a Nord. However, his features, however sharp, still show the strength of his winter kin, and there's no mistaking the eyes of a nord. A smile paints his face as he catches you staring a moment too long. He pushes his hair out of his face between strums, and, after an almost unnoticeable wink, turns his attention back to the song.

Eyes: Stormy dark gray, with a hint of blue to them
    Hair: Thick, wavy, and medium-long. It is parted far to the side and is long enough to hang down by his face. Dark brown, almost black due to his redguard father.
    Height: 6'2. Short for a nord, once again thanks to his father
    Build: Sleek, well defined, and agile. Obviously strong and muscular, but not as bulky as the average nord.
    2evzscm.jpg

Personality
    Before long he has retired the lute to his back and made his way to the bar. When he returns, two drinks in hand, he finds his new seat next to you. You're flattered but hesitant as hands you one of the drinks.

"Relax, I'm not gonna drug you." He says through a smirk, proceeding to take a drink of your glass.

You give in and accept it. As you put the mead to your mouth you notice the excellent quality, expensive. You're impressed. You've never been much of a conversationalist, but the night flies by with this man. You sit and listen to his stories of the imperial city, to elseweyr, to the summerset isles, and even more. He never goes to long before cracking a joke. He's charming and and you find yourself truly enjoying his company. You catch him glance at his own reflection in the window now and then, but you don't mind. We can all be a little conceited.

Traits: Witty, clever, charming, relaxed. He's quick to start up a conversation, and can be slow to end it, especially ones with attractive women. Sexual, and pleasure-seeking, he's always a sucker for a pretty face. Independent and doesn't like being controlled.
    Flaws: Arrogant, and selfish. He's in love with himself, but also insecure. Talks too much, and constantly makes jokes. He constantly talks himself into trouble, but also talks himself out.
    Ambitions: Gain coin, women, travel, live his life.
    Fears: Claustrophobic, Big Men that are angry at him. Spiders. Not being in control of his life.
    Hobbies: Women, drinking, music, thievery at times.
    Likes: Coin, pleasure, women, khajiit, skooma, sex, adventure, stories, a good joke, conversation, himself.
    Dislikes: Fighting civilians (people he's not willing to kill), stronger men, stronger women, smarter men, smarter women, anything gross, Illusion magic.

Gear & Fighting Style
    Suddenly it's the end of the night and you find yourself making your way back to his room. It's the nice one above the bar in the inn. You had most definitely not planned on spending the night in another person's room, but you don't mind. He's handsome and charming, and you're not worried.

As you enter the room a few things catch your eyes. You make your way around it to look at a few things. He has a bow leaning next to the door that you ignore out of fear that you'll break it. You find a leather journal next to his bed that he quickly pulls you away from. There's an opened backpack sitting on a chair, with a few things sitting on the table next to it. There's a few rings and necklaces, a fire starter, and a sleeping back that had been laid out to dry, along with a few black bottles that you don't recognize.

You're tour of the room ends as swiftly as it began when his lips reach your neck. You're kissing each other, and you feel his neck for the tie to his cloak. It falls to the ground, better revealing the sleeveless leather chest piece he has on. He has a short sword attached to his belt along with several pouches and a knife you feel on the back of his belt. He sits down on the bed, and takes a moment to to undo the latches and ties holding the ribbed chest piece onto him. While he does that, you slip off your shoes and take off his black leather boots. His chest piece soon finds itself near the cloak, and as your unbutton his shirt you pause for a moment.

"What's your name?" You ask.

He pauses for a moment as well.

"Jesper Oaken-Heart," He says with a grin. "and yours?"

Weapons: His bow, a short sword, and curved knife.
    Apparel: Black canvas cloak, A ribbed leather chest piece, a white cloth button down shirt. Several pouches. Black matte leather pants. Black leather boots.
    Misc: A backpack, a lute now and then, wood cutting axe, lots of coin, various other bits and bobs.
    Magic: He is not proficient in magic, dislikes illusion magic and isn't fond of other forms.
    Fighting style: Jesper would rather talk his way to the door and run like the wind then end up fighting for his life with someone he doesn't want to kill. However, if a fight is necessary he can be quite proficient. He's good with a bow, and is remarkable at almost simultaneously using it along with his short sword. His dagger is used mostly as a back up. He'll fire arrows until the enemy is too close, at which point he is a relatively skilled swordsman, using speed and his quickness rather than brute strength.

radan_the_rogue_by_robertogatto-d7zllth.png

Autobiography

My name is Jesper Oaken-Heart. On this paper shall be written my life story, as far as I am willing to tell. I will place this in my now empty bottle of mead and toss it down the river. I've had many, but this was my last one, and it was by far my favorite. It is my hope that some beautiful woman will read this and be so intrigued that she will search all of Skyrim for me. I have spent many nights with many women, and there has yet to be one that has chased after me or asked me to stay. Although, I'm unsure I would have agreed to stay in the first place. Despite this, if one would really put in the effort, I would have no choice but to commit myself to her, as I am not an easy man to find. Anyway, on with the story.

Twenty-four years ago I was born in Falkreath, Skyrim. A dreary town full of rain and the dead. My mother was a simple barkeep, and sister to a dead bard. My father on the other hand was a man of true adventure, or at least I've been told as such. He was a redguard. My mother only knew him for a night, but he told quite the stories. He was a pirate turned mercenary, traveling tamriel in search of a treasure that would support him for a lifetime. While there was no love that night, my mother took quite the interest in him and learned all she could in their short time together.

Though my father left the next day, never to be seen again, I came along nine months later.

It is now that I will pause, under the assumption that you are not quite as well traveled as I am. So here I will explain to you the occurrences when two different races come together to make a child. It's rather simple actually. You follow the characteristics of your mother. As such, I am a nord, due to my mother being as such. However, you will take certain characteristics, from your father. For example, I have darker skin and hair than the majority of nords. I'm shorter, and more sleek and defined than bulky.

Anyway, where was I? I came along nine months later. Childhood and teenage years came along, which were rather unimportant, but my sister was born during that. My mother had settled down with a farmer and had her. We have never been very close. She gives me a place to stay when I'm in Solitude, and while things are not bad, I wouldn't count on her to spread my ashes.

That is my fault though. I left young. The independent mind of a redguard mixed with the bravery of a nord were the perfect ingredients, and I left as soon as I was a man. That was when I began the life that I live to this day. I've made money a variety of different ways, and I've seen a great deal of places. I know a lot of things, and I've met a lot of people.

That is my story, and I look forward to hearing yours.

-J.O.H.

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Hlif and I are working on our updated versions of Re and Li. They are back and gonna be better than ever, and as a duo and dual CC once again. :D (we were kinda bummed we didn't get to use them much in Conquer II)

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    Man, I can already tell this is going to be amazing. So excited. I'll finish up my cc ('s) and post soon.

Speaking of which, would you prefer just one character, or could I push my luck for two? :D

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Man, I can already tell this is going to be amazing. So excited. I'll finish up my cc ('s) and post soon.

Speaking of which, would you prefer just one character, or could I push my luck for two? :D

I would say just one, considering that there are only 5 missing people (thus far. More info will be given just before the story starts and CC's are all up), one meant to intrigue each person? if that makes sense, I will give more info later. And it would make things far less complicated and more lax.

I hope that doesn't ruin anything for you :oops:

CapObvious

A Rotten Scroungeral
    That's more than reasonable! No worries. It's definitely not a deal breaker. :D

It'll make things easier on the cc front as well, also. Haha

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Yes good, I am glad that you understand. It will all make more sense and be more clear once CC's are up and we start getting ready to begin the journey!

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    So I'm kind of stuck here without my pictures for my CC. I'll start writing it though and try to get it posted then insert the pics when I get home this afternoon.

That's okay, we aren't really in any rush for visual aid! Plus, I am sure your CC will be more than enough to paint your character perfectly for us!!! :)

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    So I'm kind of stuck here without my pictures for my CC. I'll start writing it though and try to get it posted then insert the pics when I get home this afternoon.

That's okay, we aren't really in any rush for visual aid! Plus, I am sure your CC will be more than enough to paint your character perfectly for us!!! :)
    Nope.. I am a perfectionist.. I must have it complete! So there, you will just have to wait :p <3

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member

Nope.. I am a perfectionist.. I must have it complete! So there, you will just have to wait :p <3

:rolleyes::p Well, I can understand that. I was just saying, that your writing skills would have been enough because you're awesome and pictures wouldn't need to be there for it to be perfect. BUT, if you don't think it is your best without, then I can't wait to see what your perfect CC is, even MORE than before.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

:rolleyes::p Well, I can understand that. I was just saying, that your writing skills would have been enough because you're awesome and pictures wouldn't need to be there for it to be perfect. BUT, if you don't think it is your best without, then I can't wait to see what your perfect CC is, even MORE than before.
    By Talos! Now you're making me nervous. Jeez my CC had better be top notch! :p

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member

By Talos! Now you're making me nervous. Jeez my CC had better be top notch! :p

It will be top notch, no matter what you give. Trust me when I say that, you are NATURALLY talented. :cowboy:

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
    upload_2016-2-24_18-1-50.png
    Name: Lillith

Race: Nord

Aliases: People called her "The Wild Huntress"

Class: Hunter, archer, adventurer

Sex: Female

Sexuality: Loves the company of men

Born: Unknown. Somewhere near Riften.

Lives: In an abandoned tree house outside Riverwood that overlooks the valley and Whiterun

Family: One brother (estranged) she remembers only as Edd. They were separated when she was very young.

Relationships: None currently. Will occasionally take a lover for the night (or two).

upload_2016-2-24_18-3-47.png
    Appearance:

Eyes: very open and soulful, or half closed and sultry. Depends on her mood. Light brown in colour with long lashes.

Hair: Light brown, cut to just past shoulder length in wispy layers and swept to the side. Sometimes it gets quite messy.

Height: Average height for a Nord. Well... maybe just a little shorter.

Build: Lithe but still curvy in all the right places. She has a few scars on her body (none of particular note though) and callouses on her hands from using a bow most of her life. She knows she is pretty, from what she's been told, but she doesn't really care for such things. Carries herself well and has an almost animalistic grace to her movements. Her skin is nicely tanned from living out doors.

Apparel: Simple leather and cloth armour with various belts and pouches to house potions, and weapons. Flexible and light for easy movement and stealth. She will wear a simple white tunic top to sleep in if it is safe enough. She dons a travellers cloak with a deep hood in cooler weather which also serves as a blanket when she needs to sleep out doors. (see picture) Not pictured is her boots which are brown leather and studded with a couple of buckles on the sides.

upload_2016-2-24_18-5-33.png
    Misc: backpack with food, a couple of healing potions, white tunic top (for sleeping in). Winter cloak if needed. A couple of her favourite gems, a small amount of coin. light suede gloves. Sharpening stone.

Traits: Thoughtful, independent, graceful, intuitive, sensual, patient

Flaws: Not very sociable except when she wants to be. Is a little obsessed with gems. Has a temper.

Ambitions: All she wants to do is live her life hunting...maybe collect more gems.

Hobbies: if you call hunting for a living a hobby. Collecting gems, swimming, men

Likes: Clear water, hunting, shiny things, men, dancing alone.

Dislikes: Children, being the centre of attention, wolves, bandits

Weapons: Bow, skinning knife, ebony dagger

Magic: Has no need for magic and never tried.

Fighting style: Lillith is very light in her feet, a swift runner and able to climb a tree quite quickly. She is extremely patient and will wait for hours for her prey. She prefers to sneak attack with bow, but in close quarters melee fighting she can resort to hand to hand with her dagger or skinning knife. Has never killed a human/mer etc..

Bio: Living in Skyrim can be brutal and that was true enough for Lillith. She has no memories of her parents and only recalls her brother, whom she called Edd, very vaguely. Lillith lived a small, insignificant life in an orphanage in Riften until she was old enough to just simply leave and so she packed up her meagre belongings and headed into the wilds. She travelled across the land, scavenging food when she could, honing her skills in stealth while looting clothing, weapons, and other supplies until she stumbled into Riverwood and befriended a hunter. She pestered him until he relented and took her out on his hunting expeditions and taught her how to use a bow and prepare animal skins for selling.

Lillith was never comfortable living in the small settlement though, and one day during some exploring of the area, to her delight, found an abandoned treehouse just outside Riverwood. So she settled down there, hunting in the surrounding forests, using the skins she made to make her home comfortable, and then selling the rest for supplies. She will travel across Skyrim depending on the seasons and where her quarry takes her, stopping in towns to sell her wares and for a little bit of companionship before she continues on her way. She always eventually returns to her treehouse as it is the only place that makes her feel like she truly belongs.

upload_2016-2-24_18-8-59.png
    Lillith's dialogue colour is this. (7th column, 3rd row)
    All picture credits goes to ME! Yes, they are mine.

Last edited:

Specter of Death

Omnipresent Moderator
    Staff member
    Wonderful Kitty!!! I LOVE IT! Perfect, just as I expected it to be.

So now, if I am correct, we have one Warrior/Tank, two sneaky archers, one ranger/ladies man, and one more charcter to look forward to!!

Idk when Hlif and my CC will be complete. But I am hoping within the next few days if our business subsides before the week's end!

Good job guys. I am getting more and more excited with each bit of progress we make!!!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts