Okay so whats the deal with these vampire attacks?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

MrDSL

I started a new character and I just wanna know exactly when the random vampire attacks start?

I get really fustrated when town people get killed off because there is barely enough people in town as it is and its usually always the outside armor people who get wasted and I use those guys a lot.

So I'm trying to get a bead on when they start or what makes them start so i can either avoid it or if I can't avoid it then I may just have to start it and finish it and try not to visit town..

Haru17

Lost Falmer
Just always fast travel to a city's gates, as that's where the attackers usually are, and you'll be good to go. Also, don't darken the sun unless you want the entire city murdered by vampires...

Pete

For me they usually start around level 9. For some reason they seem to happen lot when I leave the inn in riverwood. Usually the blacksmith gets killed. I always become a vamp and they still occur and will attack me. If the encounter is outside of town I leave them be, in town yes - you've got to take em out quick.

jcurr25

The attacks are a pain in the butt and seem to just happen randomly to me when I travel to cities. The worst part for me is when I take out my bow and try to shoot one(lvl 100 archery with all the perks, bow does 470 damage + 78 shock + 78 fire) and I miss and hit a guard, and then get a bounty for assault and have to load my last save or get stolen goods taken, which I refuse to let happen(at some point I stole some daedric arrows so now when I get arrested my whole stock gets taken).

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Hey Jcurr25, if you want to use your bow to kill vampires, your best option is to use your Slow Time shout before. Once you shout it, you have plenty of time to kill in slow motion at least 3 vampires before the shout effect expire. I don't think you will miss hitting a vampire by using this shout.
Regarding they are attacking towns and killing innocent people, that's explain the fact they are public enemies and hated by every single human one. Also, there is not way to avoid them even if you fast travel. They will show up eventually at night or during daylight and kill somebody that you do not want to loose. I lost the merchant in Riverwood and that is not helping me in the game bc this guy is the only one who have 10k in his pocket to buy stuff from you. So I had to reload the game and what I do now is to sneak before I fast travel with my bow or weapon draw. Once I show up in that town, if I see any vampire, I use my slow time shout and I go from there. The only way to avoid they show up suddenly and kill innocent people, is to finish the Dawnguard main quest and kill the freaking Harkon.
Once you are done with him, they will stop showing up but before, you must protect those that are important in the game like all blacksmiths. I lost the merchant in Riverwood, the blacksmith in Riverwood, the blacksmith lady in Whiterun and the blacksmith in Riften. That's too much and I could continue allowing that so as I said before, I had to reload my game to the point where I had not loose anyone yet and use the tactic I told you. It did work fine for me and now that I killed Harkon, they are on the run and being hunted by me.

ShadowHunter

For me they started around level 8 or 9. You get the opportunity to join the Dawnguard when you reach level 10

GratuitousViolets

PS3 Addict
The vampire attacks are a pain in the backside. And yes, it is ALWAYS generally the quest NPCs or the Armor NPCs (i.e. the ones that you can actually get a good use out of) that just run like little lambs to the slaughter!).

For example: Adrianne Avenecci "Oh, here's a terribly powerful vampire with a thrall and several large hell hounds...oh, but let me slice them with my IRON DAGGER which is the equivalent to poking a giant with a matchstick!".

Seriously what IS the point?! Why can't they just go hide?! Do they have a wish to be part of a Vampire's buffet?

Naginata

Huntress of the Shadows
It's rather fun to see a bunch of totally unskilled NPCs barging in to fight these vampires. They clearly can't tell that even the guards are having trouble with them, and are like, "Sure, I'll walk straight to my execution!" And then they're dead. Or I have to work hard to keep the fluffers alive. I'd rather just let em die for being so naive, lol. :p

Chadonraz

The Riften folks are more than capable of taking out the usual Master Vampire + two Thralls group. I never got a chance to participate, because everyone was at the marketplace beating the crap out of the attackers.

Brynjolf fled before it was over, though. Coward. He even screamed.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
The Riften folks are more than capable of taking out the usual Master Vampire + two Thralls group. I never got a chance to participate, because everyone was at the marketplace beating the crap out of the attackers.

That’s explain why he has survived that long and want you to become the Master Guild; he is afraid of the freaking Vex and the bold guy. By the way I tried to kill them but they simply don’t die ... what a freaking pity ! :mad:

Adam Warlock

One way to help protect vendors without console commands is to level up Pickpocket and get the Perfect Touch perk.
Blacksmiths , etc. can then be given powerful weapons (Absorb Health enchant highly recommended) that they will use to defend themselves in these situations.
Even after the vampire attacks abate when Harkon is stopped , dragons will still present a major threat to the populace , especially outside the walled cities.
For instance , my Riverwood blacksmith Alvor is now equipped with a Daedric Sword of the Vampire , a shield with extra health and magic resistance pinned on it , and a crossbow with fire and shock damage.

Many NPC do not carry bows so their first reaction is to charge into melee with whatever hand weapon they carry.
Equipped with a bow , they will often seek range between themselves and their attackers , thereby making it easier for you to dispose of the vamps/dragons without collateral damage.

Jaeger

On my thief playthrough, I had to return to Riften and talk to Maven; she had 2 hellhounds and a master vamp at her feet. Witch is BAD!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts