[Official] Skyrim/Elder Scrolls Debate Thread

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
This is a thread for any kind of debate that can turn up from Skyrim, or any of the Elder Scroll games. Are the Nords racist? Did you kill or not kill Cicero? Who really stole your sweetroll? These are important questions that can be discussed and debated.

Note:

Now, while the Civil War debate can be brought up in here, it's main thread can also still be used. This thread should be used for the other or minor debates that seem to come up in the Civil War thread.

Rules:

1. Make sure to quote or tag the person you are debating with. Since multiple debates could be going on at the same time, this can ease confusion and misinformation.

2. Please refrain from using GIF or other Internet meme images in your arguments/posts. All posts should be well thought out. (I need to practice this myself)

3. Please try to type as coherently as possible so others can understand what kind of points and arguments you are trying to make.

4. No flaming or flame baiting.

5. HAVE FUN!

First topic to be debated/discussed: (Feel free to offer up your own topic)

Who did you personally side with more in the Dark Brotherhood Questline. Astrid or Cicero/Night Mother. Who do you think was helping the Brotherhood survive better?

The Nords are not racist. There are racist Nords, that's not to be debated, but that doesn't make the entire race racist. The very idea is racist in, and of itself.

Likewise, not all Altmer are Thatmor, any more than all Thalmor are Altmer. (Ok, in game they are, but the Bosmeri are members of the AD, and I've role played a Wood Elf Thalmor.)

Poodles are dogs, but not all dogs are poodles. Don't tell me you've never seen a Racist Elf?

Jersey Dagmar

The Nords are not racist. There are racist Nords, that's not to be debated, but that doesn't make the entire race racist. The very idea is racist in, and of itself.

Likewise, not all Altmer are Thatmor, any more than all Thalmor are Altmer. (Ok, in game they are, but the Bosmeri are members of the AD, and I've role played a Wood Elf Thalmor.)

Poodles are dogs, but not all dogs are poodles. Don't tell me you've never seen a Racist Elf?

There will always be individuals that are racist. In Oblivion this was shown a lot better. You would meet so many people and most for usually nice. However, you came across a few exceptions that were way too high on themselves.

nogz

I agree.

And besides if you want to see racism you will see it everywhere, and as far as I can tell there are "racists" in every race in Tamriel. There is the dunmer racist in Windhelm, there are some nord racists there too, ofc the Dominion and its agents and so on. But Nords in general are not racists and please before you go on about the "segregation" of the dark elves in Windhelm, grow up. What do you want them to do? Give them all the best houses and state benefits like most of the governments irl, so they can leech off that forever?? As one dunmer who works in the stables of Windhelm put it - "The best way for us to win the Nords' respect is through hard work". They should be happy there are letting them live there in the first place, why should the Nords take them anyway, why not go back from where you came from? Oh, that's right, it's all destroyed. Though s, deal with it. To put it simply Ulfric wants to free Skyrim from the Empire cos he sees it for the weak power and the puppet of the Dominion that it is. Not much would change for the other races living there, only the Empire wouldn't be able to leech off the resources of Skyrim and Ulfric can begin planing the destruction of the wretched elves of the Dominion who are the real racists in this fantasy world anyway..

Jersey Dagmar

Sooo, (. )(. ) Talos, ( .)( .) Man, or Divine?

Hard to say really. It's established that the gods of Tamerial are very much real. And that Talos was a man who became a god. I suppose in terms of lore, he is a divine, now anyway.

Hard to say really. It's established that the gods of Tamerial are very much real. And that Talos was a man who became a god. I suppose in terms of lore, he is a divine, now anyway.
You're being entirely too reasonable to debate. You have to chose a position, and defend it. That's kind of how it works...

Jersey Dagmar

You're being entirely too reasonable to debate. You have to chose a position, and defend it. That's kind of how it works...

I'm not going to debate against my own personal viewpoint. Besides, this is also a place for discussion among the debating. If this thread doesn't go anywhere, so be it. It can die in the abyss of the forum. :D

El Fonz0

So... Heimskr.

That is all.

Just trying to help. While I consider myself a Master Debater, this is one activity that can't be done by yourself. You need a partner, where's Dagmar when we need her?

El Fonz0

You need a partner, where's Dagmar when we need her?
That sentence could easily be seen as something sexual.

Also, probably not the best place to ask this, but how do I change the "size" of a picture? Because I want a picture of Vyrthur as my profile picture.

Docta Corvina

Now this is debatable. There are some highly attractive Bretons out there, as well as Redguards. And a couple of Altmer.

This is true. However, by and large, Imperials have the highest percentage of gorgeous men by default. Seriously, it's like part of being an Imperial is being delicious.

Jersey Dagmar

This is true. However, by and large, Imperials have the highest percentage of gorgeous men by default. Seriously, it's like part of being an Imperial is being delicious.

LOL that's an opinion, not fact. But, you already knew that. :p Though I will give the Imperials credit for having an amazing culture.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts