Official P.A.H.A.A.A. Thread

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
Decent reasons to don the scaly hide, says you? Lemme throw a handful at you, Irishman.

If Looks Could Kill - And They Often Do

The thing about playing an Argonian is that you look friggin' awesome! You're not one of those air-sucking landstriders that cast judgment and racial slurs while fighting one another over trivial bullcheese. You might have horns (with fancy rings on them!) or feathers, and should you choose to become a vampire? You'll get a pair of gnarly-sweet fangs to complete the look. Someone who hails from the Emerald Isle should be able to appreciate the a green color-scheme that Argonians offer (Orcs can also be green, but they don't get much greener than "dirty olive.")

Racial Power - And Then Some

Let me just blow your mind with something here... it's called "Histskin," and it's hands-down the best racial power. You recover health ten times a whole minute! It's absolutely perfect for those times that you lurk into the lair of some gnarly boss. You know you're about to lose health during this scuffle, so you activate that bad mama-jama and you're safer than a babe in arms.

Water-Breathing - Kicking Ass Aquaman-Style

And yes, there are times when even the Histskin won't cover you. We've all been in fights that graduate into brawls, that somehow evolve into full-on brouhahas! If the plops hits the fan, one option that's always on the table for Argonians is the water-breathing. Barely any of Skyrim's baddies are so intense and kill-crazy that they'll follow you into the water. So run for the waves, and hide in the deepest spot! You'll be safer than a babe in arms, Irishman! In addition, it's pretty handy to be a water-breathing alchemist. I'm always on the lookout for Silverside Perch to make one my most lethal poisons (combined with Red Mountain Flower and Skeever Tail,) and those little beauties don't exactly grow on land. Finally, if you fancy the dark art of zombie-raising, it's always a blast to kill and then ressurect a couple horkers, so that you may have your own personal unholy navy.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I do love the green, infact most of the colours that you can apply as an argonian look pretty sweet and very different from the other races. Iv done the customization screen once with the lizard people and found the green and purple looks very effective! Im also a horny type of person ;)

Im terrible at using greater powers, i always think 'aw i might save that coz im not dead yet and i may need it later in the day' in saying that, having quickly regenerating health sounds very handy.

waterbreathing has never been a big draw card for me though, between the spell, the potion and the fact that you can hold your breath for a reasonable amount of time anyway, it just doesnt seem that fantastic. Although i will reserve judgement for when i don the scaly hide!

An army of undead horkers??

OMG, i have to try that! I do love to reanimate and iv raised a few wierd and wonderful things in my time but NEVER a horker!

Anyways thanks for the insight Zolo-Shea, i think you may have me sold:beermug: cheers!

The Phoenician

Shiney, let's be bad guys.
Similar to you I started my love of the Argonians on a whim at the character creation screen.

As far as Histskin and water breathing go. Water breathing is something you probably won’t use much but it’s really nice to have when you need it. Also it gives you an excuse to use lakes and rivers as short cuts.

Histskin is a wonderful thing. When clearing a particularly rough Cave/dungeon /fort I am not above using it and the waiting 24 hours before moving on.

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
Hear, hear! Histskin has saved my thinly-armored bacon more than a few times, especially this assassin I've started. She didn't wear anything but ragged robes and a hood for the longest time, at the cost of quite a bit of blood. Without the Histskin, she'd have been toasted more times than I care to count (daggers versus war hammers get me in all kinds of trouble when I'm in close quarters.)

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
I do love the green, infact most of the colours that you can apply as an argonian look pretty sweet and very different from the other races. Iv done the customization screen once with the lizard people and found the green and purple looks very effective! Im also a horny type of person ;)

Many times I've tried to make a tan/brown desert look, but I always end up going for the green in the end. Maybe one of these days I'll stick to my guns, and make an Argonian worthy of Hammerfell. And I totally agree with you on the horns, I'm fond of the decorated look. Putting rings on your horns just looks awesome.

I've done the Thieves Guild quest where you're expected to lean on Keerava, and now everytime I go to the Bee & Barb, she and her man scowl at me. Is there a egg-brother friendly way of completing this task? I realize working up the Thieves Guild street cred is important, but Argonian brotherhood is kind of a big deal to me.

Snake-Brother282

The Saxhleel Slayer
Hey there everyone, new to the forums, this is clearly the place to be for argonian fanatics, so I thought I'd ask around here. I'm in the process of creating the backstory for my first RP character and was wondering if there's any more info on the various Argonian tribal cultures than what's presented on the wiki?

Harc

Big Hog
Hey there everyone, new to the forums, this is clearly the place to be for argonian fanatics, so I thought I'd ask around here. I'm in the process of creating the backstory for my first RP character and was wondering if there's any more info on the various Argonian tribal cultures than what's presented on the wiki?
I am not a member of the PAHAAA, but I will say that either skies, or Buffington BTtle born will reply, I haven't seen captain nag anywhere lately. He's been having a tough time. But hey, this argonian community here is full of great people, take the time to meet them and talk to them personally if you can!

The Phoenician

I found this article http://tamrielfoundry.com/2013/02/examining-argonians/ Not sure if it helps but i found it interesting.

XIIGenocide

The Scaled Arcanist

Its not really cultural, but I based my Argonian around the An-Xileel, around the time of the Oblivion Crisis they were said to be the most ruthless daedra hunters, often charging into the oblivion gates and fighting the Daedra on there own turf, forcing Dagon to have to close the gates.

Snake-Brother282

The Saxhleel Slayer

Its not really cultural, but I based my Argonian around the An-Xileel, around the time of the Oblivion Crisis they were said to be the most ruthless daedra hunters, often charging into the oblivion gates and fighting the Daedra on there own turf, forcing Dagon to have to close the gates.

Thanx Genocide! It's actually quite helpful, I also considered the idea of giving my Saxhleel wanderer (Yogg-Snake-Brother) a backstory that connected him to the An-Xileel, but as he was removed from Argonia at a young age, I coundnt find a way to make it sound feasible lol

Snake-Brother282

The Saxhleel Slayer

I found this article http://tamrielfoundry.com/2013/02/examining-argonians/ Not sure if it helps but i found it interesting.

Oops my bad, sorry Phoenix, I meant to say thank YOU, (just crawled outve the bedroll haven't had m'coffee)

Snake-Brother282

The Saxhleel Slayer

I thought so too, I'm actually beginning to really appreciate the lack of specific info on Argonian culture. It's just kind of amazing to me that there's a race of people who have existed for as long as they have, they're integrated (to a degree) into the overall landscape of Tamriel, yet they're still kind of an enigma to the rest of the world.

The Phoenician

Yeah I wish there was a little more info On the Shadowscales though.

AS88

Staff member

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
What is this noise!?
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.385745-Skyrim-What-are-argonians-good-for
Has anyone had to deal with this noise firsthand? I apologize to any members that are or have been affected by this collection of degenerate, useless hatred. That's all it is. It's hate. And I'm sorry, my babies. My children. Hist-siblings, your upper-management PAHAAA secret council of the three or so (a.k.a. tha Sekret Cabaal of the $erpent--working title) are pitching ideas for an official PAHAA emblem or logo, so that we can progress--as a group--to the next level: TATTOOS. Who's down?? Throw a knife on the table if you're getting a PAHAAA tattoo with the rest of us. Obviously, I'm getting one. Probably on my crotch, so I have a persistant reason to shave my crotch. I need to shave my crotch more often (horrible rash.)

If it ain't Hist, I'm pissed. Zolo-Shea out.

P.S. - Were-Croc pics to come, tee-hee! Stares-At-Stares is my champion now. #hircine<3love

Zolo-Shea

Lizard Wizard
Shadowscale

1 part random green Kool-Aid flavor
1 part random hard alcohol

Combine green Kool-Aid and whatever's in your alcohol cabinet in a highball glass. Drink it completely. Allow a solitary tear to run down your cheek as you consider your life's regrets.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts