Spoiler [Official List] Characters that can and can not die...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Jersey Dagmar

Just in time for the fiyahworks show! BOOM!
Alright, so I figured I'd set up a list of followers that can die while fighting alongside you, and ones that appear to be immortal and take anything that is dished out.
I'm going to need help compiling this list, so if anyone has any input, please post! I'll edit in your information and give you credit!
Thanks to jam who has contributed!
Giving me a name is only a start, I need to know if they can or can not be killed and where or how to obtain them as a follower.
POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Followers that Can Not Die
-Cicero, can be obtained through the Dark Brotherhood Questline. Only if not killed.
-The Dark Brotherhood Initiate male/female, can be obtained by fully completely the Dark Brotherhood Questline
*-Mjoll the Lioness, can be obtained by retrieving her sword for her.
Followers that Can Die
-Lydia, can be obtained by becoming a Thane in Whiterun
*-Farkas, can be obtained after completing the Companions Quests(Possibly immortal until you finish the Purity Quest)
*-Vilkas, can be obtained after completing the Companions Quests(Possibly immortal until you finish the Purity Quest)
*-Aela, can be obtained after completing the Companions Quests(Possibly immortal until you finish the Totem Quests)
-Athis can be obtained after completing the Companions Quests
-Jordis the Snow-Maiden, can be obtained by becoming Thane of Solitude
Miscellaneous
-Barbas, an additional follower up until 'A Daedra's Best Friend' is completed.
*Will be looking into myself at some point

Orange

Golldir
Iona
Brelyna Maryon

Eola

Erandur

Illia

J'zargo

Marcurio

Onmund

Rogues

Annekke Crag-Jumper

Athis

Cicero

Dark Brotherhood Initiate

Derkeethus

Faendal

Ghorbash the Iron Hand

Jenassa

Adelaisa Vendicci

Ahtar

Argis the Bulwark

Benor

Borghak the Steel Heart

Calder

Cosnach

Erik the Slayer

Farkas

Orange

Lob

Lydia

Mjoll the Lioness

Njada Stonearm

Ogol

Ria

Roggi Knot-Beard
Stenvar

Sve

Torvar

Uthgerd the Unbroken

Vilkas

Vorstag

Stray Dog

Meeko

Vigilance

Barbas This is all of them.

Jersey Dagmar

Please read my original post. I have some of those listed. And you didn't state if they can or can not be killed.

ActOfGod

Let's kill someone!
Just so you know, you could always just look them up(google, the 4 skyrim wikipedias that exist, etc.). Worst comes to worst, you can only find their location and you have to test it yourself.

Jersey Dagmar

Just so you know, you could always just look them up(google, the 4 skyrim wikipedias that exist, etc.). Worst comes to worst, you can only find their location and you have to test it yourself.

This is for others on the forum, not me. I was merely trying to do something useful by having an easy compiled list. A one stop shop to find a follower and to know if they can die or not. I only use Cicero, so I don't care about the others.

ActOfGod

Let's kill someone!
This is for others on the forum, not me. I was merely trying to do something useful by having an easy compiled list. A one stop shop to find a follower and to know if they can die or not. I only use Cicero, so I don't care about the others.
Well yes, I know. But, if you wanted to put in some effort from yourself, as in go try it out(not saying you aren't putting effort into this thread, thank you for making it), then you could get it done w/out having to wait on everyone else to post and possibly having some of them be wrong/lie. Not trying to say you aren't working hard or anything, just suggesting that.

Jersey Dagmar

I just thought others would like to contribute, on another forum I go on, other members happily contribute along with myself. I've tested characters out myself, but I work a lot and can't spend the kind of time to do this all myself. I was merely asking for others help. They don't have to.

In all honesty I don't know why I bother on this forum. Every thread I make is met with ridicule.

jam

The Dark Brotherhood Initiate, Mjoll the Lioness, and Derkeethus seem to be invincible.

I've been told that Aela is invincible until you finish the totem quests and Farkas and Vilkas, until you finish purity. However, you lose their essential status if you marry them.

Jordis the Sword-Maiden is also a follower and she is killable

And Barbas is a follow for a quest and he is marked essential, but you can not recruit him as a follower, once you finish his quest he's gone for good. He also doesn't count as a real follower so you can have him and either a horse or a dog.

Jersey Dagmar

The Dark Brotherhood Initiate, Mjoll the Lioness, and Derkeethus seem to be invincible.

I've been told that Aela is invincible until you finish the totem quests and Farkas and Vilkas, until you finish purity. However, you lose their essential status if you marry them.

Jordis the Sword-Maiden is also a follower and she is killable

And Barbas is a follow for a quest and he is marked essential, but you can not recruit him as a follower, once you finish his quest he's gone for good. He also doesn't count as a real follower so you can have him and either a horse or a dog.

Thanks for the info! Didn't know that about Aela, Farkas, and Vilkas. And yea, I won't be placing Barbas on this list. He just doesn't fit the bill.

EDIT: Changed my mind about Barbas. Put him in a MISC section, as I think there are other Quest Followers that only come with you for that one quest.

ActOfGod

Let's kill someone!
I just thought others would like to contribute, on another forum I go on, other members happily contribute along with myself. I've tested characters out myself, but I work a lot and can't spend the kind of time to do this all myself. I was merely asking for others help. They don't have to.

In all honesty I don't know why I bother on this forum. Every thread I make is met with ridicule.
I honestly wasn't trying to ridicule, I just couldn't figure out how to come off w/out sounding like that lol. Yeah, no one really contributes. Here's mine: Barbas is invincible. Tanks like a beast(literally).
It's fine if you don't have the time, sorry for coming off like you HAVE TO immediately finish this thread.
Also, just realized someone already said that about Barbas. Damn. Well, Faendel(Faendal?) from Riverwood is killable, I know that.

jam

For Quest Related Unkillable characters:
Delphine and Esbern (Do not replace your follower)
The Companions during their fraction quests (They replace your follower)

Killable followers
Maurice (Blessing of Nature Quest) (Does not replace your follower)

Dagmar

Defender of the Bunnies of Skyrim
There's a Guides and Tutorials forum where this might be more appropriate. OP can ask a mod to move it there if she would like to have it hosted on that forum.

The general rule is that while an NPC is essential to completion of a quest that NPC is unkillable. If an NPC's quests are completed he or she will be killable afterwards.

Jean

Actually Vilkas cannot die even after you marry him (I have not completed the Purity quest because honestly I don't care about my or his Beast Blood - I love the resistance to disease.). My character is wed to him and there isn't even a health bar for him so he doesn't take on damage. Its awesome! The only glitch I have found with him is that when attacking non-kill-able Imperial Generals at Imperial Camps he stays or does not follow and I have to reload to get him back so I avoid those areas.

I have not tested any other NPCs except Serena. I will warn you that Serena cannot die BUT (this is important) I found that having her as a follower is risky as she sometimes glitches out and becomes hostile in battle and she can glitch out Dragonborn abilities like using shouts and absorbing dragon souls which makes the game freeze up needing a rage reset and lagging very badly. Once I told her to go home the glitch and freeze issue stopped. :)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts