NPCless: Skyrim w/o Friendly Interaction

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

The Black Cloud N9ne

Article Writer
Have you ever wondered what life in Skyrim would be like if you were COMPLETELY on your own while avoiding NPCs? Fast traveling doesn't exist and all of your items come from the places you've been, not from merchants. This allows for additional hours of gameplay walking and collecting your goods rather than easily getting everything you could ever want quickly and, in my opinion, uneventfully. It's time to enjoy the little things and not worry so much about fame, money and power.
Instead, look forward to a new and exciting twist on the adventure that is TES:V Skyrim.
slide.jpg
________________________________________________________________________________
I was putting together a gameplan while waiting for character creation, and so far here is said plan:
1. NO speaking to anyone. I will embark on my own journey from the moment I set foot in Skyrim with absolutely no NPCs included. (If I can help it.)
2. NO towns or cities. (Small settlements will be avoided.)
3. NO buying or selling anything.
4. All gold, armor, potions, and other general goods will be looted from various locations I'll be discovering completely on foot with no fast traveling.
5. Caves, passes, etc. will be completely explored with few exceptions.
I will also be eliminating Speech, Pickpocket, Alchemy, and Heavy Armor skills from leveling to leave room for more desirable perks.
___________________________________________________________________________________​
Let's begin.
I've created Jack, a Nord who looks the part of stinky want-to-ignore loner. This is good because he will be alone. After his creation and a short cutscene Jack immediately ran to the tower and up the stairs. He was standing right next to the stone wall when the dragon slammmed through it , and set him on fire. Jack took it like a champ. He actually slipped underneath the dragon, when it landed in front of the guards. I hauled myself to the keep, hoping for a head start. After I'm forced to listen to Hadvar for a second, Jack is cut free. I quickly loot full Imperial armor (minus gloves) and two iron swords for duel-weilding from chests and sword racks on the wall.
When the gate is opened, Jack ran past and pulled the chain for the next one only to be greeted by two stormcloaks. He sliced them up and took a hit or two, but I let Hadvar do most of the work. I find fur gloves and a hide shield to boost blocking until I come across a two handed weapon. Jack bailed again, attempting to ditch the Imperial, and dropped two more cloaks. This room has potions on tables, bookcases, and in a barrel. Those come in very handy, so I snag them.
I tear through a couple more foes in the jail before carrying on, ignoring the optional lock picking. Having lost his imperial tail, Jack will gain more experience for engagements in his absence.
Through a long tunnel the walls open up into a large cave with an upper and a lower level, I switch to LH: Flames and RH: Iron sword when I spot stormcloaks. Jack sprayed the first two with fire and cut them down, however the third actually snuck up on him with a war hammer. I don't appreciate that. Jack landed a solid power attack with his sword and fired him up. The next two were quite simple. One was standing in a flammable liquid. Sprayed a little fire on it. Instantly died. The other got killcammed the second I even tried to attack her.
Hadvar finally catches up but Jack kept pushing on and into the webbed room to kill the spiders. That was no problem. Aside from the venom, they're pretty much useless. In the next cavern was a bear, Jack set it on fire, slashed a few times and did that thing where you stick your sword in the side of its face. After another short tunnel, he emerged and now I'm free to roam Skyrim's beautiful vast lands.
Jack took a path that leads to a river. This is where the Guardian stones are located. I choose the warrior stone, take off across the river and to the west where the real test begins.
Topheader.jpeg
I won't have THAT kind of help anymore!
Thanks again, Cloud

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
This is great! I did something similar, RP'ing a Forsworn. After ditching Hadvar upon leaving Helgen, I set off immediately for Markarth to start the Forsworn Conspiracy quest to free the King In Rags (Madanach).

Everything she used was also foraged, even luring a Thalmor patrol into a Bandit Camp and waiting out the battle. She was also restricted to ONLY Bows... or fists.

I hope you continue chronicling your journey. Will be interesting to follow you along...

The Black Cloud N9ne

Article Writer
This is great! I did something similar, RP'ing a Forsworn. After ditching Hadvar upon leaving Helgen, I set off immediately for Markarth to start the Forsworn Conspiracy quest to free the King In Rags (Madanach).

Everything she used was also foraged, even luring a Thalmor patrol into a Bandit Camp and waiting out the battle. She was also restricted to ONLY Bows... or fists.

I hope you continue chronicling your journey. Will be interesting to follow you along...

Much thanks, I will definitely keep adding on to the story. Don't think I'll be doing any quests though, since most of them have to be started by NPCs.

But I'm looking more in to thorough exploration of all of Skyrim w/o being able to fast travel where ever i wanna go. Making it more realistic.

Again, much thanks for your kind review, Cloud

Oren74

Outstanding! I may try this! Might break the rule for purchasing spells though as you don't typically loot them. But, no questing, just exploring sounds interesting.

Pete

Sounds like this play style would be good if your a vampire, werewolf or necromancer. For me, there's got to be a good reason to shun people.

The Black Cloud N9ne

Article Writer
I wouldn't consider Jack "shunned", just an anti-social adventurer.

Also, becoming a werewolf requires a NPC activated storyline, which is against the restrictions I've given myself.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts