Not stuck - just an odd thing that happened (Chief Burguk killed by dragon)...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

swordmage

Hi. Nice to find this forum.
I had a very odd thing happen in Skyrim that I cannot find ANY references or info anywhere on the web, in any forum, or anything. Wondering if anyone here had the same thing happen and knows if it affects the game?

In short, everything was going great with Burguk in Dushnikh Yal. I found the Forgemaster's Fingers, etc and I was starting to get One-Handed training from him. After my second visit to him and second round of One-Handed training, I was leaving Dushnikh Yal when an Ancient Dragon showed up and pretty much ate Chief Burguk, the blacksmith's daughter (who showed up unexpectedly), etc. After the dragon was dead, all the other orcs started screaming "I yield!" and no one stopped me from looting Chief Burguk's body, getting the key to the longhouse, etc.

My question is if this in any way breaks any aspect of the game play in a serious way? And it also seemed as though I was the new leader of Dushnikh Yal..???? (playing a High Elf btw).
Has anyone else had this scenario happen???

Obviously since I did not personally kill Burguk the orcs are not mad at me / attacking me. I know this means no more One-Handed Training (which sucks as my O-H is above 70 so only Burguk could train me), and also no way to deliver the sword to the orc smith's daughter. Any other ways this messes up the game? Any huge benefit to becoming the new leader of Dushnikh Yal?

Just very curious. In all honesty I decided that keeping the ability to have Master-Level One-Handed training was far more important than anything else, so I went back to an earlier save and re-did that part of the game by killing the dragon just after dawn before any orcs were awake (otherwise they all rush into the battle & their death).

But I still wonder what would have changed in the game if I let the dragon kill Chief Burguk (which happened every time I tried to replay that same scenario upon leaving the camp mid-day)?

Thanks!

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Like you, I hate when most any named NPC inside a town/stronghold dies. I really don't want to take the chance of messing up future content, especially if it somehow related to new DLC.

That being said, I don't think Burguk's death would have any long term effect in-game aside from a couple of misc quests being stuck.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts