• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Anouck

Queen of Procrastination
Hi guys,
I builded this house in Falkreath and I'm currently looking for a steward. But no follower has this as an available dialogue option o_O...
The only person I can ask is the housecarl I got after becomming thane of the Hold. Is it a glitch or something? I am probably doing something wrong. :) Happens to me all the time...

MrDSL

I've ran into this bug with followers I have to hire. Either when making them a steward or having them join the blades their dialogue doesn't change correctly and I can't even hire them anymore..

Only way around it for me was an earlier save. I know save ahead of time before having any follower become a steward/blade and then verify immediately afterwards their dialogue changed correctly.

MrDSL

After messing around last night apparently having a hired merchary become a blade you loose the ability to ever hire them again which really sucks.

sticky runes

It seems followers with the thuggy voice (Argis, Farkas, Stenvar, Benor) are not interested in becoming Stewards. I guess the game designers thought characters with a slightly more "civilized" attitude would be more likely to work as stewards. The male orcs that you can befriend in the orc holds appear to be up for stewarding, but I seem to have bad experiences using them as followers, and Ogol, who I took as a steward, got killed easily by vampires who attacked my home.

But on the whole, it seems options for stewards are a bit more restricted than options for marriage and the Blades.

Female housecarls from your other houses are listed as potential stewards, but I don't like any of my houses to be empty, so I prefer to leave housecarls stationed in their default locations.

wrighty

Thalmor 3rd Emissary
1 of the best stewards is Illia from darklight tower she's a frost mage and casts ice storm any attackers, never had a problem with her.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts