Spoiler New Thieves Guild Master Problem... Sort of...

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
I have looked up this problem on these forums and elsewhere (including the Wikis) for some time and could find people who describe similar problems, but not exact enough to my situation to my satisfaction.

I can't be the first person to experience this, and I suspect I have already found that this is an unfixable problem since it is so similar to what others experience, but I have nothing to lose by discussing it here and hoping for the best.

I did all the Thieves Guild side quests before completing "Under New Management" including giving moonsugar to the Khajit caravans. I gave all the larceny targets to Devlin, including the Eye of the Falmer.

Karliah is at the Nightingale Hall where she is supposed to be and Brynjolf is in the Cistern.

When I speak to Brynjolf, all he will let me ask is "How is the guild doing?" To which he says he couldn't be prouder to be part of the guild and its new guild master. This would imply I am already guild master, but I did not undergo this quest.

He will not initiate the Under New Management quest. The closest I have found to people discussing it before is when people say he will not talk to them at all, commenting that he is too busy.

I have tried using console commands Setstage TGLeadership 10, 20, 30,40, 50, and 200. They have no effect and merely all return the console response of "Getstage 20.00"

I'm not too sure what to do and I'll keep trying things as they occur to me, but if anyone has run into this problem and found some kind of solution, I'd be greatly appreciative for an answer.

JoeReese

Did you try running away from him in mid-dialog? Start talking to him, and then while he's saying he's too busy, get up the ladder. You may have to do it a few times, but UESP mentions that as a possible fix. That or, if you haven't already, getting the quest from the kid at Riften Stables, to get him out of debt with Sapphire.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Under_New_Management

As I implied in my post, but did not do a good job of explaining, he doesn't tell me that he is too busy. This is a problem other people have reported, but that I do not have. I can start dialogue with him, and he will tell me the status of the guild, implying I am already guild master. He does not tell me he is too busy, nor does it give me a chance to run (since I am locked in a dialogue box).

I have also already completed the Sapphire quest as well. Much of what you said was covered under the wikis which I already read but was not satisfied with the bugs they reported since they did not match my problem exactly.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts