New Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Trailer So Retro it Hurts

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shawn Hopkins

Another Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII trailer? This one's worth it, though, trust me.

The eight-minute Lightning Returns "Retro-spective" trailer recaps the story of the Final Fantasy XIII to date with an art style that's reminiscent of 16-bit Final Fantasy classics. Relive the memories from Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XIII-2. Get caught up before the new game. Or just melt from Super NES nostalgia. I know I'm not the only one that wishes this were an actual playable version of the game.

Lightning Returns wraps up the story that began with Final Fantasy XIII, focusing on Lightning awakening from hibernation 500 years after the end of Final Fantasy XIII-2, and 13 days before the end of the world, on a mission to save the survivors.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII will be available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 in both digital and retail versions Feb. 11 for $59.99. A collector’s edition will be available in limited quantities for both platforms and will be sold exclusively at the Square Enix Online Store for $89.99. If you want to check it out early a demo is also available on both PSN and Xbox Live.
View the Post on the Blog

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts