New Features Coming to The Elder Scrolls Online

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Shawn Hopkins

It looks like Zenimax is listening to fan criticisms and comments from the The Elder Scrolls Online beta events and making changes. Zenimax Creative Director Paul Sage recently dropped into Reddit to talk about some of the changes that are planned, including a fix for phasing issues that have irritated many beta players. Here it is in Sage's own words:

I just wanted to drop a line in to talk about some things coming to the game in the future that we thought you might want to know about. Of course, there is way more happening than what is listed here, with team busy on many initiatives including continued bug fixing, balancing, and other features. But these are things we can offer some tidbits on that you’ll hopefully be seeing soon. As with anything in development, things could change, so we are not guaranteeing these.

Adventure Zone – Craglorn and Trials We are going to be talking about this in lots of detail very soon. I know everyone is eager for details, and they will come soon.

FOV Slider There isn’t a lot to say about this feature that isn’t in the title, other than we will be adding it in. We know different people have different Field Of View settings which will make them comfortable, or just not nauseous.

Improved World Interactivity You will be able to pick up even more objects in the world, including picking up that sword or armor off the rack.

Death Recap In your darkest hour, we rub it in. Just kidding. When you die, you will now be informed of who or what killed you, what the last top five events were that contributed to your death, and offer some hints that might contribute to your success in the future. This will be a UI element that comes up when you die. We don’t want you to die, but if you do, we want you to be a better person for it.

Battle Level Off We're adding a toggle so you’ll be able to turn off battle leveling in Cyrodiil if you wish.

Exclusive Full Screen Mode In Digicolor. Okay, Digicolor isn’t really a thing, but exclusive full screen mode sounded so impressive, I thought I should embellish. Sorry about that.

Player Separation We know that group members can become separated in some of our content, and we are looking at ways to make sure you stay together with your group members. We are currently testing some solutions.

So there you go. Just a peek into what’s coming up, and really, that’s only a small portion of what we are working on. We’ll be announcing more in the upcoming weeks, and I’m looking forward to seeing you at launch.

The Elder Scrolls Online releases to the PC and Mac on April 4, 2014 and to the Xbox One and PS4 in June of 2014.
View the Post on the Blog

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts