• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

SkinnedLikeScum

Dragon Slayer
This idea dawned upon me as i used a blizzard spell scroll and proceeded to attack a heavy armored warrior in melee combat in the midst of the storm. It was fun and gave me this idea.

I have already been playing and testing this build but only so far my idea here is to use magic and combat, now that sounds like a battle mage huh? There is a difference here, typically a battlemage would use one-handed so the other hand can equip a destruction or restoration spell, also be wearing heavy armor. Hence the battle mage name.

A wanderer will be equipped with robes, two handed weapons (i prefer sword it looks best!) alteration,enchating, smithing, and destruction. So how are we going to level mage skills easy with two handed weapons? Simple in early game casting a novice level flesh shield from alteration, then switch to your two-handed weapon and proceed to destroy. It wont be late in the game until you work on destruction. Enchanting and smithing for obvious reasons, to get great craft-able sword of ooonage.

My main idea here is high dmg output from two-handed sword. With well protection of alteration spells (it can really stack and be strong as daedric armor not upgraded. Bonus is the magick absorbtion making those mages painless, and with your well level of armor and dmg out-put you can stand against a warrior, and a archer won't be a problem either.)

On top of the flesh armor you will make use of element cloak, which you can use at the same time. Its really not the strongest of spells at all but it does damage and it looks cool, lastly a master AOE spell. Which the lasting one in this case is blizzard, because lightning is continuous casting and fire doesn't last nearly ass long.

In conclusion the main idea here is heavy hitting sword, mage robes to look cool and make up lack of armor with alteration which will cover defense and magick resistance very well. Destruction to give extra dmg boost while in a dragons face or any hard boss NPC Wacking them with your heavy hitting absorb hp and stamina sword, with a cloak of frost, fire, shock, and a blizzard storm hurling about him in circles, that is some nice numbers to add, and it looks cool while doing it.

Comment your opinions!

Guide Coming Soon!

This build could be interesting and fun great idea

For my next build i was thinking about making an assassin wanderer so robes sneak alterationi illusion archery

SkinnedLikeScum

Dragon Slayer
Sounds exiting, i would recommend only going into sneak for like 1 or 2 points into stealth and grab the bonus damage perks on the right side since you can cover it with illusion using muffle and invisibility. Plus the fact robes weigh 1lb your virtually soundless

How is your wanderer character playing out so far is he very good?

Mytheos

Id almost have to make the recommendation to use something like light armor boots that are armor capped using the restoration glitch.

When your flesh spell wears off... then what. You fall back on destruction for ranged fighting? Walking backwards is not fast enough to escape. And if your in a crypt your in trouble.

I dont like exploitation of the game but for creative reasons i think its worth it..

Just a pair of boots you will never see to give you your armor cap, and everything else is cool.

Maybe call it the vagabond?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997R using Tapatalk

Straumgald

You don't need armor to survive. My mage wears all cloth, he rarely gets hit, if my flesh spell runs out, I just paralyze or iceform enemies and finish them off. If I'm outside I don't even bother with flesh spells, they'll never get in melee range anyway.
Dual casting and switching to a 2h weapon actually works a little more fluidly than switching between 1h weapons and spells with the favorite system.
I wanted to make some sort of shadowknight, but the game just doesn't support that kind of build very well. You know someone who runs around in plate armor, a 2h sword and casts fear spells and raises the dead. Too bad there are no decent life drain like spells.

Dude my wanderer is better :D
He started as a typical heavy armor shield sword bad ass but now with mods like cloaks and lotr weapon
My dude is true wanderer or ranger
He wears heavy armor with cloak and ranger hood(something like faramir) and while wandering he just started practicing his archery and he learned how to swing 2 handers :D
I took like all skills in warrior tree to make him bad ass wanderer
No magic no stuff just what he finds

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts