• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Fenix09

Okay so I'm in the process of building my home and I just wanted to ask anyone that's out there that did you pick the armory over the kitchen or did you go with a library I'm at a point where I think I may go with the armory as the kitchen is kind of useless other than the library. Then after I have finished my home will I have to fill the inside with things or can I get my steward to do it for me ? and will the time on the steward be slower than I would do it my self ?

Falx Carius

Just go with the armory, if you get the steward to furnish the house, they'll put a couple bookshelves in the hallways anyway.

Fenix09

I was going to go with the armory but I wasn't for sure and so this is my first time making a house so I didn't know and It seems I'll just go with the steward to do it all.

Khasrin

Fusozayiit
You can either add/build things for the rooms yourself, or you can pay your steward to furnish it for you. I've always done it myself, so I'm not sure if there's a certain wait time when your steward does it.

Morgan

You can either add/build things for the rooms yourself, or you can pay your steward to furnish it for you. I've always done it myself, so I'm not sure if there's a certain wait time when your steward does it.

Having the steward do it takes a lot of time (30 in-game days maybe?) but it does save you having to run around trying to find (or in my case remembering that I'm supposed to find) some odd little combination of things that you would normally never have. They will put in a crapload of barrels for some reason. Why anything named a "Manor" would have piles of barrels in every spare corner is beyond me, but there they are.

Reactions: Atz

Atz

Morgan---- You have the best and most creative SIG on the forums ,,, Man I crack up everytime you post :p

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
Okay so I'm in the process of building my home and I just wanted to ask anyone that's out there that did you pick the armory over the kitchen or did you go with a library I'm at a point where I think I may go with the armory as the kitchen is kind of useless other than the library. Then after I have finished my home will I have to fill the inside with things or can I get my steward to do it for me ? and will the time on the steward be slower than I would do it my self ?

>> You must become a thane and the steward will be provided to you. Then you can use him to buy stuff for you.

Adam Warlock

Note that while the steward is slow in getting things done , they will eventually install EVERYTHING available so if you don`t want all those sacks and barrels you have to do it yourself.
The cellar is yours to decorate however so you will need to acquire building materials for what you wish to have down there

Atz

These are just ballpark estimates , on mats needed to build . Logs Approx 325 , Iron Ingots approx 300 , Then Glass bout 22 , and piles of goat horns , for lighting . Straw ,not to bad mabye 13 , I never build the armor dummies they just glitch out the whole house for me . you have to make lot's and lot's of lock's door hinges and on and on ......

Brewman

Do I look worried?
Don't forget you can build houses in three holds, so do both. Also if you furnish the house yourself you can leave out stuff you don't want, once its in its in for good

Reactions: Atz

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I used the steward once and I didn't realise it took 30 days for it to do it. I just thought it had glitched out on me. It took ages for all the shelves to appear in my library and it got annoying when I had heaps of books to store.
The Armoury is useful if you are a warrior and use different types of armour for different situations. Especially if you have multiple sets with different enchantments on them. I also like to have expensive full sets on display, like a carved Nordic, and daedric. Looks really cool.

In one of my play-throughs I had Lakeview manor as the family home, but then built Winstad Manor to have all to myself and Valdimar. I had the armoury, the greenhouse (Which is amazing for alchemists) and the storeroom. No kids, pets, just peace and quite, especially since Vald was happy to mine the clay deposit for 18 hours a day.:D

Atz

Yeah havin a place to hear " quiet " is sure not a bad thing Kit . I always , keep at least 1 place for meditation and peace.:sleepyface:

Atz

I built the Library only 1 time = No GOOD ... every time I would try to enter house my 360 would lock up :sadface: Found out here on forums that having all those books was to much memory load for the 360 ..... Result for my building plans ... NO more Library.

Atz

I built the Library only 1 time = No GOOD ... every time I would try to enter house my 360 would lock up :sadface: Found out here on forums that having all those books was to much memory load for the 360 ..... Result for my building plans ... NO more Library.

I never had my xbox freeze with the library. just lucky I guess.:)

My Game runs better now Thanks to you Kit .... I keep my key's and stuff all cleaned up >>>> Really helped alot . I Might try Library again ( Crosses Fingers ):)

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

I never had my xbox freeze with the library. just lucky I guess.:)

My Game runs better now Thanks to you Kit .... I keep my key's and stuff all cleaned up >>>> Really helped alot . I Might try Library again ( Crosses Fingers ):)

good luck! xx

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts