Need help to re marry, is there a glitch?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

xrolandox36

I was tired of my old wife and decided to kill her, but before i did i told her to go to another house and ive waited a while and i have not received the letter so i can re marry. Am i Screwed?

Medea

The Shadow Queen
I heard somewhere that if you sell your spouses' ring after they die, you can re-marry. I don't know if this is true... everything else I've found says that you cannot re-marry in Skyrim no matter what.

I've never tried to re-marry, but I don't think the courier with the letter of inheritance even matters. All he does is give you a small amount of septims as an inheritance for the loss of any spouse, follower, or friend you have in the game if they die.

Bottom line, I don't think it's possible to re-marry in Skyrim. :sadface: (Unless you're on a computer, where you can just use console commands to change spouses)

Get Sm0ked

Alea Iacta Est
I heard somewhere that if you sell your spouses' ring after they die, you can re-marry. I don't know if this is true... everything else I've found says that you cannot re-marry in Skyrim no matter what.

I've never tried to re-marry, but I don't think the courier with the letter of inheritance even matters. All he does is give you a small amount of septims as an inheritance for the loss of any spouse, follower, or friend you have in the game if they die.

Bottom line, I don't think it's possible to re-marry in Skyrim. :sadface: (Unless you're on a computer, where you can just use console commands to change spouses)

Correct, the bottom line is you CANNOT re-marry in skyrim with useing console commands on the PC.

The rumor about selling your spouses ring to remarry is false. I tried to remarry on my main but thought the game was glitched the way it would not let me remarry so I tried it on my alt but same occurance. The dialouge option simply does not re appear (even if you are wearing the amulet of mara) to anyone. This includes all marriage candidates if you have done a quest for them

ShowgunSam

The Common Sense Party
It would seem as though many people have begun to experience this bug lately. I posted a thread like this back in February reporting the same problem, but at this point I've just accepted that there's nothing that can be done to fix it unless you can access console commands, *cough*bastards*cough*.

Anyways, about a week ago, I found my spouse (who was murdered in a cave somewhere, mind you) lying still-dead in her quarters at Jorrvaskr. If you get a chance, find wherever your spouse used to live and see if you don't find their body lying on the ground somewhere. I'm curious to see if this has happened to anyone else.

By the way, Bethesda really needs to address this issue as it seems to be getting more prominent amongst console players.

Get Sm0ked

Alea Iacta Est
It would seem as though many people have begun to experience this bug lately. I posted a thread like this back in February reporting the same problem, but at this point I've just accepted that there's nothing that can be done to fix it unless you can access console commands, *cough*bastards*cough*.

Anyways, about a week ago, I found my spouse (who was murdered in a cave somewhere, mind you) lying still-dead in her quarters at Jorrvaskr. If you get a chance, find wherever your spouse used to live and see if you don't find their body lying on the ground somewhere. I'm curious to see if this has happened to anyone else.

By the way, Bethesda really needs to address this issue as it seems to be getting more prominent amongst console players.

Its not a bug...

ShowgunSam

The Common Sense Party
Its not a bug...
Not to sound totally ignorant, but I refuse to believe that there's not a single trace of flawed A.I. logic in this situation.

Last night was a strange experience, and insanely ironic at the same time. I headed back to Jorrvaskr in Whiterun to talk to Vilkas and who do I see sitting at the table? Aela The Huntress, my former (dead) spouse, completely alive as if nothing had ever happened. I even had her follow me again for a while, but that resulted in every other potential follower turning down my offer, even after I sent her back. They all kept saying 'Looks like you've got someone already.'

So I took Aela out back and murdered her in cold blood and, needless to say, that fixed the companionship issues. I kind of hope she stays dead this time.

Get Sm0ked

Alea Iacta Est
Not to sound totally ignorant, but I refuse to believe that there's not a single trace of flawed A.I. logic in this situation.

Last night was a strange experience, and insanely ironic at the same time. I headed back to Jorrvaskr in Whiterun to talk to Vilkas and who do I see sitting at the table? Aela The Huntress, my former (dead) spouse, completely alive as if nothing had ever happened. I even had her follow me again for a while, but that resulted in every other potential follower turning down my offer, even after I sent her back. They all kept saying 'Looks like you've got someone already.'

So I took Aela out back and murdered her in cold blood and, needless to say, that fixed the companionship issues. I kind of hope she stays dead this time.

Yes lol "thats" a bug , but that is completely not wat u were talking about -.-....

U were saying non-remarying is a bug. Wrong, the game is programmed so you can only marry once

xrolandox36

well ive seen online with people who say that this courier comes, brings them the letter and now can re marry...but they could be full of bs if you are for sure that the game was made this way. its not such a big deal its just i really wanted that extra set of profit.

TheIvoryKitty

Yeah, so far as I can tell you are not meant to be able to remarry. It looks like they had originally put it in the game, and then took it back out.

I can see why, by the way. Allowing people to marry multiple times if they kill their spouses makes them want to kill their spouses - and then you have users killing off tons of NPCs and potentially breaking the game and a multitude of quests.

Its not a bug...

I know I'm hella late but aela the huntress is a essential character therefore she can't die

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts