Quest Need help Quest Revealing the unseen

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

erdred

Hi there!

i know there are a lot of bugs related to this quest ( => i have read the bug list at http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Revealing_the_Unseen) but my problem is different:

I can't find the Focusing Crystal!

The Wiki writes: "a Centurion Sphere Master boss, or a Falmer Shadowmaster that carries a Focusing Crystal"
I have cleared the dwarfen ruin now at least three times and the npc having the quest item does not spawn?

when I add this item using the console the quest continues as usual

any hints / tips (i prefer playing and not using the console solution)

br

erdred

Ironclad thanks for your response... i would be happy if it was so easy :) it's not the case with me... checked every corner, every falmer... every bush every stone, every pillar, aaargh ;)

does somebody know: is there a possibility to check the location of an object using the console?
is there a possibility to peek inside the skyrim gameworld dat file (with morrowind this was possible... i think with the construciton kit)

what i am going to do... is i am going to reset the quest using: resetquest and see if the problem still exists...

other creative ideas are welcome...

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
Same for me, was on a Falmer Shadowmaster, if I remember correctly, he was kinda hiding out in one of the tents.

MushroomGenius

Jarl of Fungi, Great Khal of the Mushraki
You are looking in the Mzulft Aedrome right? I just did this quest on my 2nd playthrough and got it off the same Falmer, but this time it was a Gloomlurker since my level is considerably lower this time through.

Kronos747

im having the SAME exact issue. Ive went back and forth and spent HOURSSS to find that stupid crystal. ive looted EVERY Falmer, INCLUDING Gloomlurker. this issue is really ruining my experience with the game because ive spent at least 5-6 hours dealing with this. there has to be a fix for this. ive never been so frustrated in my life over a game.

erdred

installed Skyrim 1.4 Beta (replaying the whole story line, with using god mode for faster achieving the goals...) => problem still persists

Kronos747
if you a re playing the pc version then i can help you if you would like to use the console

1 press the ^ key (located left of the 1)
2 type: help crystal
3 you get a resultset with object-Ids (there should be the object-ID of the crystal you/we are seeking included...)
4 type: player.additem the crystal-objectID found from the resultset 1 (e.g. player.additem 0009876fe 1 !!!!note the ID i wrote in this example is just for demonstration purposes... you need to find out the correct ID yourself!!!)

now you should have the crystal in your bag... worked for me... even the storyline continues fine...
if you habe any questions with the above please ask...

i am waiting for the skyrim construction kit so that i can examine the mine and see what script hangs and why...

Ironclad

If I remember correctly there is a kind of foyer with steps up to the left & a locked door, as you first enter it, and a corridor right. In this area is at least two falmer, one is a mage type who has this crystal.
The corridor to the right opens up to a steam-spitting centurion (the 1st one you ever meet), this dude has the key to the locked foyer door, so you about turn and head the short trip past the dead falmer.
Tbh I thought the object a pointless item, I'd already been given the cube but also a now useless, thankfully weightless, orb. What this orb was for I have no idea, did Beth' replace the crystal for it in a patch?
Anyhow, good luck OP. :)

erdred

#You are looking in the Mzulft Aedrome right?
Jup

#If I remember correctly there is a kind of foyer with steps up to the left & a locked door, as you first enter it, and a corridor right. In this area is at least two falmer, one is a mage type who has this crystal.
Not in my case...

#The corridor to the right opens up to a steam-spitting centurion, this dude has the key to the locked foyer door, so you about turn and head the short trip past the dead falmer.
my level is lower, therefore no centurion there, just a tough speric guardians shows up (dono atm how they are called in the game...)
as I said I found the key but no crystal...

Replayed this now the fifth time (the last time was using the beta patch and using a saved game with -5 level from the current...)
no crystal...
but at least i have hope playing the pc version and if i like i can spawn this item in no-time...

krisbot

After you added the focusing crystal to your inventory (which I had to do too because it would not appear on any falmers or spheres or centurians), did you have to do anything else to make Paratus recognize that you had the crystal? I've tried restarting the game and exiting the building, but he still doesn't recognize that I already have the crystal.

werfer

Dear Community,

I can confirm erdred's problem - I ran into exactly the same thing. I am playing the PC version, I cleared the whole building, there is NOTHING alive, no chest unsearched, no stone unturned... there is NO focusing crystal.

At first, I simply went through the door to meet the last synod researcher, he then told me to look for the crystal. As he is quite unspecific, I searched the ruin once more (very thoroughly, by the way) and then left it in order to check for Falmer hideouts outside. I then noticed that I had no questmarker.

Not knowing what to do, and becoming quite frustrated, I checked the UESP wiki, where I was told that one of the Falmer had tzhe crystal in his possession. I searched all of them once again, but found nothing. I then reloaded, and replayed the whole building - same result. None of the Falmers had the crystal on him. I tried Clairvoyance, but that told me there was no path. I tried to find out via the console (which I normally detest and deny to use) WHERE this crystal might be located, as I had now searched the building and its surroundings, wasting several hours. But the game denied to tell me :-/

I then gave in and cheated, using the console to add the item to my inventory. I then went to the synod researcher, and could continue the mission.

I hope that Bethesda fixes this soon, this is a very frustrating bug, especially since it is not persistent. Obviously, only SOME users have this problem, while others definitely do not.

mistergreenwood

Same bug found here. Also playing on PC. Me thinks the bug appeared after patch 1.4. I did not start the quest before the patch. I had to cheat as well to continue as no crystal was to be found in any Falmer bodies.

On the same quest, I cannot get "Containment" to start. Big boom, archmage goes out, but no one gathers around the body, and Mirabelle does not give me the quest after the explosion. Anyone faces the same problem?

mistergreenwood

After you added the focusing crystal to your inventory (which I had to do too because it would not appear on any falmers or spheres or centurians), did you have to do anything else to make Paratus recognize that you had the crystal? I've tried restarting the game and exiting the building, but he still doesn't recognize that I already have the crystal.
I had the same problem. I found out that you have to add the crystal to your inventory before talking to Paratus...

bustamelon

Same issue here. Pretty aggravating. Does anyone know if Bethesda is aware of the issue, or whether there's an easy way to report it? Thanks.

By the way, hi all. I just joined in order to get in on this particular conversation -- it's the only place I've found that really has any good info on it, surprisingly. I'm sure I'll stick around and see what else is going on here.

Busta

lelecpat

it's nice that ur problem just solved like that,but mine is different,did as urs such as using the console to additem(focusing crystal) in my inventory but rite after that i talk to synod still he told me to find the stupid faaking crystal it's just like he insulting me for using cheat console.damn...pls guys anybody that already found the solution to this matter.thanks
oohh now i found it,u must put the focusing crystal in ur inventory before talking to the synod guy..damn stupid bug!!

evilmaze123

Hi there!

i know there are a lot of bugs related to this quest ( => i have read the bug list at Revealing the Unseen - The Elder Scrolls Wiki) but my problem is different:

I can't find the Focusing Crystal!

The Wiki writes: "a Centurion Sphere Master boss, or a Falmer Shadowmaster that carries a Focusing Crystal"
I have cleared the dwarfen ruin now at least three times and the npc having the quest item does not spawn?

when I add this item using the console the quest continues as usual

any hints / tips (i prefer playing and not using the console solution)

br

all you need to do is enter the crystal code before you open the door to talk with the guy

evilmaze123

enter the cheat code "player.additem 0009f7a6 1" before you open the door to talk to the guy

Lanetta

It is on a falmer just before you enter that final room. Was for me.
I found it before i met the guy and now it says i dont have it but its in my inventory but it says I have to find it but I can't find it if it's already in my inventory and it's not letting me accept it

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts