• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

dwaynejones

i just downloaded dawnguard to my xbox and the game was running pretty well but then it started freezing at the end of the mission where u have to go and kill the snow elf to get auriels bow what should i do? any advice and or help is very much needed thanks

Delusional

Connoisseur of Hallucinations
Some more information? Did it freeze once, then you came here to post? Have you frozen several times? Were the locations where you froze consistent? How far into play time did you freeze? How long has your Xbox been on? Some more background to the situation, please.

dwaynejones

well it froze multiple times
same place different spots
first time it froze i had been playing for a couple of hours after that it was every couple of minutes
but it seems to always freeze when im killing frozen falmer whether ive only killed one or ive killed them all

Delusional

Is your disc scratched, or dirty? And what do you mean by "same place, different spots"?

Delusional

Hmm, strange. That could just be an Xbox problem, I do remember my Xbox freezing consistently during Fallout, but usually from extended play. I would suggest shutting down the console for a while and letting it cool down. Perhaps unplug it, but usually giving it a break helps. What kind of 360 is it?

dwaynejones

the slim i think its called, its the one where you just have to tap the buttons on the console instead of just pressing them

Delusional

Yeah, I guess I would just give the Xbox a break, even though it's only been a few hours. Not much else to do to fix freezing.

Sean

lost somewhere
Disable the autosaving, and also check what the file size of the save is.
Larger file sizes are more prone to freezing because of a lot of the data builds up, and some of it is just is junk data.

JClarke1953

i just downloaded dawnguard to my xbox and the game was running pretty well but then it started freezing at the end of the mission where u have to go and kill the snow elf to get auriels bow what should i do? any advice and or help is very much needed thanks

I don't know how you dl'd the DLC to your game, but if you just dl'd it straight into the game, that might be the problem.
I found the best way was to move my game progression to an external hard-drive, dal the DLC, the return my game progression back into my XBox. I get a freezes rarely anymore, at times when leaving Severin Manor, or when there's too much Lightening casts being tossed by foes.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts