Need help. How could an Argonian become a Jarl?

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
  • Hey there, thanks for visiting our fan fiction section. You should only write stories that aren't related to your character's encounters, if you wish to write a story about your character please post an entry in your blog.

Before reading or writing a story, please make sure to read this thread. Thanks, Guest, and we hope you enjoy this section.

Lurknir

There's only one hell, the one we live in now.
My story takes place 2 years after the defeat of Alduin. A wealthy Argonian from Morrowind called Mujarin becomes Jarl of Riften. He tries to be a good ruler, although the majority of the citizens hate him because he's a lizard. He also has to deal with his fellow Argonian plundering Nords of their things plus an influx of Argonians coming from Windhelm, Cyrodill and Morrowind looking to thrive under his rule.

I'm having trouble thinking of a good way how he became the Jarl. He doesn't lay siege to the city or conquer it. I''m having so much trouble that I've just started writing from Mujarin settling into his new position.

Can anyone help me think of a way I can make him become a Jarl?

Thank you :)

AS88

Staff member
I'll just brainstorm a few things you could use or combine, from the top of my head.

- Events on Solstheim meaning that your character has strong ties with House Redoran, who also control large parts of Morrowind. If you can find out whether or not they have made a claim to the western parts of Morrowind or if the Argonians have control, sharing the border with the Rift, they could be an influential partner, promising to improve trade relations or sanction them depending on who the Jarl is.

- There's no chance that Ulfric would allow for an Argonian Jarl, or at least I'd be very surprised, so having Empire support would make sense. Perhaps the Imperial Jarls would be heartily encouraged (with a few chests of gold from the Empire) to lend their support to your Argonian's claim.

- The problem now is the Black-Briars. Maven allegedly has the Empire right where she wants them, and openly supports the Thalmor's efforts. Perhaps the people of Skyrim could have forced her and her family into exile, or worse. We know that she isn't well-liked by much of the populace, anyway.

imaginepageant

Slytherin Alumni
My first thought was actually that he could be Maven Black-Briar's puppet. We know that the Empire seats Maven herself on the throne if they take control of Riften in the game, but you could easily have her place Mujarin on the throne instead, and act as the woman behind the curtain.

Or, he could have a similar backstory to Brand-Shei, and have been adopted and raised by a wealthy and influential family of Nords. You could say that the Empire took control of Riften and ousted Jarl Laila, and put Mujarin's Nord father on the throne. A couple of years later, he dies, and Mujarin, as his sole heir, takes over. (You'd just need to give a reason for the Black-Briars being out of the picture. I'm all for a Dark Brotherhood assassination of Maven.)

Lurknir

There's only one hell, the one we live in now.
Those are some great ideas :)

I like the ideas on how to dispose of the Black-Briars too. Mujarin won't accept being a puppet to them :)

Svarnor

Shadowcloak of Nocturnal
Hmm... What if it wasn't as simple as a takeover? Say the war got a little more complicated- Imperials took Riften, Maven in Power. Then Stormcloaks take Riften BACK and BANG! Maven's out of the city, fleeing with her family. Then another Imperial takeover, but Maven is incapable/unwilling to return.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts