Name 3 Things you miss about Oblivion and 3 Things you are glad are gone

• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!
There are so many things I miss
- Old magic system in general with Mysticism and spell making and better conjuration variety
- Getting teleported 7,000ft. in the air to fall to my death at Execution point whenever I hit punched Sheogorath
- The storylines, just about all of them will make Skyrim's quests seem like they were written by 5 year olds.

What I don't like
- How incredibly slow a horse in water was
-Burdening Spells. I liked the idea if them being a mage myself, but they were deployed against me so effectively that I resorted simply conjuring up the tankiest of all the creatures you can summon and that is the Daedroth and simply let it soak up the hits while I blasted away at a distance.
- Trying to use an unlock spell on a gate. No matter how hard I tried, they always passed between the bars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daelon DuLac

How do you backstab a Dragon?
Things i miss
1.dawnfang and duskfang. it was one of my favorite things on oblivion, but there not on skyrim truly heart braking.
2.the fact that shadowmere could not die on oblivion. when i killed it on skyrim and stared at it for 20 minutes, it really broke my heart(and my wallet since i had to buy a horse afterwards).
3.the five tenets of the dark brotherhood. it may not mean much to some ppl but i liked when the dark brotherhood had some honor and respect for each other. i personally robbed them blind but still i liked it better the old way.

Things i say to hell with
1. the old map. it really pissed me off how the map was on oblivion, not that it was bad or anything. it just felt weird and the cursor moved much to slow for my liking.
2.not being able to be a were wolf and and vampire. i didnt think nothing of it until i played skyrim the first time, then i thought to myself, hey oblivion BITE ME! i wanna run around sucking on peoples blood one minute and the next eating them. thats how a true hero does it :)
3.i cant really think of a 3rd one so i say to hell with THE CRACK HEADED GERBILS OF CYRODILL I HATE YOU GUYS!!!!!
I had no idea you couldn't become a vampire in Oblivion. Thank goodness. I just ran in to a whole pack of em that want me to hunt down some poor soul. Yeah guys, like it wasn't obvious that y'all are vampires. Please, you won't even go outside during the daylight and you keep taking naps and keep telling me I can't talk to you unless it's after 5pm when you wander the city. Could you be more obvious?

I had no idea you couldn't become a vampire in Oblivion. Thank goodness. I just ran in to a whole pack of em that want me to hunt down some poor soul. Yeah guys, like it wasn't obvious that y'all are vampires. Please, you won't even go outside during the daylight and you keep taking naps and keep telling me I can't talk to you unless it's after 5pm when you wander the city. Could you be more obvious?

I honestly have no idea what that guy was talking about since there is in fact vampirism in Oblivion and you can become a vampire, but there were no werewolves so either I missed something really flffing big, or he just confused me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ooshie_Mama

Mercenary and Assassin
Things I miss:
1. Some swords (Fine Steel Sword was my favorite)
2. The Arena
3. Just Cyrodiil in general

Things I'm glad are gone:
1. Characters (A vast majority of the characters were repulsive to me, they we so ugly)
2. Items breaking and having to repair them
3. Caves and dungeons didn't really change

Ooshie_Mama

Mercenary and Assassin
Another thing I miss:
Killing Shadowmere and storing stuff in him, then him waking up and functional

Another thing I hate:
The magical guards that are able to witness crimes through other npc's eyes

Alexstrasza

Mother of Dragons, Bride of Fire
1: Item durability, with mods made it amazing and fun
2: Cyrodiil feel was amazing
3: The character customization

1: Every cave being the same
2: Bandits having full daedric
3: Underpowered magic..wait its still underpowered.

ChudMacGud

Elite Bard
Things I miss...
1. Patrick Stewart
2. I loved the guilds, they felt strangely more immersive.
3. Certain enemies, Daedroth, Daedra Spiders, Goblins, Ogres. Would have loved to see these guys in Skyrim.

Things I won't miss...
1. Being startled out of my skin with a "STOP! YOU'RE BREAKING THE LAW!!" while the camera pans to an angry guard.
2. Oblivion Gates, I can probably go through the rest of my life without ever closing a single one again.
3. The very creepy Children of the Cornlike NPCs

CemeteryGates23

Miss:
-The variety in landscapes. It was really cool going to one side of the map and seeing the different architecture, flora, geography... then roaming about and finding something completely different.
-Spellmaking.
-Much better quests, quest-lines and factions.
-Magic in general, it felt more varied, more fun.

Don't miss:
-The skill-leveling system; everyone hated Athletics, but most skills sucked to level up.
-The guards. No matter how much you buffed Athletics and Speed, you could never outrun a "Stop right there, criminal scum!"
-The 8 voice actors or so.
-The one-hour-and-a-half soundtrack. After 300 hours, it gets a bit old, good as it is.

Wallcat

The things I miss:
1 – The gray fox, Lucien Lachance and Sean Bean. I found some of the characters to be more memorable in Oblivion.
2 - The art style. I wasn't too keen on the grittier look of Skyrim to begin with.
3 – The varied map. I love mountainous scenery, but it loses its impact when it makes up most of the game world. I also don't enjoy traveling around mountains - best appreciated from a distance.

Things I say to hell with:
1 – The level up system. It was unbalanced and broken in places.
2 - The magic system. I miss spell creation, but overall the magic system is better in Skyrim.
3 – Going through Oblivion gates. It was novel at first, but after a few it became repetitive.

Uberpotato

What I miss:
-The variety of landscapes and the overall aesthetic.
Skyrim is a bit too moody and savage making the game feel lifeless at times.
-Spellmaking. I have no idea why they removed that feature. Who cares if it's overpowered, it's a single player game.
-The GUI. Skyrim's menu is absolutely horrid compared to Oblivion's. You can't sort your Items by price and weight and Items stored in chests are sorted by order of placement. Once you reach high levels and you have a lot of loot you need to store, you really start hating it. Thank god there's SkyUI.

What I don't miss:
-The leveling system.
Not only does everyone level with you, so they have more/same amount of health/stamina/magicka, but they also gear up according to their level, making the game impossible if you don't level correctly.
-The combat system. The weapons' damage, especially at high levels when it caps, is WAY TOO LOW. With every level up, everyone's health increases, but the damage done doesn't. This with the addition of getting constantly staggered when your opponent blocks, regardless of weapon and skill, makes the fights needlessly long and boring.
-Item durability. This works well in Morrowind, but it gets completely pointless in Oblivion, because you can always fast travel to a city to get hammers or pay someone to repair your armor and it doesn't cost much. Armor shreds really fast, even at high levels, and it gets needlessly time consuming having to repair it after every single fight.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts