• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Wildroses

Oh so if I adopt a girl first I will get one of her pets? good to know.... I'm going to adopt the little frozen girl in Windhelm.

Actually you have no guarantee of that, I was just going by percentages. It may well still be the second adopted boy who brings a pet home, but the chances are small.

I believe being away from your home for a long period of time means that a child will rush up and do something. What they do is randomly selected, and one option is "Can I have this pet please?" If you adopted a girl first, there is a higher chance they will bring a pet home as they've had a longer time period than the second adopted child to potentially bring home a pet.

So basically adopting a girl first heightens your chances of getting that bunny your heart desires, but there is still no guarantee.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
Oh so if I adopt a girl first I will get one of her pets? good to know.... I'm going to adopt the little frozen girl in Windhelm.

Actually you have no guarantee of that, I was just going by percentages. It may well still be the second adopted boy who brings a pet home, but the chances are small.

I believe being away from your home for a long period of time means that a child will rush up and do something. What they do is randomly selected, and one option is "Can I have this pet please?" If you adopted a girl first, there is a higher chance they will bring a pet home as they've had a longer time period than the second adopted child to potentially bring home a pet.

So basically adopting a girl first heightens your chances of getting that bunny your heart desires, but there is still no guarantee.[/quote]

WOOHOO! Windhelm, here I come!

Personally I wouldn't mind having a skeever, mudcrab or spider, but alas I always get an asthmatic fox and once a bunny. My problem is pets are allocated by gender and I always adopt Lucia first because she's pathetic and easy to get based in Whiterun. Next character I might try and arrange to adopt a boy first.

I adopted a girl and then a boy. That fox...I hate that thing, but I can't bring myself to kill it. It follows Rune around the house.

tx12001

I will not tolerate failure...
the animals that children bring home, I heard somewhere but have never seen it, do children ever com home with a baby frostbite spider?

seeker23

Looking for the Snitch in Skyrim...
I got Meeko. He is the pet after travelling around Skyrim for eons with me. Now I want to kill Meeko. He is not a nice landscape. Dreary, gray/brown, old and all. I want a husky. < chants, "Husky, husky, husky"> Don't know what's staying my hand. Probably the fact the kids might get a new pet before I bring a husky.
And I got a fox as well. The fox breathes. It is asthmatic. The fox is alright. It will live for awhile longer.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I got Meeko. He is the pet after travelling around Skyrim for eons with me. Now I want to kill Meeko. He is not a nice landscape. Dreary, gray/brown, old and all. I want a husky. < chants, "Husky, husky, husky"> Don't know what's staying my hand. Probably the fact the kids might get a new pet before I bring a husky.
And I got a fox as well. The fox breathes. It is asthmatic. The fox is alright. It will live for awhile longer.

I got the husky and all it does is bark at the skeever all day and night. It doesn't even leave the house.

seeker23

I got the husky and all it does is bark at the skeever all day and night. It doesn't even leave the house.

Yeah thats what Meeko does too. But at least the husky is not a pain to the eye. At least it got the looks.
Like the kids say, "Stupid dog"

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

Yeah thats what Meeko does too. But at least the husky is not a pain to the eye. At least it got the looks.

Unfortunately dogs do not seem to receive any love in the Hearthfire DLC. Even if they die, the kids are mad at you for a while but then soon forget all about it. I wish Bethesda gave them some nicer dialogue towards their pets. After all they BEGGED you to keep it. lol.

seeker23

Unfortunately dogs do not seem to receive any love in the Hearthfire DLC. Even if they die, the kids are mad at you for a while but then soon forget all about it. I wish Bethesda gave them some nicer dialogue towards their pets. After all they BEGGED you to keep it. lol.

Yeah quite true. I love dogs as well. Don't let appearances deceive. I love animals. They beg for the dog and after it becomes the pet its the "stupid dog". Oh well, it's a cruel world after all. I kill people, animals and undead for living, don't I? :D

Wildroses

My current character I ended up finding a Stray Dog which became the family pet before I found Meeko. I heard him called Stupid Dog so much by the kids and Lydia I decided that was the name everyone had chosen.

Baneloth

A baby frostbite spider is one of the three possibilities a boy could bring home as a pet.

No kidding. Sam brought one home to my house outside Falkreath.(Can't recall the name). I was like....oh. Joy. I always wanted a big ass spider living in my house. Thanks, Sam. :rolleyes:

Gregor Moon Fang

Champion of Azura
That reminds me. I went to work once and my sister ended up on my game while I was away. Then when I got home and got on my kids were telling me that they hated me and I was trying to figure out why so I ask my sister if she knew. She told me that one of the kids brought home a frostbite spider (the normal sized ones not the baby one) and instantly killed it because the things terrify her. So now I'm in a house with a dead spider and two kids who hate me. Joy.

Lord Aethok

I wish I could kill my kids...​
They no longer amuse me, they have just become selfish little brats.​

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts