• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
ah ok..... OMG brilliant Idea a mod that allow you to make a house in blackreach

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Sinderion's_Field_Laboratory

Just sayin. I stay there in stints quite often. Arcane Enchanter, Alchemist Lab and a Workbench for armor tempering plus storage. Plus some good loot and a bed. Blackreach getting to be a home away from home for me. :)

No respawn time so storage is safe. good idea for those who love Blackreach.

LotusEater

ah ok..... OMG brilliant Idea a mod that allow you to make a house in blackreach

Just sayin. I stay there in stints quite often. Arcane Enchanter, Alchemist Lab and a Workbench for armor tempering plus storage. Plus some good loot and a bed. Blackreach getting to be a home away from home for me. :)

The more I stay there, the more it grows on me. I kind of abandoned fast travel except when I'm time crunched or feeling lazy and I've found Blackreach to be a pretty effective way to avoid a lot of mountain travel. Once you figure out where all the lifts are in Blackreach, it becomes way less intimidating.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows

The more I stay there, the more it grows on me. I kind of abandoned fast travel except when I'm time crunched or feeling lazy and I've found Blackreach to be a pretty effective way to avoid a lot of mountain travel. Once you figure out where all the lifts are in Blackreach, it becomes way less intimidating.

I do need to go back down there, so I might spend some time checking it out :)

LotusEater

I do need to go back down there, so I might spend some time checking it out :)

Believe it or not. It's actually pretty peaceful down there once you hole up in the Field Laboratory. No dragon or vampire ambushes. No bandits chasing you down when you come out your front door. No hired thugs come down there that I know of. It reminds me of when I used to live in Detroit, peaceful for the most part but trouble close by for those looking for it. :)

xBadKarma

the Sloth Queen
I have Bedrooms (for my children Hroar & Sofie), a Kitchen (I have no idea why. I wanted an oven.), and a Storage Room in Winstad Manor. I don't really like how I built it, so I'm definitely buying another plot of land.

Willow

I've tried every combination of wings and this is what works best for me:

Lakeview Manor:
-Enchanting Tower
-Alchemy Lab
-Library
-Cellar complete with full smithing equipment

I love the look of the three towers and no matter what character type I make I'm always obsessed with all the crafting skills, so these were my best options. :)

LotusEater

Lakeview Manor:
-Enchanting Tower
-Alchemy Lab
-Library

I love the look of the three towers and no matter what character type I make I'm always obsessed with all the crafting skills, so these were my best options. :)

I tried that configuration once because I do a ton of crafting as well and I found the Enchanter Tower to be mostly redundant. I much prefer the greenhouse as not only can I grow a ton of ingredients for potions and poison, blue butterflies are everywhere in there so that's half an enchanter's potion right there. Have a couple plots of snowberry, blisterwort and glowing mushroom and crafting potions are handled. The main hall has a nice enchanter setup on it's own. I still prefer the Alchemy Tower over the one in the main hall station though so I always build that.

Willow

Lakeview Manor:
-Enchanting Tower
-Alchemy Lab
-Library

I tried that configuration once because I do a ton of crafting as well I and found the Enchanter Tower to be mostly redundant. I much prefer the greenhouse as not only can I grow a ton of ingredients for potions and poison, blue butterflies are everywhere in there so that's half an enchanter's potion right there.

I tried the greenhouse once but bees kept getting out and flying all over my house! I think I like the enchanting tower mostly because it feels like you have your own little magic tower or something. Kind of fun for roleplaying if you go into a small candlelit room to create magic items. But to each his own! I'll probably buy one of the other plots of land too and create a greenhouse there instead.

Irishman

Well-Endowed Member
I have a trophy room at the back of Lakeview completely free of furniture and full of my thrallable dead corpses :D its not creepy at all!

I have the enchanting tower and library tower on either side just coz it looks symmetical and kinda cool...

Wildroses

Because of the mods I installed, I usually end up with this set up:

- Bedrooms: Because I have a mod which lets you adopt up to six children, and I need the extra beds even though I only ever adopt four. (I regret not having the Greenhouse so much I frequently build two houses just so I can have a greenhouse)
- Alchemy Tower: Because the storage room and trophy room seem a little pointless to a huge alchemy fan. There are so many chests, safes, barrels and bags I never need a special wing to put things in, and by the time I've finished building a house the quest for rare/numerous items seems boring.
- Library/Armory: I mix and match these ones depending on the character I'm roleplaying. The reason I never pick the kitchen is because I have a mod which turns that useless back room in the main hall into a kitchen. Before finding this mod, I always built a kitchen.

orca45

What we do in life, echoes in the eternity !
After many incarnations on all three plots I finally have the only house I'll ever need in Skyrim.

Windstad Manor

Kitchen- I used to go armory almost exclusively for this wing but I've found the kitchen to be much more enjoyable.

Greenhouse- Snowberries, Glowing Mushroom, Blisterwort, Imp Stool, Bleeding Crown, Canis Root

Alchemy Tower- A must for me

Fishery- Salmon, Slaughterfish, River Betty, Hiscarp

Garden- Nightshade, Giant Lichen, Leeks, Wheat

I also have a question... I bought 3 chickens and I only have one nest. What gives? Plus my only nest never seems to respawn. Even after a game month in Solsthiem. :/
>>> You can harvest some plants outside, especially those that you need for your alchemy ingredients like Snowberries. Other than that, I do not need a garden inside the house, so my design has been always the same :
- Alchemy Tower
- Enchanting Tower
- Kitchen
.... and that’s it !! Once I had a trophy room and guess what ? I could not retrieve Miraak’s armor so I had to reload my game and decided not ever to show any collectable and unique item in any of the mannequins or armor benches. I keep all of those inside my cellar and inside metal chest. But soon, I will start playing Skyrim in PC, so not more bullplops for me with some house design as the ones we were provided thru Heartfire. I am going to build my own palace anywhere I want and the way I think it should be. Just my 2 cents ... ;)

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts