• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
After many incarnations on all three plots I finally have the only house I'll ever need in Skyrim.

Windstad Manor

Kitchen- I used to go armory almost exclusively for this wing but I've found the kitchen to be much more enjoyable.

Greenhouse- Snowberries, Glowing Mushroom, Blisterwort, Imp Stool, Bleeding Crown, Canis Root

Alchemy Tower- A must for me

Fishery- Salmon, Slaughterfish, River Betty, Hiscarp

Garden- Nightshade, Giant Lichen, Leeks, Wheat

I also have a question... I bought 3 chickens and I only have one nest. What gives? Plus my only nest never seems to respawn. Even after a game month in Solsthiem. :/

Annageckos

I just got hearthfire today, and your setup is almost exactly what I have in mind for my first house. I have lakeview manor. I love the area and the lake.

LotusEater

I brake for blue butterflies
I just got hearthfire today, and your setup is almost exactly what I have in mind for my first house. I have lakeview manor. I love the area and the lake.

Lakeview Manor would be my first choice for location by far but I'd like to stick to one site and no fishery at Lakeview and I use a lot of poison.

Fenix09

I always enjoyed Heljarchen Hall

Asiaxfani

I have a hard time deciding between the Library and the Armory for the west wing at Lakeview Manor for my Redguard; she's an obsessive item collector, and I'm on a personal quest to collect as many items as I possibly can in her home. On the other hand, I love the armory for it's mannequins and weapon racks, but then again... I also want to collect as many books I possibly can! Why, oh why couldn't the game have the option to build both of those two? It'd certainly make my life easier. I don't really like the idea of building two homes just to get the library. What to do?

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I chose Lakeview manor and have a kitchen (mainly for the kids and Lydia my Housecarl/steward). I have the alchemy tower and the East wing is the bedroom, which I never use as I am a werewolf:D.
I have an enchanting table and in my cellar are all my weapon racks and stuff.
I crammed pretty much everything you can make into every room. Even have a couple of guest beds on the top floor.
In my garden I grow ingredients for making restore health potions, and some deathbells and nightshades.
It's nice, but it seems to be evil central. Every time I go home I have all manor of evil creatures/people attacking it. What happened to the lone giant? gad dangit! I get vampires/bandits AND a dragon all at once!

Not sure about your chickens. All three of mine got killed by bandits and I read you can't get them back but mine re-spawned and are laying again, so I guess they are OK, with it :) meanwhile, I think my cow is traumatised. And I very recently lost Frost to some Bandits and a dragon, so the ferns next to the crafting table (Frosts final resting place) bring back some sad memories for me:sadface:

I have lakeview manor and have this setup:

North wing: Trophy room. I just love this because i hunt a lot and it is also a good conversation starter for when my friend Sven comes and visits

West wing: bedroom. Everyone needs a good family! I also have a mod where it turns the bedroom into two rooms.

East wing: Library. My kids (Hroar and Virkmund) need a good place to study!

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I have lakeview manor and have this setup:

North wing: Trophy room. I just love this because i hunt a lot and it is also a good conversation starter for when my friend Sven comes and visits

West wing: bedroom. Everyone needs a good family! I also have a mod where it turns the bedroom into two rooms.

East wing: Library. My kids (Hroar and Virkmund) need a good place to study!

I would like that mod. I think having your kids beds in the same room is creepy.

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
At the pale house, Heljarchen Hall, I have a trophy room. So far I have made a spriggan, a dwarf spider and a dragon skull.
I have the armoury, and bedroom. Haven't made everything for each room but I have made the alchemists lab and enchanting table. The cellar is pretty bare to, pretty much just barrels and storage. I figured I didn't need a kitchen as there is the big fireplace in the dining room, and one in the entry hall.
Don't know if I will move the Family there or not. I have the Pale housecarl/steward, Gregor, and he is pretty much there on his own all the time. I know it's not so dangerous there but I DO love LVM, even with all the evil critters attacking.

After building At least 50 of all the Hearthfire homes , with all the different options ,and Combos , I have Finally found what works for me . Bedroom , Storage room , Kitchen , as close to perfect as I can find for my Little toon Family . Enchanter Table and Table for Alchemy , works nice . I finally realized it's a home for a Family . Hope you have all found what helps you best . I don't build more than the one any more . Helljarchen Hall in the Pale. May you all enjoy S.R. Great Game .

BedivereLancelot

Bounty Hunter.
Harthfire is cool and all but I personally prefer the manor you can get in raven rock because it has 4 mannequins, tons of weapon racks, both an enchanter and a alchemy table, a smithery, a huge master bedroom, a load of chests, 2 spare bedroom, great main entrance, display cases, an awesome town with a fence, a ebony mine near by for quick access to ebony and daedric weapons and armor (if you have the hearts needed)and to top it all off the manor in raven rock is about 20-25 feet away from one of the best inn/taverns in the game.

Please excuse any misspellings :)

shadowkitty

Mistress of Shadows
I spent ages last night getting a bunch of gems into a bowl in my home Lakeview Manor. Of course I had to do it twice as everything goes back on the floor after the first time. But totally worth it. I also made an artful arrangement of glowing things in that dark little corner in the cellar.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts