• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

JoeReese

So, it seems I have a bit of a mystery on my hands. I was at Dushnikh Yal, training in one-handed. The Orc Chief there is a master level trainer. Of course, along comes a dragon, which wipes out several of the Orcs in the stronghold. When the dragon was dead, I collected its bones, scales, loot, and soul, and began dragging bodies into the Stronghold and laying them out with some semblance of dignity. During this, the chief came running by saying "Victory is yours," and disappeared from sight. When I didn't see him for the remainder of the day, I finally went into the longhouse after him. He wasn't there, so I searched around and found him dead outside the main gate.

Now, with the dragon dead, who killed the Chief? Did he somehow manage to cross swords with Faendal, my follower? I had lost track of him while I was moving the bodies.

And damn it, I was at 75 and only needed 5 more to be able to take the 5/5 armsman perk. Now I have to wait, because the only master trainer in the game is dead. Grrrr.

Haru17

Lost Falmer
So, it seems I have a bit of a mystery on my hands. I was at Dushnikh Yal, training in one-handed. The Orc Chief there is a master level trainer. Of course, along comes a dragon, which wipes out several of the Orcs in the stronghold. When the dragon was dead, I collected its bones, scales, loot, and soul, and began dragging bodies into the Stronghold and laying them out with some semblance of dignity. During this, the chief came running by saying "Victory is yours," and disappeared from sight. When I didn't see him for the remainder of the day, I finally went into the longhouse after him. He wasn't there, so I searched around and found him dead outside the main gate.

Now, with the dragon dead, who killed the Chief? Did he somehow manage to cross swords with Faendal, my follower? I had lost track of him while I was moving the bodies.

And damn it, I was at 75 and only needed 5 more to be able to take the 5/5 armsman perk. Now I have to wait, because the only master trainer in the game is dead. Grrrr.

Oghma Infinium glitch!

Edit: Cheating is a buzz word. The game allows you to glitch something to help you level a skill that you don't use. It's perfectly fine for people to use if they want to.

Zatam Zar

.esrever ni ti daeR
I think more likley he crossed swords with you and your follower simply defended you finshing hi of already weak from the dragon attack.

Benthos

Proud Mer
I was playing with a friend on his Dunmer character and expected the usual meet and greet at Windhelm but it turns out a dragon attacks the city which canceled everything early on upon entering. All it takes is one misfire to cause people to flip out and if they're weak enough, they will either flee or try to recover their health. They say that with certain races, you'll get different RPG elements within dialogue and treatment but it wasn't that much different with the others, most significant would be the ability to just walk into orc strongholds with Benthos, my Orsimer character.

So I'm assuming perhaps he was hit by a stray shot which caused him to become hostile (even if he's distracted with the dragon) and just by being changed to hostile, your partner will defend you, he is most likely the reason why he died unless an animal was nearby that did him in but that's not likely.

Skulli

Is that fur coming out of your ears?
player.incpcs onehanded.

Do it 5 times!

Benthos

Proud Mer
player.incpcs onehanded.

Do it 5 times!
If you're playing PC, that would actually do something via console commands, but some of us don't have it on PC but on PS3 or 360.

JoeReese

I think more likley he crossed swords with you and your follower simply defended you finshing hi of already weak from the dragon attack.

That sounds like it. I had Faendal with me, but Mjoll has done that before, and the other day my flame atronach started torching my horse after I accidentally hit it.

I found a way around it, which may be a glitch, but it's time-consuming and much more fun than the book, or even paying for training. Take a spin out to a cleared Stormcloak or Imperial camp, or go and clear one. The officer in charge cannot be killed. I spent more time than I needed to, because I didn't think to send Faendal home first and he reduced each fight to a hit or two, but once I dismissed him it was just me and the officer. Spar, heal, spar, heal, spar, heal. It raised my one-handed, my light armor, my restoration, and my destruction. Since Faendal had shot him with a glass arrow, he was shooting those back, so at one point I just stood in his command tend, while he stood outside and leveled my light armor for me, and I simply collected his missed shots. When I get a daedric arrow, I'm going back.

This is on my new build, an Orc Stormcloak, who was simply pissed that they were trying to execute him. I wish I had known about this for my Nord Legate. I think all training should be like this. What a blast.
If you do this, though, don't use your enchanted weapons. You'll waste the charge, and you won't be able to get as many hits on the officer before they take a knee. Bring or pick up an unenchanted dagger, sword, or whatever, and you can get more hits per fight. It's also a great place to test out the effectiveness, distance required, and overall control difficulties of different attacks.

Daedra'Mc'Bitch

When I adopted Sceolang (the husky) from Dawnguard, he and Lydia ALWAYS got into fights because one would accidentally hit the other. I think it was always Sceolang's fault, but he was so cute that I couldn't blame him.

Chowder138

Proud member of PAHAAA.
Oghma Infinium glitch!

Now, I know it's your game, and you're free to do what you wish in your game, but THAT'S CHEATING *flips table*

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts