• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

HelloMyNameIsEd

He-Who-Killed-Ulfric-Stormcloak-With-A-Broom
It's happened to everyone before: your character hit the bucket earlier than was intended. What would have to be your most embarrassing character death?

Here's mine: I was attacked by a dragon early in-game, but a Giant saved me. I went to the nearby Giants camp, thinking that they would still be friendly. They rewarded me with a trip to Space.

Streets

The Gentleman Owl
Once I was playing a mage on Master, and I had an Ancient dragon show up much earlier than it should have level-wise, I think like level 22 or something. Its fly-by breath attack was doing about 90% to me. Basically I ran to the closest city, Falkreath, to try to get the guards to kill it. They all died and it was after me again. I went through Riverwood, Whiterun, a few Giant camps, a few Bandit camps, just leveling my Restoration up like crazy with all the healing I was having to do. The dragon was killing everything and still had like 60% health at this point. Well, I went through Dawnstar (all died) and finally made my way to Winterhold where the powerful mages there were finally able to kill this dang dragon. Yes, it died, and I accidentally fell from the cliff all the way down to the river below, and I died too.

Other than that, Mudcrabs sneak attacked me while I was hunting a deer.

I tried to win a fist fight against Borkul the Beast.

I thought I had my Orc Racial ability in the "shout" slot, so I clicked it to fight Krosis at Shearpoint, and I accidentally Whirlwind Sprinted myself off the cliff to die. That's happened a lot actually, I usually don't die, but I think I have something equipped, then I Whirlwind Sprint instead.

Kalin of High Rock

Faal Lun Vahdin
Fus Roh Da'd off a mountain peek ruin by a drauger deathlord. The one time I didn't have a ward up and ready, there I went into the wild blue yonder.

Drewski

Relaxing on Revis Island, with Revis and Holmes :(
Mine is truly embarrassing:-

Lvl 25, Tough Paladin. I'd just ran up the mountain (yet again - no fast travel rule) to see the GreyBeards and get another word wall location. Was gleefully using Become Ethereal to bound down the side of the Mountain, taking care not to have it run out. Near the foot of the mountain, a tree had slightly blocked my view of the drop, but still I was Ethereal so no worries, I bounced off.....and just before I hit the bottom, Ethereal ran out....I was left with a miniscule bit of health, and telling myself irl `DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!` l, quickly armed a fast heal....

And then a Skeever bit me and I died :oops:o_O...

Feel free to mock, it's well deserved.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
Fast traveling to a place nearby korthspire only to be one shot killed by a forsworn archer because I was only wearing my archmage robes with no armor.

Epic Keith

By Ysmir you're going to FREEZE to death!
I just acquired Dragonbane so I thought I would be a boss! I found a dragon in Riverwood and I was on the terrace of the riverwood trader. I jumped down thinking my Dragonbane is awesome. The dragon ate me for a midnight snack!!

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
I had just fought off a bunch of mages in a dungeon and turned around to continue forward when a big spiky wall slammed into and killed me, apparently I was inches from the plate that activated the trap, so I can survive mages but not the traps of the dungeon.
CURSE YOU DUNGEON TRAPS!!!.

When Serana lovingling nudged me off a cliff.

Skyrimosity

My first playthrough, fighting out of Helgen alongside Hadvar, killing all those Stormcloaks thinking "I'm awesome! Nothing can stop me!" I traveled with good ol' Hadvar all the way to Riverwood and talked to Alvor, got my free stuff and ingots, decided I'd go to Whiterun and talk to the Jarl.
THAT'S WHEN IT HAPPENED
A chicken walked right across the road. I immediately thought I could use the meat for my journey ahead and walked right up to it and killed it. Then the entire town started charging me and before I could explain I just wanted some food I was dead. Yep, killed because of a chicken. Needless to say the chickens of Skyrim have remained unharmed by this one.

Neveraine

BRINGER OF DEATH
My first playthrough, fighting out of Helgen alongside Hadvar, killing all those Stormcloaks thinking "I'm awesome! Nothing can stop me!" I traveled with good ol' Hadvar all the way to Riverwood and talked to Alvor, got my free stuff and ingots, decided I'd go to Whiterun and talk to the Jarl.
THAT'S WHEN IT HAPPENED
A chicken walked right across the road. I immediately thought I could use the meat for my journey ahead and walked right up to it and killed it. Then the entire town started charging me and before I could explain I just wanted some food I was dead. Yep, killed because of a chicken. Needless to say the chickens of Skyrim have remained unharmed by this one.

This is so funny because all my friends who play skyrim said this happened to them too, so know that its not just you ... ITS EVERYONE!!! Those chickens have killed more people you can imagine.

When I first got out of the cave my brothers told me that I should kill the guy who just helped me get out so I attacked him and died. Fortunately it had auto saved because I hadn't saved it yet and I was just thinking "crap, I have to remake my character again!"

Skyrimosity

This is so funny because all my friends who play skyrim said this happened to them too, so know that its not just you ... ITS EVERYONE!!! Those chickens have killed more people you can imagine.

When I first got out of the cave my brothers told me that I should kill the guy who just helped me get out so I attacked him and died. Fortunately it had auto saved because I hadn't saved it yet and I was just thinking "crap, I have to remake my character again!"
Yes, I have heard many a chicken story. Soon the day will come when man overthrows chicken!!!

Aquillus

went for a jump that my old character could land no problem. i realized midway down however, that i had started a new character...

nordicowboy

Must be my Nord blood......
Fighting a spriggan when I was around level 10. I barely survived the fight, only to have a mudcrab get a free (and fatal) shot at my ass cheek...........
you-son-of-a-bitch_o_234400.jpg

King o' the Britains

Supreme Commander of Elite Awesomeness
I was in kagrenzal at level 5. Anyone who has completed kagrenzal will understand that. I killed the falmer , then fell off a cliff. the companions made me go there at level 5.

FrostedPink

Fairon
Mountain falls are always embarrassing. For me, though, my most telling moment was after I killed a few dragons. I thought a Giant would be no big deal. So my happy butt walks straight up to the guy and starts hitting him in the shins with a battleaxe. HA! We know how that ended. Talk about wounded pride! It wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't been so darn cocky about it! Now I see a Giant and I near wet my pants in terror!

Bourn

I still run like a little school girl every time I see a frost dragon. Their breath alone gets me down to 30% and then they just snatch me up and fling me into the vast expanses of space.

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts