• Welcome to Skyrim Forums! Register now to participate using the 'Sign Up' button on the right. You may now register with your Facebook or Steam account!

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
Oh boy. Hey, monolith, you're not missing a thing with Skrillex. He's just a dude pressing buttons on a lap top making terrible noises, and people call it music. Before anyone says anything I can actually play an instrument, been playing guitar for 18 years. To prove it:

Nice guitar playing, dude! You capture the Hendrix vibe flawlessly. As for Skrillex and dubstep, I find it hard to understand why such a genre of music even exists. It sounds like industrial noise and requires no actual artistic skill to create - just a working knowledge of audio software. Well, different strokes fer different folks, I reckon!

I guess I gotta flex my music skills now, too. Here's me playing a funky cover from a very funky soundtrack, Interstate 76 OST - Revenge Rocco Style. I should record another song off that soundtrack with slapping, the very backbone of funk music for the bass.

Chessdude

I don't own a bass and I wanted to pick one up after listening to this ;) My acoustic guitar just wouldn't do it any justice.

I unfortunately don't have my bass with me, I won't have it for another 3 weeks, but my acoustic is here. But you are right, the acoustic guitar wouldn't do it justice :sadface:

Wicked bro. I love me some funky beats. Now I feel like I also need to pull out my Fender Jaguar Bass and molest it a little. I have forsaken it a little for my acoustic/harmonica duo for far too long now! :p

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
Wicked bro. I love me some funky beats. Now I feel like I also need to pull out my Fender Jaguar Bass and molest it a little. I have forsaken it a little for my acoustic/harmonica duo for far too long now! :p

Right on! :cool: Good idea, btw.. that bass isn't gonna molest itself, so get to it! :p And if you ever happen to record your playing, that'd be awesome, whether it's the bass or guitar & harmonica duo!

Here is yet more of my playing. This time some slappy funky stuff. Made just a couple of tiny mistakes, but overall I'm happy with the way it turned out. This is one of the harder songs to play on that soundtrack, with the insane double popping part in the end:

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
Thanks dude! :D Double popping is one of those things that really blurs the line between the bass and rhythm section.. you cross over more into the latter and take on the role of the drummer. I'm not quite advanced enough myself to double pop AND play complex melodies at the same time, so I'm mostly just bashing away & spanking the bass like a red-headed stepchild. :p

l0rdg0ld666

Listener
As for Skrillex and dubstep, I find it hard to understand why such a genre of music even exists.

for the record skrillex isnt real dubstep. its that electro house plops for 12 year old girls.

nice guitar skills btw

Monolith

The Progeny of Vikings
I don't know anything about being a rock star's manager. I can make web sites, logos and posters though! ;)

I'll keep that in mind when/if I reach true rock star status ;) I guess doing gigs and getting paid under the table doesn't quite qualify me as one!

Recent chat visitors

Latest posts